Share | 

Bullshit "raid"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm

This has happened numorous times over the course of years, no offence aesop, but you don't need to be omnipotent to notice something going on for that long.

And besides, they could had left if they saw the locker down, common sense would say " well shit, this outppst is raidable now, time to gtfo or help defend just incase"

Last edited by Spartan574 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm

Spartan574 wrote:
This has happened numorous times over the course of years, no offence aesop, but you don't need to be omnipotent to notice something going on for that long.

once more, we're not perfect. i've already explained it was a lapse in judgement and we didn't think about it until the way the original poster worded it was presented to us.

lol.

like if you want me to give you "fake" reasons and want me to come off as professional rather than just someone who cares about the server and is just like any of you let me know and we'll just update the rule and not say why and then give some bs reason.

Spartan574 wrote:

And besides, they could had left if they saw the locker down, common sense would say " well shit, this outppst is raidable now, time to gtfo or help defend just incase"

assuming you're already in the outpost

bind a raid key

yell raid

not even half a second later mow people down.

please use common sense.

no one's going to wait for people to leave, they're just going to yell raid then fuck shit up.

feel free to get on teamspeak and talk to us about it if you want to.

Last edited by Aesop on Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Well, I mean in that case, the rule doesn't need to be changed in my honest opinion. It wasn't our fault that everyone decided to stay there despite there being a raidable.

Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Spartan574 wrote:
Well, I mean in that case, the rule doesn't need to be changed in my honest opinion. It wasn't our fault that everyone decided to stay there despite there being a raidable.

People can't walk out of a room in half a second, sorry. Units in source don't allow you to go that fast, unless we adjusted the walk speed and played tribes ascend.

It makes absolutely no sense to be minding your own business then get gunned down due to someones mistake they made literately half a second earlier and you couldn't react to.

lol. i don't get the issue, you can still kill the person who put the locker down assuming we're going to go through with changing this rule, which we most likely will. just need to talk to chess, chacon, and coront about it. (wow i just realized all their names start with c)

anyway, if you want to get somewhere with this argument feel free to talk to us on ts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:20 pm

probably another thing to consider for this is

once you yell raid you must give the players who want to leave time to leave.

as freeman said, this could be monitored from the time you yell raid to the time the first person is damaged/killed.

that seems like a good middle-ground to be hit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:52 pm

Suggestion:

"/y Outpost Raid! Non affiliated wastelanders start running"
Something of the sorts? It's a warning and a raid message but I see an issue with the person who placed the raidable item running away and starting a sit screaming "Nu uh, wasn't me"

Something like this:

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Giving people time to leave is a good idea, but there might be that one group who decides "we will pretend to leave then shoot the shit out of people"

Wolven
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:47 pm

Here's my opinion on the rule. It should be left alone, and really, it's a matter of common sense in this scenario. I wouldn't be standing outside, watching how the raid would go, otherwise I would expect myself to catch a stray bullet myself, or possibly "be involved". If it was real life, I would seriously dash away from the scene, instead of standing around and witnessing what happen. Don't over think too much about this sort of rule. It'll unnecessarily increase your stress level, Yep. tongue

[i]"I've been asked, how our story ends. But how can it. How can we possible find resolution after so much has happened. The war is over, but the fires , burn on and in time, our voyage will become history and our action will become a legend. The chapters, that we have written are part of a greater act. As we depart our separate ways, we return to friends and to family. We would return home. The sun rises, welcoming us as a new day begins. But victory is not achieved without sacrifice. We leave behind wreathes of our journey. They were lost, so that we may prevail. Yet, even as we lose all else, we retain hope, that our sacrifice were for a purpose. And that others will live on to remember them. The stories continue is because... it is the combination of many. Every character gives and takes of them. It help shape and change it. The choices we make we ensure it's immortality. Our adventure maybe over, but our stories live on through everyone we shared with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Wolven wrote:
Here's my opinion on the rule. It should be left alone, and really, it's a matter of common sense in this scenario. I wouldn't be standing outside, watching how the raid would go, otherwise I would expect myself to catch a stray bullet myself, or possibly "be involved". If it was real life, I would seriously dash away from the scene, instead of standing around and witnessing what happen. Don't over think too much about this sort of rule. It'll unnecessarily increase your stress level, Yep. tongue

bind key raid

press raid key

not even half a second later mow people down not involved
which conflicts with the rdm rule

sorry, no. in real life people can also kill each other whenever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Why not make it a rule to only gun down nearby faction members, and only faction members. Allies may start shooting but can't be made targets until they shoot first at the raiders. This will prevent massacres happening from a newer player placing a locker in town, and will still penalize then and their faction enough to teach them to guard their valuables better. Just a suggestion I thought of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Warandally wrote:
Why not make it a rule to only gun down nearby faction members, and only faction members. Allies may start shooting but can't be made targets until they shoot first at the raiders. This will prevent massacres happening from a newer player placing a locker in town, and will still penalize then and their faction enough to teach them to guard their valuables better. Just a suggestion I thought of.

I suppose that sounds like another middle-ground that could be hit, yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:09 am

Warandally wrote:

+1

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:38 am

At the same time tho why not shoot all the faction members and once their all killed anyone left at the outpost who hasn't left can be killed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: Bullshit "raid"   Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:39 am

lukevader24011 wrote:
At the same time tho why not shoot all the faction members and once their all killed anyone left at the outpost who hasn't left can be killed

that's just common sense.

you can shoot all the faction members right away, and if people don't evacuate then they're in harms way too.
given that they have/had time to leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bullshit "raid"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2