HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The real problem with raiders. (It's not damage stats.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: The real problem with raiders. (It's not damage stats.)   Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Ok, so after some time playing, I think I've figured out what's actually wrong with the raiders. (In my opinion.)

1: They relentlessly follow you across the map, and never lose interest.
- I've experienced this multiple times, and on several occasions, this has resulted in raiders following me and others into towns, after moving out of sight.

2: Infinite Sprinting.
- Raiders seems to be able to run forever without getting tired, which  makes escaping them near impossible for people without the means to fight them properly.

3: Breaking down doors.
- Human players can't do it, doesn't make much sense for a human NPC to be able to. (Or most NPCs for that matter. Should be reserved for bears, combine guards, mirelurks, etc.)

4: Spawning on top of people.
-This hasn't happened to me yet, but it's entirely possible considering this happens with many NPCs. If a raider spawns on top of you, there's literally no counter.

5: Camping.
- I walked into a building when I entered a town. When I walked out, a raider was literally crouching next to the doorway, and unloaded it's AR into me. Took a little over a second, with armor on, for me to die. I got defibbed, but if this camping is intended behavior, it could seriously fuck people over. A lot.

6: Headshots.
- This was touched on in the other topic. Headshots should be very rare, just for the sake of unarmored players not getting insta-killed every time they encounter a raider.

7: Backwards Zig-Zag running when attacked with melee weapons.
- Running backwards is a reasonable response to someone charging you with a melee weapon, but the Zig-Zagging is a bit much, especially considering just how hard it makes them to hit.

420: No Style.
-Raiders have bad fashion sense.

ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: The real problem with raiders. (It's not damage stats.)   Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Completely agree, With the objection that number 420 is just an opinion.

The real problem with raiders. (It's not damage stats.)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1