HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The real truth about why we banned Fubar.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 am

Okay, so a lot of people seem to have different opinions of Fubar getting banned, now from what you may have read in the forum post Baracus made, some of you may think he should be unbanned, some of you think he didn't do anything wrong to get banned. Some of you think what we did was unjust. So, you've heard one side of the story, but in sports you can't assume one team that had a high score won if you can't see the other teams score. Matters like this are the same, so I'm going to present the score to everyone.

Several months ago, when Jonathan was actually active in the community he started a Frostburnt Foundation Minecraft server. He even  had me make a server banner for it as well.

Now why is this important to Fubar? Well Fubar Played on this server. Now as you've seen on the rules:
Code:
 "The rules for our community apply to each of the servers we own. Our ban lists are global and what this means is that if you are banned from one server, you cannot access any of our other servers or our TeamSpeak. By joining one of our servers, you agree to respect all players and admins, play fairy, and be mindful of the rules and regulations. These rules are always subject to change and you are a guest on our servers; By playing here It is your responsibility to check them and follow them. If you have a problem with any of the admins or rules, feel free to bring it up with other admins or submit a post to the forums."
"Our ban lists are global"
Fubar was Perma-banned for griefing on this server. Now we didn't ban him from all of other servers or our Teamspeak. We kept him on because a lot of people liked him, he was a donator and he was cool at times. So, despite the absolute ban, as a personal favor from us, Fubar was kept on, and from that day foreward Fubar's presence on our server was completely up to us on a personal level.

Now. I have a few things I want to say. I have spent hundreds of Hours on the server, but not playing to it. No; I'm the sole developer of the Frostburnt Foundation PostnukeRP server. Everything you see on the Postnuke server that isn't on the Original TBU server was all done because I made it so. I have made models, made textures, modified maps and written tons of code for the server. Not only am I the sole developer of the server, I am also the sole fund manager. Yes we get donations, but those donations haven't even begun to cover everything I've personally invested  in to that server, the teamspeak, and the forums. And if that's not enough? I'm the one who manages all of the server ranks and I still get on the server to deal with Administrative situations.

Now I wanted a bit of a break from all this, and what a break playing Minecraft is! We where invited to the server where people who play on our postnuke server started and yes, we where made aware of the dangers, but regardless we asked repeatedly if we could just play without fighting. All we wanted to do was go to the moon. For they could just fight among themselves and leave us out of it, right? See, we figured that after all the work we've done we could of had one wish respected after doing so much for the people who play on our server. We even told Fubar that because of everything that has happened, we had full right to ban him if he nuked us. We told him loud and clearly this, and he had full rain to disregard the other's votes and he could of just walked away. He didn't. He decided to call our bluff and nuke us, and the three days of the break Nightmare and I wanted to take form the server after doing so much for it was destroyed in an instant by the people we where working so hard to please. By players on our server. So why is it that we, meaning nightmare and I, aren't allowed to punish people for completely disregarding our feelings after everything we've done - after everything I've done even when we've warned them of the consequences? Why are we the bad guys?

When I first banned Fubar, we didn't know that there was a vote that was taken to decide whther we should be nuked. Apparently Fubar voted against nuking us, so we unbanned Fubar from the teampseak and Brought him back to talk to him and to see if we should unban him. To give him one final chance. Yet when he was moved in our channel, he clearly expressed to us that he absolutely did not care. He told us that he was done, and several people including Megan (Blue Rock), Steiner, Sloan and Grymestone were there. He didn't care; He was done. We have given Fubar so many chances; he was already permabanned from Minecraft, and then globally in the past. We gave him one last chance. And he blew it.

Anyways, Thank you for reading this. You now have both sides of the story and you can properly gauge the situation, and where you stand on it.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:05 am

Guy this is the true story and this is something i think your all grown up to understand if i don't get unbanned everyone i had a good time and hope none of you follow in my example because you don't know how good you got it till its gone. -FUBAR
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:44 am

Why was Grymestone's moderator taken away for that short time?

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks for bringing up Grymestone. You see, it was an issue with trust. If we couldn't trust someone to respect one wish of not attacking us, we weren't sure if we could trust him with moderation at the time, seeing as trust is the core principal to why we give people ranks. Furthermore It's more proof that we didn't just ban Fubar for what happened on minecraft, because if that where the case Grymestone would be banned as well. Grymestone's Not banned, and he's a moderator again! He was even one of the people who elected to nuke as in minecraft, and one of the nukes launched was his. However, he actually cared and was even apologetic.

FUBAR PAYTON wrote:
Guy this is the true story and this is something i think your all grown up to understand if i don't get unbanned everyone i had a good time and hope none of you follow in my example because you don't know how good you got it till its gone. -FUBAR        

Thanks for being mature about this Fubar.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:07 am

Judge me or not but what does "Nuke" Mean in the context you are using it in?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 pm

Sorry, this forum post was written under the assumption that you had read the other forum post that Baracus made, however Baracus changed his opinion of the whole thing and changed the forum post, removing the explanation of the event.
Fubar invited us to a modded minecraft server that had nukes. Fubar and Grymestone launch ICBMs at the base that Steiner, Sloan, Bear, Nightmare and I had all been working on for three days.
Back to top Go down
Alturaus

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 pm

you play minecraft?Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:21 pm

We even had a minecraft sever at one point.

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Isn''t there like, a missile defense system in Infamy? You guys should have had a few prepped in case they decided to nuke you, which they did.
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:07 pm

", play fairy,"
wat

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feystrom
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:37 pm

It was technically was not a Frostburnt server
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The real truth about why we banned Fubar.    Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:22 pm

Tellis it doesn't really matter... we didn't know anything about infamy at the time, we just wanted to go to the moon. There's really no need gettting caught up the minecraft thing. Like I said if we wanted to ban people for nuking us in minecraft we woulf of banned grymestone - who is currently a moderator if you read the other posts. I guess I was being to wishful when I assumed people would have the common judgement to make that simple connection. I guess I was wrong.
Back to top Go down

The real truth about why we banned Fubar.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1