HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Typing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Circle
2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Typing   Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:36 pm

The suggestion that I am posting about here, is that when people are typing, there is some sort of way to know if someone is typing or not. Usually I will say "Alright, goodbye to a person" and they will begin typing something, but sometimes I don't know if they are actually typing something, or are just waiting for me to leave. Maybe if it says above a persons head "This person is typing". And if it totally ruins your rp, maybe there is an option the in options menu under "hud" or something so you can turn it off. Either way, I think it would be helpful.

Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 pm

I have found people use this to meta game kill each other at their most vulnerable point on other servers. I don't know.

2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:25 am

Dr. Exavolt wrote:
I have found people use this to meta game kill each other at their most vulnerable point on other servers. I don't know.

Well, couldn't people just also attack when you think they are replying. Like, when they are just standing still presumably typing? Although I see how this would reassure the attacker that the person is in a weak spot.

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:06 am

Maybe if it only showed when the person isn't in combat?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:36 pm

I miss the fuck outta when the old HL2 models used to do this, made RP so much easier.

Wolven
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:20 pm

To think that they take an advantage of the "typing" icon, that's pretty smart. I got to go with rezzy, something related to the HL2 models that pulls up to their ear when someone types.

[i]"I've been asked, how our story ends. But how can it. How can we possible find resolution after so much has happened. The war is over, but the fires , burn on and in time, our voyage will become history and our action will become a legend. The chapters, that we have written are part of a greater act. As we depart our separate ways, we return to friends and to family. We would return home. The sun rises, welcoming us as a new day begins. But victory is not achieved without sacrifice. We leave behind wreathes of our journey. They were lost, so that we may prevail. Yet, even as we lose all else, we retain hope, that our sacrifice were for a purpose. And that others will live on to remember them. The stories continue is because... it is the combination of many. Every character gives and takes of them. It help shape and change it. The choices we make we ensure it's immortality. Our adventure maybe over, but our stories live on through everyone we shared with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 am

Heh, the hl2 typing kill trick......heh...thats an old one.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:42 pm

Dr. Exavolt wrote:

This is the major reason I haven't added this, when I contemplated adding a system like this, I weighed it's usefulness against the potential for abuse and after some consideration I think it's better that it's not there. People can always just say "wait" or "okay goodbye" when needed, but I can see how having this would certainly make roleplaying easier.

Coront wrote:
Maybe if it only showed when the person isn't in combat?
I don't know... combat can't be detected until a shot has already been fired, but detecting combat is easy and might help. I might put a poll up on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Typing   Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Maybe instead of detecting combat, it can detect if its mostly in town or in a building considering people will rp inside of a building to not be disturbed. Or make it toggleable with the person whos typing can toggle it so People know when they are typing or not.
Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Typing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1