HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[REQ] wishful thinking about guns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tanuki

PostSubject: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:06 am

It would be nice to just completely do away with the current gun system and replace it instead with a system where you make all the various components of guns.  not only that but completely customized classes of weapons,

Side-arms with a choice of a slide or revolving chamber each different one able to use a different specified caliber, customize sights ranging from standard to the blocky look of a glock, to night sights.  Snub nose for concealment with such features as not losing it when you die or having it be undetectable in a Frisking-swep or something like that, or a standard barrel, maybe even one with a rail or the proper recepticle for a silencer.

For rifles you could have different kinds of stocks like wood, black synthetic padded, frame stocks, or even a pistol grip, different sized barrels for close quarters or long range and loading mechanisms like Bolt action, lever action, pump action, auto-loader or the kind that makes it full automatic.

Since it's the Post Nuke world and we're kind of making these guns ourselves, it's kind of weird to name them after their old-world counterparts as opposed to just a technical  .22 fluted barrel Lever-Action w/ Pad Stock bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:44 am

I wish this could be implemented but due to how much coding is already done I think bizz would have a hard time implementing this but if it were added as a option ex you can make a m16 for 110 130 50 that is customizable but you can also make long barrel metal/weighted stock and/or laser sight for the gun permanently after making s m16 trigger, pin and body, then you would have to assemble it in a workbench to make a incomplete m16 in which at this s you go to a CBC mill and add on weighted stock laser sight and red dot sight to finally complete it. The problem with this is that it has a learning curve for people who don't understand how a gun is made (me) The bonuses would be that the gun market will be open for a larger variety weapons.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:10 pm

In a PostNuke world how would people know how to make a complete gun? Its pretty hard, not to mention your homemade weapon would probably jam a lot.

3D PRINTERS

Last edited by Tactical Bacon on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : derp the emoticon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanuki

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Yeah i'm aware about jamming :p but how would people know how to do alot of things? it's possible that there's a system of education in the postnuke world, although the ability would be heavily sought after.

& Stormy, yeah i know, that's why i had it as more of a wishful thinking type thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:19 pm

is there even a mod for this?

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 pm

The Customizable Weaponry mod had a somewhat recent update composed of being able to modify your guns parts, such as adding custom stocks, heavy bolt, etc. So... I don't know how to use dat stuffs

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanuki

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:21 pm

again, Wishful thinking <3 it's not an idea i actually expect to happen. I don't explore garry's mod enough to know about all the mods and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Tanuki wrote:
again, Wishful thinking <3 it's not an idea i actually expect to happen.  I don't explore garry's mod enough to know about all the mods and whatnot.
Gmod is like the internrt, the bad part finds you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:26 am

I would rather see the ammo update first, and then worry about the completely customizable weapons.

~if we're actually getting the ammo update, that is.....

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:29 pm

I've offered to bizzclaw to help with debugging and stuff like that. he accepted the offer but he hasn't given me any work to do yet =p Probably because i know nothing specific to LUA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Same here. Now that I know some lua from coding my own server, I can help him fix bugs when he doesn't have time or when he's busy working on other things.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [REQ] wishful thinking about guns   Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:26 pm

... Wai...you...do....DIS!
What possibly makes you think I can do dis?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[REQ] wishful thinking about guns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1