HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Bullshit "raid"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RosqueJenkins

PostSubject: Bullshit "raid"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:07 pm

I was standing in an outpost and somebody built a storage in that outpost and then BoS comes out of nowhere and raids this little locker with nothing in it seeing it just got built and i was murdered for no reason other than i was in the public outpost when it happened this doesnt hardly seem fair because people can just go into public outpost and drop storages and someone else to raid its bullshit i want all my stuff back for this garbage
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm probably wrong but I believe you are not allowed to have anything raidable or set anything that is in a public outpost.

If I'm right the fault falls to whoever dropped the locker.
I'd pull any evidence if you have some, might not do anything though.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:38 pm

If you place things down such as stockpiles or lockers in a public outpost your outpost will become raid-able (Do not place down valuables in public outposts!)
Once any form of raid-able items are placed down in your outpost it is no longer considered a public outpost and is bound by the normal base rules

If a raid-able item was placed and you wish not to be killed leave said outpost

Biggie Smalls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RosqueJenkins

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:40 pm

i get that but i shouldnt be killed because someone else put one down while i was standing in the outpost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notorious B.R.L.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:53 pm

if you dont want to be killed tell them to get rid of it or leave i understand u were just standing in the out post but like i said if a raid-able source has been place and u wished not be killed then leave

Biggie Smalls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:49 am

It was far from bullshit. Jane put down her locker which made it raidable. It even says in the rules to be careful to not place them in public outposts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:16 am

Hey its happened to the BoS before, ask FUBAR. We have a policy that if ANYONE places raidables it immediatley puts all occupants in danger so i tell my guys to BE the raiders instead of just letting someone else raid. Again as a player I know how you feel but it was just procedure for my guys. No hard feelings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:44 am

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
Hey its happened to the BoS before, ask FUBAR. We have a policy that if ANYONE places raidables it immediatley puts all occupants in danger so i tell my guys to BE the raiders instead of just letting someone else raid. Again as a player I know how you feel but it was just procedure for my guys. No hard feelings.

your logic is absolutely stupid as your the danger

Last edited by Aesop on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:45 am

also we're talking about the public outpost right now and we're facepalming hard at the raiding rules while trying to figure out a solution.

sorry rosquejenkins for what happened, it spurred a change if it makes you feel better though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am

Can this thread get an official reply? Regarding the stance? The comments seem to be taking this the wrong way.

2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:35 am

Aesop wrote:
also we're talking about the public outpost right now and we're facepalming hard at the raiding rules while trying to figure out a solution.

sorry rosquejenkins for what happened, it spurred a change if it makes you feel better though.

JohnWoodlock wrote:
Can this thread get an official reply? Regarding the stance? The comments seem to be taking this the wrong way.

Well, I think Aesop gave us one of them. They are trying to figure out a solution.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:40 am

no change is needed, maybe dont place lockers down in public? its happened to me countless times before and i said "awe damn that was stupid of me" instead of what i hear now which is "waaaahh raidings stupid i made a mistake and its eveyones fault but mine" Just mark it down as a learning experience and better yourself like i did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:42 am

also if this does provide change id like a full tedund for the past 3 YES THREE years ive played cause ive lost alot of shit to "bullshit" raids. Its only bullshit if you lose. Making the ENTIRE game easier isnt a solution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:19 pm

No, it's not that. If you can think of it from a common sense perspective.

Players 1-5 are hanging out in a public outpost.
Player 5 puts down a locker.

Player 6 shows up and yells raid, then kills players 1-5 who had nothing to do with the scenario except for 5.

