HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

How are you supposed to start this game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TBF161

PostSubject: How are you supposed to start this game?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:42 pm

I feel as if this game is extremely difficult for new players, and may be driving them away. I've been playing for 2 days now, but I seem to get nowhere. I cannot collect enough resources to craft any armor or weapons to stop from getting killed immediately by the first thing I run across. The scavengable's spawn rate seems to be really low, and when there is one, it drops hardly an resources or items to allow me to survive.

I understand that this may be the whole point, it may be designed to be difficult, but I thought that I'd give my two cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: How are you supposed to start this game?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 pm

2 days is not nearly long enough. That's literally nothing.

PostSubject: Re: How are you supposed to start this game?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:22 pm

Question, what have you been getting killed by? Mole rats and dogs may be in a pain in the ass to deal with if you're new, but they can be killed. You could always hire a mercenary or guard to protect you while you're scavenging.
Also, I believe there is a command pnrp_countres that you can put in console to see how many nodes/piles are on the map. It varies among maps, but usually it's small for small maps and a larger amount for larger maps. It helps to know how much you can find on every map. As well as this, there are usually specific areas in which nodes spawn such as Goodsprings on newvegas. It's best to learn to adapt on your ways of finding resources. If you're scavenging, carry
-Machete
-Headwrap
-1-2 stimpacks
-One Rad-X and/or rad-a-way

Concentrate on building up to either a basic pistol or merchant's outfit. The merchant's outfit will give you +1 to scavenging while giving you about 70+ inventory space. A pistol (Not glock 20, ammo is more expensive which is 10mm) will provide you a basic way of dealing with weak mobs from a distance. You'll want to invest in getting athletics, strength, and scavenging up after you get your pistol. If you're not interested in killing things continuously for exp, you can eat exquisite food which gives you 4 exp. Avoid the raiders, as I've heard that after they kill you, they take one of your items from your case permanently. It can be hard in the beginning, but doing some of this can help out if you plan on playing for a while. Also, giving back people's stuff can help your reputation ingame. Good luck
Back to top Go down

How are you supposed to start this game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1