HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

A matter of Roleplay.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ineptbird7

PostSubject: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:02 pm

Role-play is only as good as it's immersion. So when others go to Meta, Force it upon others, or Generally are perfect in Role-play...
It ruins it for everyone.
Now i know This server isn't exactly a Serious Role-play Based Schema or Game-mode. But there are rules that are in place to protect those that role-play, and punish those out to minge, Power-game, Meta, And God-mod.
Last Night i will admit, i had gotten irritated with these Rules being broken. i had logged about six hours attendance and had to deal with it an average of every twenty minutes. I also like to believe i'm a patient person. That i will ask you to stop, quit, whatever you are doing to wrong the rules, or someone else.

There comes a point where it's been ENOUGH.

A Consecutive Seven days I've been on the server, and Everything is still FUCKED. There was an announcement for a No-Rules server not too long ago. Yet Minges and ASSHOLES. (i will now be blunt. because I'm fucking pissed) can't quit breaking the rules of Role-play. My Eyes are Directed to a few People with Alt's And Numerous Regulars. BOTH of which should know better.  Viridi, Throwing a Party, Ruining immersion, Changing name to 'Police Officer' Harrassing Gerald and I with our Roleplay.. Some Fred the Fish (with Research, i found out it was Fade), A Spongebob Pac teleporting in the room randomly... So far as Sinnamon Metaing something that there was no chance of Their Character Finding out.

Call it a Vent. Yes, i'm pointing Fingers. I'm tired of Being Pushed around. If shit doesn't improve i will start Posting more Reports, with Evidence, Screen Shots, And Explanations. It's a Fucking Roleplay Supported Server. Don't ruin other people's Experiences with your own Bullshit.

Lets Review The Rules.

Common sense

You shouldn't have any problems with the roleplay rules as long as you have common sense. Don't do anything in-game that you wouldn't do normally in real life, such as sitting on top of of player's head, making floating signs. driving cars backwards or building non RP-friendly structures. It should be easy as it's just common sense.

General Rules

A note on mic chat - Mic chat is generally reserved for in character use when in public areas, but can be used for OOC when in private areas such as an owned building.

Annoying Players

Some players have a habit of wanting to ruin roleplay for others, which is why we leave it to our community to deal with these people. If a player is doing one of the following you may kill them without a roleplay reason after a warning, or call an admin for help.

I Believe Enough had been Said. Quit Fucking around.

Last edited by ineptbird7 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A Slight Edit, with new information)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:06 pm

He has a point... It is kinda true I have seen the shit that happens and it is pretty annoying to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

If you are having issues notify an admin immediately to have them solve the issue while it is happening, or if they are unavailable, record evidence with you asking them to stop, and if they refuse, THEN post about it on the forums. What you have done here serves no purpose. I will gladly help if I am unoccupied and I receive a request in admin chat.

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 pm

This did need to be stated if you ask me. this is a very on the ball role-player that has very legitimate concerns about how role-play is treated and disrespect by other player on the server. I've also noticed this and i do think that we should have a crack down on the people that do go out of there way and take it upon themselves to treat role-play on this server as a joke. One last thing i would like to point out is that this, this something we can learn from to make the Server a more RP friendly place as well as grant the freedoms light role-players want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:07 pm

You got a point. Many people stopped taking the server seriously and just started to fuck around as many of the staff members did it and minges too. Which leaves the non-mingy-users to a very bad position where they've had enough

I have no problem with administrators fucking around like once but it becomes a problem when they kill NPCs that are meant for non godded players that are actually trying to RP.
(I'm sure you all know who I mean)
Back to top Go down
Viridi
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Correction, I didn't throw the party. I arrived late and joined in on all the fun. Do not go pointing fingers until you have the 100% truth, and don't forget to mention all the other people there too, instead of singling out one or two people.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Let's see you called for staff and I was the one who used the fish pac as it's my staff character you didn't say anything and stared at me for 3-4 minutes... I can't really ban people next door if their having a party and simply just having some fun on the server. They were having a party next door since town was occupied. You E-rping with Gerald is a one thing but you can really go hassle on the others as it says "Respect others roleplay."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:19 pm

