HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renderix

PostSubject: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Ingame Name: Mathew Korms

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:55227114

Have you donated?: No, I have been considering it for a while.

Where are you from/timezone?: (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

How long have you played?: On the server, roughly four months. On garry's mod, very close to 2k hours

How did you hear about FF?: I haven't. I was bored one day and went through my garry's mod gamemode list, and this one particularly interested me, so I had joined. It had been a good choice.

How old are you?: 14 years old (if this question has to do with maturity or pitch of voice, I can be mature when required, and my voice is rather deep

Do you know any of our moderators/admins?: Mr. Chacon, Folding Freeman, Johann Liebert, Coront, Fade, RadioactivePanda, Kayla Viola (Grats), George, and Warandally

Have you played on any of our other servers?: No. I wasn't aware this community had other servers currently

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why?: As far as I know, maybe one or two kicks, not a ban coming from my memory

Why you wish to be Moderator: I have been with this community for a while now. I have enjoyed the good moments and the bad moments. I have been with this community for the past 3-4 months with it's seemingly neverending ups and downs, it's twists and turns. I notice a lack of staff active on the server (Not necessarily the teamspeak). I love the time I have spent and will spend with this community, try to keep out of trouble and keep friendships.I wish to be more than a part of it's community. I wish to join the staff team.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: I'm pretty chill most of the time, I can be understanding, I can joke around, be a pretty calm and collected guy. I can reason with people, make sense of a situation, and use logic in daily converstaion or a serious argument. I take my time to work through issues. I can defuse an argument and try to make it civil. I request help and offer help when I need it or need to give it. I can be there for assistance when things get hard, All you would have to do is ask.

Anything else you want to add: I have been staff on two other servers before. Vengeance Gaming and Overkill Gaming. These servers actually used the same administrative scripts this server uses, such as !plogs. I had been super admin inheritedly on Overkill Gaming, but never really stuck with it for too long. I grew bored and tiresome

I hope you take consideration into my application. I really wish to be more than just another player. I wish to be that one staff member everybody can be friends with.

Last edited by Renderix on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:37 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm

In my opinion here, 4 months is too little time. And more words on Why you wish, and what can you offer. This is just my thoughts fyi. Smile For now, it'll be neutral from me.

[i]"I've been asked, how our story ends. But how can it. How can we possible find resolution after so much has happened. The war is over, but the fires , burn on and in time, our voyage will become history and our action will become a legend. The chapters, that we have written are part of a greater act. As we depart our separate ways, we return to friends and to family. We would return home. The sun rises, welcoming us as a new day begins. But victory is not achieved without sacrifice. We leave behind wreathes of our journey. They were lost, so that we may prevail. Yet, even as we lose all else, we retain hope, that our sacrifice were for a purpose. And that others will live on to remember them. The stories continue is because... it is the combination of many. Every character gives and takes of them. It help shape and change it. The choices we make we ensure it's immortality. Our adventure maybe over, but our stories live on through everyone we shared with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:47 pm

I can't really think of anything more than my most recent edit.
If this application does not fit your standards, I understand, and thank you for your consideration regardless (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheVokak
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:21 pm

Four months is way too little of a time frame. And As Mr. Chacon Once Said:

Mr. Chacon wrote:
-1 do to the fact he set off two nukes in town in one day, i had people all over me that day because of it. and mind you he did it (twice). at the moment you don't have me support maybe in time but not now.

Really though, in all seriousness I would say -1 Support because of his very shot time here on the server.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:01 am

TheVokak wrote:

Four months is way too little of a time frame. And As Mr. Chacon Once Said:

Mr. Chacon wrote:
-1 do to the fact he set off two nukes in town in one day, i had people all over me that day because of it. and mind you he did it (twice). at the moment you don't have me support maybe in time but not now.

Really though, in all seriousness I would say -1 Support because of his very shot time here on the server.

Why did you bring that quote in here? It's not relevant, that was in a Mike Nespo mod app.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:50 am

Reading the yellow hurts my eyes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:44 am

If you get a little bit more time I am sure you can get moderator I am going to stay neutral here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:27 am

WOWIE, I LOVE HOW SUPPORTING YOU'VE ALL BEEN, GOOD SHIT, GOOD SHIT SUPER MATURE, SUPER WONDERFUL. AMAZING, GOOD SHIT RIGHT THERE.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:26 am

Why so much color. And why the "and most of all radioactivepanda" comment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:56 am

The color is because why not. And I spend more time and get more help from panda than anyone else really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:54 am

It's much better now at least. Anyways, back on track, I don't see how four months is too short of a time. At least this application is more than just a sentence per question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:06 am

Meh, I'm gonna remain neutral on this one. While I do agree that 4 months is somewhat quick compared to some of our other staff, it might be nice to give him a chance to see how he does, but in terms of my conclusive decision: i dont have one.

RadioactivePanda
1000th User!

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am

+1 Can be mature when needs to be and knows the rules, plus I think 4 months is fine. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.15.21:21045/
Walkingkiller

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:57 pm

+1 Took time to make his APP stand out by adding a bit of colour (Although it was hard to read at first, he fixed it) and with what Panda said, he can be serious when he needs to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:01 pm

I say we give him a chance. These 6 month requirements are disheartening to players who just want to help. +1 to you my man, never had a staff issue with you and you've never caused any trouble with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:48 pm

[Denied]

Sorry, but you're not the right type for moderator. You're very argument prone, and I very much noticed your change in attitude towards me/the rest of the staff shortly after you first brought up that you "might want to become a mod" a few days before you made the application.

Perhaps things will change in the future, but for now, I'm going to have to say no.

The fact that you've been here for only 4 months doesn't matter, and I don't know where anybody is getting this "6 month requirement" thing from, usually a month or two is fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:15 pm

Coront wrote:
[Denied]

Sorry, but you're not the right type for moderator. You're very argument prone, and I very much noticed your change in attitude towards me/the rest of the staff shortly after you first brought up that you "might want to become a mod" a few days before you made the application.

Perhaps things will change in the future, but for now, I'm going to have to say no.

The fact that you've been here for only 4 months doesn't matter, and I don't know where anybody is getting this "6 month requirement" thing from, usually a month or two is fine.

I'm really argument prone yes, but that's mainly when people talk right over me on teamspeak, as I'm speaking, or when I'm talking about my opinion on something and they're basically saying "No, you're fucking wrong". If you really don't like how I've been acting recently you could just say to me "Chill the fuck out" or something along those lines. I appreciate that you brought this to my attention, regardless that you have already denied it. I appreciate the people that had taken my application into consideration and I hope you find a change in heart for how I act. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:50 am

Korms, you do have to understand that sometimes when people speak, there might be a very slight lag when it comes to VoIPs.

An example is whenever I speak, people would hear me a second later and sometimes I would cut people off by accident due to this. Also, its better to stop the person there if they're making an incorrect assumption rather than letting him go off on a whole rant, which you do regularly, about said assumption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:04 am

The fact you are argument prone in almost every situation is showcased by your response here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:02 pm

I just don't like it when people don't let me finish what I'm saying, that's all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]   Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:01 am

And again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Moderator Application [Mathew Korms]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1