HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BenKMH

PostSubject: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:21 am

In-game Name: Orion Lancelot

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:97887029

Have you donated: (Not required but recommended) Not yet, I am planning to.

Where are you from/time zone: US Eastern Time Zone

How long have you played: A weeks time.

How did you hear about FF: (E.g. Friends: Admins: Other:) Rumors mainly, no need to talk about that as they're all false statements.

How old are you: 16, 17 on January.

Do you have a microphone: Yes, I do.

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: No, not quite.

Have you played on any of our other servers: Not that I know of.

Why you wish to be Moderator: This question is a very generic question in which people respond in a way that answers the literal meaning interpreted by the question, however there is more detail as to why one wishes to become a Moderator. Many people at this point would begin listing about how they love the community, how they love to play but.. what about the community as a whole? What about the development of the server? What about the public experience? When one wishes to assume such a responsible role such as Moderation, one must be ready to assume responsibilities, take proper actions, serve as a role model, etc. These qualities certainly define someone to be acceptable or qualified for such a role. Now, along with these important aspects of a moderator are their goals. If a persons goal for obtaining the rank of Moderator is simply just to stand out, for social class or for the abilities they have in order to benefit in the server; they are not the people you want to become moderators. A Moderator's goal is one that influences not only himself, but the community as well. "What can I do to help the community?", "What could I do to heighten the experience of players?", "What can I do to establish a fun environment?", "What can I do NOW?". The reason why I bolded this statement is because of the general view of creating long-term goals rather than a goal that you can accomplish now; something you can do today to benefit the server. It's the small things that make the community better which in turn lead to brighter and bolder outcomes. Simply to say, I myself wish to be a Moderator with such qualities that not only looks to help the community every day but I will do my best to lead it into a bright and bold future.

Summary:

• To ensure a safe, friendly and fun environment in the community.
  • To make sure member's rights are being protected.
  • To enforce the rules efficiently and formally.
  • To encourage character development.
  • To lead the community towards a common, bright future.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: As described in the last question, a moderator's qualities certainly matter. However, how does one make an impact with these qualities? Well, that would be their contribution, their effort, their ideology, their hospitality as well as their team work.
Henry Ford wrote:
"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success."
Henry Ford clearly elucidates the meaning of team work. This is what keeps the community together; this is what makes the community strive for a great future. Of course, you can be an intelligent individual who's an expert at moderating servers but how good is that when you're dealing with a whole community? You need to have the capability and capacity for team work. It's an important life knowledge known through human history; from the hunter and gatherers during the paleolithic age, to nomads of the neolithic age, to the Great Roman Empire, to the British defeating the Spanish Armada, to the American Revolution, and to now (Not restricted to only these time periods). A community cannot run without people working together. Mainly to say, team work is an essential part of becoming a Moderator, which is one of the important qualities I will be offering other than contribution, activity, effort an hospitality.

Summary:

• The capabilities and capacity for teamwork.
  • The abilities to act properly / formally.
  • The qualities of leadership.
  • The ethics of creating a friendly and fun environment.
  • My contribution and effort.

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why? (Do not lie about this, doing so can ruin your chance of getting moderator. If you cannot remember the reason, note this, and we will look through our logs to find out.): Never.

Anything else you want to add: Yes, currently I am a Junior is High School enrolled in College Courses. Thus, there may be times where I cannot effectively moderate in the server due to having educational assignments. However, I will try my best to be continuously active in the server.

Last edited by BenKMH on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:39 am

Sorry, but seeing as how you've only played for a week, I'm going to have to say no for now. When you've been playing for longer (Maybe about two months weeks) and get to know some of our staff, we'll consider it. Hop on our teamspeak and get to know some people while you're at it.

Last edited by Coront on Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nightmare
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:44 am

Personally I like what you put on the table here for us but as Coront pointed out you need just a little more time to incubate before we feel comfortable with giving you Moderator.

Hop in our teamspeak we wish to talk to you.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:45 am

Get more playtime and experience on the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Notorious B.R.L.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:00 am

im with everyone else on this

Biggie Smalls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:02 am

Get some more time under your belt.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 am

Never heard of you, mod apps nice, but you definitely need to get known more on the server. I'd say wait a few weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:19 am

Not sure if I should say, but while it seems you are proper for the position for moderator based on this impression, you need time and experience in the community. Regular players and staff alike to need to experience how you deal with situations on a day-to-day basis, your behavior and actions. If what you say applies to what you can do, than I do hope you help out this community by making a positive impact on the server, good luck

Edit: Er, gametracker doesn't have your steam name on record for playing Frostburnt Fallout: Decay, so you have no time under the name BenKMH, have you played under other names?