You Literally were having "fun with Gerald" in the next room.
Back to top Go down
Sinnamon Bun
2015 Halloween PAC Contest 2nd Place

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:22 pm

It literally doesn't matter what they were roleplaying. Making fun of them and teasing them for it is not respecting their roleplay. Also I'm sure there would have been plenty of other places on the map and if you are going to do ooc shit that could potentially disrupt the Roleplay of players. You do it far away from other players. Instead, you chose to do it right next to players. Good Job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Their was no teasing nor mention of them during the party, not all players are hardcore RP'rs some are semi serious serious or just want to experience the motel is a public area all the town was owned, the other dock building was full of NCR. The people at the party were even rping a drug bust. Even gerald was going along with it by saying "Damn neighbors."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sinnamon Bun
2015 Halloween PAC Contest 2nd Place

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:30 pm

Yeah, I spoke to Gerald. He does that because he doesn't want to argue with people. He literally does that all the time to prevent conflict fade. Like I said on teamspeak, you know nothing of what the roleplayers. Most of the time you don't respect roleplay. Both of the people said you guys were teasing them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Apparently the people in question were making fun of roleplay they weren't supposed to even see. Looks like I need to make some changes to the trace based whipser and /me checks as they, like my NPCs line of sight system have also suddenly decided to stop working.
I'm beginning to wonder if something was changed with the way traces, which are invisible lines you can draw from one point to another to check things like line of sight, collisions ect, have straight up stopped working in ways they used to work fine. Why, only yesterday I discovered that for who knows how long, my NPCs were capable of seeing players through walls when their line of sight system was one of the first things I ever perfected with them and has been left alone for practically a year. That's been fixed now, but it looks like I need to work on the whisper and /me checks, as only people who are direct line of sight should be able to receive these messages. This apparently is not happening, and also the whisper radius is ridiculous as well. Seriously, this is annoying. Why can't things that work when you make them just keep working without mysteriously breaking for now reason?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Let back to the point. It's not about what you think we were doing. (Newsflash, it wasn't ERP)
It's their Disruption of Our RP. Which we took to steam as to avoid any meta or bullshit happening. Fade. You were not there for but a minute, and that was a much late Admin Response. It didn't help that you were a fish, that is why i mentioned you.

The Post was made earlier today, freshly written as i saw it at THAT TIME. You can quit the Accusations and the Disrespect and the Over-Defensiveness. You only need to Set the record straight.

Either way, Back to the Point. Role-play was Disrespected. Players were disrespected. Rage-quits Happened. Communicate, understand.

James King

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Role-play? whats that..... did you mean DANK LOOTZ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:38 pm

No one quit but you afterwards even Gerald started laughing, one thing is that you forgot to mention is that you called for staff it makes me look bad if I just teleported to you for no reason. And coming out with a laser gun and shooting random people isn't ok...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ineptbird7

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:40 pm

This problem was Discussed in TeamSpeak.

Lets Review Facts Now.

1. Role-play was happening, Differing Seriousness.
2. Non-Serious was offending the Serious.
3. Exavolt was not Involved.
4. The Post was made in the heat of the moment.
5. Fade wasn't even there for the Majority of this moment.
6. Meta was happening, And there was no ERP (Sorry fellas)
7. Rules were broken, Only a few names were given. (Most of them were changed, or i couldn't remember.
8. Obviously This shouldn't happen again, Or at least it should have Consent.
9. No RDM happened. it was all justified.
10. This Thread is being locked. Immediately

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:05 pm

This was all a misunderstanding and it's been resolved over teamspeak. Thread creator has requested it to be locked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A matter of Roleplay.   

Back to top Go down

A matter of Roleplay.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: