HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Public Fruit Plants And Miners.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 am

It has come to my attention that the number of people putting down "Public" miners, supersonic miners, and fruit plants has increased. They will set up props that the melons fall into and collect for people to eat, along with orange plants growing many oranges. And they will also set up an excessive number of sonic miners that are "Public".

Each of these items produces an entity, in the form of food or resources. And each one adds to the servers total entity count. The more of these there are, the worse the server performance gets. The issue with plants is that they just fall together and against props and sit there colliding against one other. While miners spit out hundreds of resources each minute. These plants are usually a way to get players to look at a group of venders or buy a product and the miners are generally at the edge of a map where the owner can keep collecting the resources when they feel up to it while avoiding being raided due to it being "public".

I am getting tired of getting on due to several reports of low server performance only to find its the fault of un-kept miners and plants. You will be required to keep up with them from now on or there Will be Consequences. From now on if you want to give people free food, you will actually have to Interact with your customers. Offer them food with a purchase or just go around offering free food. No more wandering across the map while your plants collect hordes of melons. Your plants may be removed, and you may be kicked from the server for knowingly harming the performance. Supersonic miners that are labeled "Public" to avoid raiding while the owner just soaks up the resources may be removed, and the owner may be kicked or otherwise punished.

We will also be cracking down even more so on players who farm melons and other resources in private, if they wish to farm then they need to actively clean up after their plants in order to keep performance up.

Its about time this issue gets resolved as it has been a daily endeavor for me and fellow staff. The plants and miners are your responsibility to keep up with, not ours. You have been warned. Feel free to let other players know so that they don't encounter problems with the staff. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thanks,

Brig.

Last edited by Brigadier General Bacon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echiarenza
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:15 pm

How would punishing players that aren't interacting with other players by asking that there are free public melons help with the server performance...
It's public, so the melons would be consumed once it's visible to ANYONE.
The only problem is the players who are regenerating melons in Private, and not keeping them in bulks or in their storages, which obviouslycausing the server performance to go downhill if it is not kept. This also applies to the miners.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Echiarenza wrote:
How would punishing players that aren't interacting with other players by asking that there are free public melons help with the server performance...
The only problem is the players who are regenerating melons in Private, and not keeping them in bulks or in their storages, which obviouslycausing the server performance to go downhill if it is not kept. This also applies to the miners.

You seem to be missing the entire point, people are abusing the concept of having a "Public" Equipment in a "Public" base is being abused and warped to allow players to have unraidable bases. Not only that, but when these "PUBLIC" Centers are left unattended and the no one touches the spawned resources, they grow in size, and the server dies. It's an issue, and we're not ASKING for it to be resolved, we're TELLING you to stop.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:12 pm

I would honestly allow maybe max 2-3 melon plants because the problem really got serious when people would set up 10 plants, all of which were "public". I remember someone from Fruit Co having like, 10 melon plants set up to drop food constantly and about 5-7 orange plants next to it.
And if you have to hand food out, people would still put the same amount of plants in a locked room, only to come back every once in awhile to pick them up and still causing lag.

Personally don't kick or remove public plants but allow a maximum amount of them, any more and the plants will be removed with no questions asked. Add that into the rule so its public knowledge.

On the subject of Miners though, I suggest letting them be raidable and doesn't matter if its "Public" or not. Its generating free resources, mainly for the person who set it up so letting it be unraidable is a little much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 pm

lol then people could troll by putting it in town and "bait" or something or other..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:32 pm

neo_child wrote:
I would honestly allow maybe max 2-3 melon plants because the problem really got serious when people would set up 10 plants, all of which were "public". I remember someone from Fruit Co having like, 10 melon plants set up to drop food constantly and about 5-7 orange plants next to it.
And if you have to hand food out, people would still put the same amount of plants in a locked room, only to come back every once in awhile to pick them up and still causing lag.

Personally don't kick or remove public plants but allow a maximum amount of them, any more and the plants will be removed with no questions asked. Add that into the rule so its public knowledge.

On the subject of Miners though, I suggest letting them be raidable and doesn't matter if its "Public" or not. Its generating free resources, mainly for the person who set it up so letting it be unraidable is a little much.

This is a decent proposition, I enjoy the idea and will see about working upon it to have a formidable plan to fix this "Public Center" issue. Perhaps have a limit on how much produce a given plant can put out before reaching a cap. Good thinking Neo_Child.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:08 pm

Gnomp wrote:
neo_child wrote:

This is a decent proposition, I enjoy the idea and will see about working upon it to have a formidable plan to fix this "Public Center" issue. Perhaps have a limit on how much produce a given plant can put out before reaching a cap. Good thinking Neo_Child.

yeee, we've been already working on that, or at least trying to get someone *COUGH* too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:31 pm

I have added to the post to include private farming as it is also a problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echiarenza
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:58 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Echiarenza wrote:

You seem to be missing the entire point, people are abusing the concept of having a "Public" Equipment in a "Public" base is being abused and warped to allow players to have unraidable bases. Not only that, but when these "PUBLIC" Centers are left unattended and the no one touches the spawned resources, they grow in size, and the server dies. It's an issue, and we're not ASKING for it to be resolved, we're TELLING you to stop.

I was thinking about watermelons/miners that are placed in or right next to town but k.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Sounds like the rules changed that anything valuable in a base/area is raidable, EX: Miners plants / grubs

Its good to see these small issues get addressed, but does anyone know if the lag is serverside or client-side?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:45 pm

What I just added today should help alleviate this problem and provide a good compromise for everything.

Wiki Changelog wrote:

Spoiler:

With this change, if you tend to your plants regularly you will potentially make twice the amount of melons as you do now.
Also, I don't think anyone minds the current melons weighing less.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: Public Fruit Plants And Miners.   Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:58 pm

Praise Lord Bizzclaw
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Public Fruit Plants And Miners.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1