That's truly unfair to players 1-4 who are just hanging out in a public outpost and have nothing to do with the situation. They shouldn't be taken down in a mass shooting which is pretty much mass RDM. We're trying to think of a solution but it pretty much just seems to be that you can only kill the person who put the locker down, rather than massacre the whole public outpost for absolutely no reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:21 pm

http://www.frostburnt.com/t1408-player-abuse-report-fubar

look at that? where was the support then!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:24 pm

fubar got away with it from jamz for the reason being those raiding dont know who is going to open fire on said raider plus the rules stating that a locker makes an outpost raidable like a base. If players decided to stay with a locker down then well shit. I woulda been like "oh fuck pick it up im leaving" or if i stayed i can garauntee id try , try, to shoot back.. why linger if you dont want a confrontation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
http://www.frostburnt.com/t1408-player-abuse-report-fubar

look at that? where was the support then!!!

leon, you out of all people should know we're not all omnipotent beings who are able to think every scenario out at a given time.

i'm not refunding any past players who lost their shit. i'm not giving this guy his stuff back. no one is.
we're just making a rule change due to this scenario. if players were entitled to shit that they lost back when a rule wasn't the same then we might as well just give out free hardsuits.

we're changing the rule because the situation was brought to light in a way that we didn't really think of due to a lapse of judgement due to this thread.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Ik aesop, im just saying its unfair, to my guys who are finally able to raid like fubar and instead of getting a chance to get gear back rules get changed because new players throwing a hissy fit.. rules didnt change when i threw hissy fits back then ? so why now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:33 pm

How about make it that for the outposts that the raiders have to give them 30-60 seconds to leave the area or hide and those who open fire will be killed right away? It seems logical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
Ik aesop, im just saying its unfair, to my guys who are finally able to raid like fubar and instead of getting a chance to get gear back rules get changed because new players throwing a hissy fit.. rules didnt change when i threw hissy fits back then ? so why now?

because we didn't think about the same way that we did back then. we're not perfect. i'm sorry but it just hit our radar

like you do understand what we'd be doing right

we'd be making it so you can still kill the person who puts the locker down, just not the people who have nothing to do with the situation.

it's pretty dumb when people have a bind to raid and not even half a millisecond later they're mowing people down, not giving a chance for people to leave the outpost.
-- maybe we can instead have something where you have to warn people to leave before doing it but then the person would most likely just pick up their locker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 pm

im not saying dont revise the rule aesop. im for that. i just want to put a different pov out there. Im tired. Tired of people thinking we didnt work for shit. Tired of players thinking that i didnt go through what they did to get where i am. I just want the community to know that. Postnuke is a hard game. Its not always easy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:42 pm

And the sad part is no matter how the rule is revised someone will get the upperhand. like you said theyll just pick it up! or fo what we did and murder everyone so we dont get shot and so NOBODY can pick anytging up. Either way it seems fucked. Sorry for arguing with you man. I know how Layla feels. But it was finally our turn to be the bad guys instead of getting shit on. And Layla.. we didnt shit on you like sparta did to us back then. if anything that was a minor fart..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
And the sad part is no matter how the rule is revised someone will get the upperhand. like you said theyll just pick it up! or fo what we did and murder everyone so we dont get shot and so NOBODY can pick anytging up. Either way it seems fucked. Sorry for arguing with you man. I know how Layla feels. But it was finally our turn to be the bad guys instead of getting shit on. And Layla.. we didnt shit on you like sparta did to us back then. if anything that was a minor fart..

dude you can be a bad guy and still get the gear, but why the fuck do you think being a bad guy equates to just randomly killing everything in a public outpost because one person puts their locker down.

it's called balancing. you can be ruthless to the people who risk stuff.

not the people who had nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:46 pm

because thats kinda what you guys used to do to us..Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:48 pm

Blackhawkdownabc wrote:
because thats kinda what you guys used to do to us..Sad

i'm just about done having this discussion because you're not understanding that the staff, along with the people who decide the rules and the person programming the game aren't perfect. i'm sorry that you're upset, but i'm not drawing out this conversation any longer. if you have any suggestions to adjust the rule in a way you think is fair feel free to make them.

but, this more so has to do with the common sense issue that wasn't thought of people that the OP brought up very well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bullshit "raid"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next