HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yurik Hunt

PostSubject: [Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.   Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:31 pm

I'm pretty sure after think about this quite a bit that there would be quite the amount of questions once I post this and it is read (and it is unclear to me if anyone else has made a suggestion like this in the past and I never saw it.)
First off I'm talking about after a round (of conventional ammo I.E any non energy weapon ammo) is shot from a gun, it leaves a casing in the players inventory to later be reloaded. I understand this may make the whole ammo system more complicated, but I have been hearing about there trying to be more realism within the server.

Allow me to explain from the beginning.
A player is to use at least 1 scrap that they have on them to create a casing (or however many casings they wish to have) when first starting this process. Then with the help of the munitions press, the player uses up one gunpowder in order to load the bullet(s). Then once the round is fired, the casing is then returned to the players inventory for further reloading and usage.
Mainly what I am saying is that we can add a system to create casing to be used to make ammo by the boxes instead of straight out of just scrap and chemicals.

Occurring to me as well, if we maybe split the system. One system uses the method of using around the equivalent scrap as ammo in one box (20 rounds = 20 scrap.) Then with the help of the munitions press dose not need the usage of chemicals to create ammunition just the casing and gunpowder.

The second system will consist of what we use now. Basic scrap and chemicals to create boxes of ammunition. But in the reloading process, you aren't required to use the required scrap constantly and instead able to in a way bypass the scrap and just use the chemicals.

The system would only be accessed by engineers with the munitions press, but as well you may find casings in piles while scavenging. Thus we may be able to not have to use our scrap (which I may add is very abundant) to create ammo for weapons.

I have not thought of a way to do this with energy weapons, or the newer flamers and such. This would however be a great way to conserve scrap. If you are confused ill attempt to type it up.

Lets say 10mm has 20 rounds in one box( I don't remember how much is in one box of 10mm rounds):
System one:
20 casing + 1 gun powder + 20 chemicals = 1 box of 10mm rounds.
System two:
20 scrap + 1 gunpowder + 20 chemicals = 1 box on 10mm rounds.
Thus saving the players scrap.

There may be a way to make the system more diverse witht he whole reloading of using primers and bullet heads but that would need an immense amount of typing and I'm sure this is enough for now.
S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.   Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Sounds like a good idea but I'm a bit skeptical
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yurik Hunt

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.   Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:18 pm

Well, if you have any questions feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.   Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm

WHEN YOU THINK SCRAP IS VALUABLE. Sorry but this is a bad idea, who would take the time to pick up casings when your in a gunfight, also im pretty sure you would need to cover the bullet again so it would be at least 1 scrap.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.   Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:46 pm

The complicated way would be changing the requirements of ammo to take casings instead of scrap. A much easier system would be to have a random chance of casings appearing in your inventory every time you fire, then you can break down the casings for raw materials.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.   Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:58 pm

James seems to misunderstand. I never meant for you to have to pick up the casing after they are fired. The casings are transferred back into the players inventory automatically. They only appear in the scavenging piles around the size of a bottle cap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Suggestion] System to reload ammunition.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1