HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gamerchef

PostSubject: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:59 pm

I keep damaging enemies during a event, but there's always that one dude that manages to kill the enemy I'm fighting, then takes that baddies shit. I only got one briefcase during the whole 2 hour event (Although I did get some microfusion cells from a fellow Paladin), but still I think there should be another way on how loot drops work. You're 90% damaging the bad guy, and one dude does the last 10% and gets the loot. Kinda fuckin bullshit if ya ask me and how I'm still wasting ammunition on anything but killing conglo's with my brothers and sisters. That's the only thing I like about all of this. Pls do somethin bout dis.

Also glasses wearable idea? I'm making a character who's a scientist and I think glasses would look great on him. I'm shit wit PAC and don't know how to do that shit, so maybe?!?!?!?!

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Code:

local damagers = table.Copy(self.Damagers) -- All the people who have damaged the NPC
   if self.Damagers then
      for k, v in pairs(damagers) do
         if v.time + 300 < CurTime() then
            table.remove(damagers,k) -- Remove anyone who hasn't damaged the NPC in the last five minutes.
         end
      end
      table.SortByMember(damagers,damage,true) -- Move the player who's done the most damage to the top of the table.
      if damagers[1] and IsValid(damagers[1].playerent) then
         rewardedply = damagers[1].playerent -- select the player at the top of the table as the person who gets the loot.
      end
   end
Read the comments, aka, everything after "--"

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:46 pm

You are sorely mistaken, there must be some kind of misunderstanding here, the loot drop system is coded to have priority for players who have done the MOST damage to the NPC. You frankly, probably didn't get to the case in time. As for glasses, that IS what PAC is for, we won't add a single item for someone who simply doesn't want to learn how to use an extremely simple program/addon.

Everything here is nill and silly. I'm sorry.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:35 pm

I dunno, I have the same problem as Gamerchef, I remember that who ever does the most dmg gets the case but for some reason it stopped working like a week ago.

Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Comrade Veteran Chernov wrote:
I dunno, I have the same problem as Gamerchef, I remember that who ever does the most dmg gets the case but for some reason it stopped working like a week ago.

James even posted the code here in the Thread. I'll bring it up with him to see if there really is an existing Bug that causes the system to break. I can personally see several ways it might have broken. Although, I do think that these are simply rare occurrences and can be dismissed.

I will get back to you with a probably definite answer, It is probably just a flaw in the code.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:53 pm

Keep in mind, sometimes the position of the NPC is not synchronized to your client instantly, this may lead to you perceiving to damage an NPC despite not actually damaging it. (visible blood splurt, ect)
Keep an eye on their health bar to confirm damage. Also, like the code mentions, if you got the case despite the NPC having low health when you attack it, it's possible the person who did more damage attacked the NPC more than five minutes ago.

Regardless, there are some NPCs which have such low health, that someone could get them down to an extremely low HP level before they get killed by someone else using something like, say, a Barret. This is because the damage system accounts for damage dealt rather than health lost, however, I'm just going to switch this simply to avoid confusion.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:03 pm

There was a simple flaw in the system that is being corrected, it involved the base "Player Case Priority" Prioritizing players who had done more DAMAGE versus players that had subtracted more HP from NPCs

In short, this is a simple, easy correction that can be made to hopefully solve the occurring issue of players not getting the cases. However, keep in mind that you may have simply not done enough damage in a given time. I feel it's safe to assume the majority of places this issue takes place is during Conglomerate Insertions, if this is the case, it is simply a misunderstanding, as you are not doing enough damage versus the other ten or more players at the same location shooting at the same NPCS

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm

I can confirm that this happens, yesterday I barreted a bunch of conglo in the face when they were low, and still got the cases and exp.
Back to top Go down
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Yummy wrote:
I can confirm that this happens, yesterday I barreted a bunch of conglo in the face when they were low, and still got the cases and exp.

The fix we're adding to the system will stop this issue from occurring, reference my earlier post for a detailed explanation.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: suitcase bug   Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:58 am

the person who does the majority of the damage to an enemy no longer gets the kill necessarily, if anyone is in doubt find any naturally spawned raider and test this. Or if an Admin would like to test, spawn any suitcase dropping mob, punch it down to the lowest hp, and let someone finish it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:23 am

Its been talked about a lot already Bruce. Many people claim the same thing but Bizz came out with the code for the loot and said nothing is wrong.

Bizzclaw wrote:
Code:

local damagers = table.Copy(self.Damagers) -- All the people who have damaged the NPC
 if self.Damagers then
 for k, v in pairs(damagers) do
 if v.time + 300 < CurTime() then
 table.remove(damagers,k) -- Remove anyone who hasn't damaged the NPC in the last five minutes.
 end
 end
 table.SortByMember(damagers,damage,true) -- Move the player who's done the most damage to the top of the table.
 if damagers[1] and IsValid(damagers[1].playerent) then
 rewardedply = damagers[1].playerent -- select the player at the top of the table as the person who gets the loot.
 end
 end
Read the comments, aka, everything after "--"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:33 am

I dunno though, I've had instances where I've shot the shit out of a guard to past half hp, and then someone finished it off and I got no loot.

neo_child

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:39 am

Chess wrote:
I dunno though, I've had instances where I've shot the shit out of a guard to past half hp, and then someone finished it off and I got no loot.

Exactly. I've had this happen so many times but the code seems solid and its just random why it happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:01 pm

I've merged this with the already existing thread on the matter.

Well, gmod did update lately, it's possible that I may need to make some changes to a system that used to work fine, but no longer does.  I'll do some testing tonight.

This wouldn't be the first time something I've coded months ago and has been working perfectly for a very long time suddenly broke for no reason. About a month ago I found out that my NPCs were seeing through walls across the map and ignoring the line of sight system, which had been established over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: Re: Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/   Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:07 pm

Again this isn't hard to test just takes 2 people, it happens in every circumstance ive tested and with every weapon and every weapon combo I've tested
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Loot drop + Glasses? Suggestion /thread/
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1