Last edited by PootisPower on Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:33 am

Not trying to be rude or something, out of curiosity I just checked your steam profile and you have Vac banned 7 day's last, it's kinda suspicious let's be honest.

EX-Staff Member, I was demoted because I choose over anime and reading light novels than to play Fallout Decay for a long time, in other words, being inactive for all eternity that's the reason, folks!
See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BenKMH

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:45 am

Ice Frost wrote:
Not trying to be rude or something, out of curiosity I just checked your steam profile and you have Vac banned 7 day's last, it's kinda suspicious let's be honest.

Ah, yes I thought someone was going to bring this up. You see, me and my cousin shared this account to play CS:GO, but it ended up that he was using hacks from mpgh and got my CS:GO account VAC Banned. However since we can no longer play CSGO, he got another account of his own. I don't want to spend money to get a new account with g mod, thus i'm going to have to live with it on my records.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:58 am

Lets be honest here, I have never seen you around, and somewhat, you barely played the server (recommend a month or more) By then I think you'll be fine. Though I agree with Warran, this app is awesome. Just next time alright Very Happy

[i]"I've been asked, how our story ends. But how can it. How can we possible find resolution after so much has happened. The war is over, but the fires , burn on and in time, our voyage will become history and our action will become a legend. The chapters, that we have written are part of a greater act. As we depart our separate ways, we return to friends and to family. We would return home. The sun rises, welcoming us as a new day begins. But victory is not achieved without sacrifice. We leave behind wreathes of our journey. They were lost, so that we may prevail. Yet, even as we lose all else, we retain hope, that our sacrifice were for a purpose. And that others will live on to remember them. The stories continue is because... it is the combination of many. Every character gives and takes of them. It help shape and change it. The choices we make we ensure it's immortality. Our adventure maybe over, but our stories live on through everyone we shared with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:36 am

I have never heard or even seen you on the game. You sound sane and rational, but that's not all that's needed to be part of staff here, there's a lot of crazy kind of stupid shit that goes on around here and drama is plenty.

Ask Mr. Chacon about what it is being staff here, he's got this priceless speech about it

Been playing here going on my third year here and I'm not asking for staff because everyone here knows how much I hate bullshit and how vindictive and biased I can be and I wouldn't want it any other way. Being friends with staff, I get to hear and witness enough player stupidity and bullshit I don't want to get staff, it's too much trouble for what it's worth, mods get it the worse since players, especially those coming from DarkRP, have no respect for anything lower than super admin, and even then most still act like entitled fuckwits

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:04 am

While you have a nice application
I have to say...
Who the fuck are you even? I'm on the server every day for at least 3-4 hours
and I never saw your before in my life.
Plus a week of playtime is not even 1/10 of the experience you need.
And you don't even know other staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:17 am

I like that you want to contribute and help build the community, but don't you think you should spend sometime actually getting to KNOW the community?

It's a bit weird wanting to contribute to something you don't know a lot about. We also would need to get to know you more and see who/how you are as a player. I'm surprised people are on-board without that piece of information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Chacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Okay this is what i have to say, you come from a solid background and your mod app is beautiful and it is very well put. However everyone of our staff (including our mods) have at least had a mouth of time or more with the server you my friend have not, yes you may come from one of the most serious RP servers on Gmod and you have my respect for that. But i will not grant my support to someone that does not even know the staff of this server nor will i support the granting of powers to an unfamiliar face of the community. I think you need to give yourself more time to get to know everyone and to be more in tune with the players and staff as a whole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BenKMH

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Thamks for these incredible insights. Give me a years time before evaluating the application so that I can get to know all the members, staff, gamemode and to learn through long term experience. I will absorb as much knowledge as I can in order to create daily lore friendly events that will contribute to char development of everyones characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BenKMH

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:22 am

My main account is named Steam with the Steam ID STEAM_0:1:39483232. Since I cant play gmod on BenKMH account due to Gmod being shared, that is the main account I am using.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)   Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:58 am

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Moderator Application (BenKMH)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1