HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 pm

I've been thinking about this for quite a while. The key concept is simple, but quite extensive. Essentially what we do is we make a timeline of all the important lore shit that's happened in the Postnuke server. Like when important factions were created, the various wars that were fought and who won them, when important factions died out... Stuff like that.

It'll work like this.

shitty timeline example:

Lil' bit 'bout me:

So anyone who has a firm grasp on events before April of 2013, and recent events can help. I'm currently working on what I know from my time in the 117th Legion and before that. If anyone else has ideas for this little project just say it here. If anyone wants to take over this, that's fine with me too.

As a side note, I'm actually ashamed that I didn't start this earlier. My memory on things has faded quite significantly, and I'm having a hard time piecing things together. I'm thankful for the forums, they've pieced my memories back together.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheVokak
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:27 pm

This is a great idea, and I would contribute as I do know quite a few events, but I only started in October of 2013, and was not active for a large part of 2014, and for the events in Postnuke that I do know, I cannot remember the date. If I do remember anything I will be sure to pitch in!

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 pm

I can supply you with just about anything you need to know regarding this past year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:44 pm

I could get my old friends like tbtemplex to help, but I do remember most of 2013
Back to top Go down
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Excellent, thanks for the support. I'll get to contacting all of you guys as soon as I finish up my part of the timeline.

Are we going to talk this out over on the TS, on a Steam group chat or forums? Need a way to get messages across quickly and clearly. I can get on the TS anytime it's needed. By day or by night. I live on the west coast FYI.

But just gonna let you guys know if we do TS, I probably won't be able to talk. My microphone is kinda broken, my fixes are only temporary and aren't 100% effective. Working on getting a new one atm.

Just to clarify, the timeline is on google docs. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to implement it into the forums, if I can at all.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:03 pm

I actually did something similar for the UAR. Feel free to implement these events into the timeline.

I've also been working on writing down the events of the great war of 2014, which was Sparta/CELL Vs. BoS/Whiteclaw/Fubar (Basically all the super powers around at that time for anyone that doesn't know)

Note: The years for it is in Postnuke lore time, so 2514 is 2014, 2515 is 2015, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hgspxF5AYzgiqwT_LEOle4oAzeqJm8heN-GYRPbwaDY/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by Coront on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:08 pm

My timeline is a bit harder to put into context, but it's pretty basic.

See it for yourself I guess - https://docs.google.com/document/d/14yZ0Lh_8PTqTfUeLLkFEipZ51Tt68uimRWErmVQh43o/edit?usp=sharing

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:30 pm

uh oh, I smell bias

Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 pm

One thing we need to do however, is have somebody who didn't participate in these wars account for what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:37 pm

There's going to be some bias, my FOV is restricted to whatever the 117th Legion has decided to feed me. And whenever I get called up to war, my friends may or may not have given me their own biased view points. Too lazy to ask around. Maybe I'll do some interviewing over the weekend.

But I dunno.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:55 pm

I'll put it in the words of fubar

"BEANS NIGGA BEANS"!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:56 pm

What was that whole "Bean War" thing really about anyways? According to the threads put up during that time period it was over a single can of beans.

I can't possibly believe it was over a single can of beans.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:08 pm

Ok: So bean war: It wasn't a singular can of beans, but rather a large amount of beans (say, like 25ish). This was around the time Immortal 50 was doing it's whole "Project N00B" thing. Some of my guys attacked FUBAR after he stole the beans being given to a new player, and ended up killing him. An ally of ours who won't be mentioned defibbed FUBAR accidentally, sparking the war. The first few hours Golden Cross was admittedly beating us down, but later that night and on until the end day, the Immortal 50 was hashing out some pretty good damage on Sparta and The Golden Cross. Sparta placed their stockpile down right at the end, and that basically ended that war. FUBAR was banned again shortly after along with Rev. Immortal 50 then disbanded, as one of their main purposes was to protect the wasteland from a faction seen as "opressive/evil" by the general populous, which everybody did fear the return of Sparta in the summer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Circle
2015 Halloween Profile Pic Contest Winner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:09 pm

Don't forget the Western Chapter my man (they were on the side of Sparta and Golden Cross)

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Warandally wrote:
Ok: So bean war: It wasn't a singular can of beans, but rather a large amount of beans (say, like 25ish). This was around the time Immortal 50 was doing it's whole "Project N00B" thing. Some of my guys attacked FUBAR after he stole the beans being given to a new player, and ended up killing him. An ally of ours who won't be mentioned defibbed FUBAR accidentally, sparking the war. The first few hours Golden Cross was admittedly beating us down, but later that night and on until the end day, the Immortal 50 was hashing out some pretty good damage on Sparta and The Golden Cross. Sparta placed their stockpile down right at the end, and that basically ended that war. FUBAR was banned again shortly after along with Rev. Immortal 50 then disbanded, as one of their main purposes was to protect the wasteland from a faction seen as "opressive/evil" by the general populous, which everybody did fear the return of Sparta in the summer.

What ended the war was a expiration after two days, Eastern didn't help at first don't believe they joined in for fear of being attacked and being neutral. What was ironic was one of our own defibbed him (i50). i50 disbanded for another reason which was not the war. The war lasted 2 days which took place between Mojave all the way to Atomic. Both sides fought well but again clashed in the future what we call the "The Hit War..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 pm

So as a question, how was the Spartan Wehrmacht seen as oppressive? I don't really remember doing anything evil.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:28 pm

I joined frostbrunt (Accel gaming at the time) around 5 days after the server first went up, if you ever need to know anything that happened in the server till the point I retired I could always hop on the teamspeak. I've seen a lot of shit through the years I was here, and one thing I can say about Fuabr is admins didn't truly know what fear was till they got the "HELLLPPP FUBAR JUST RDMED ME" call

Also I might mention, the forums has a chat box if you guys wanna use that, anyone will be able to post and add info from there as well.

Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:38 am

Tactical Bacon wrote:

It'll work like this.

shitty timeline example:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Mushroom wrote:
I joined frostbrunt (Accel gaming at the time) around 5 days after the server first went up, if you ever need to know anything that happened in the server till the point I retired I could always hop on the teamspeak. I've seen a lot of shit through the years I was here, and one thing I can say about Fuabr is admins didn't truly know what fear was till they got the "HELLLPPP FUBAR JUST RDMED ME" call

I'll probably just contact you on Steam.

As for everyone else (except for Ameno you filthy jewish Bolshevik bastard), I'll add ya'll on Steam over the weekend and talk about this stuff. If need be I can get on the teamspeak.

If we are going to do a meet in the TS I suggest we set the date so we can cross-reference sources and help each other out with whatever it is we might need. I'm down for anytime from Friday to Sunday. I can get on at anytime during those days.

Never pet a burning dog.

Last edited by Tactical Bacon on Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Uh how about like 1/29/13 at 4-5 east coast
Back to top Go down
TheVokak
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Yummy wrote:
Uh how about like 1/29/13 at 4-5 east coast

we cant time travel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:38 pm

Gonna need to push that date about three years later and probably 6-7 eastern standard time there chief.
I'm west coast, and it takes me a lil' bit to get home after school (ends at like 5:30 PM for you east coast dudes out there).

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:49 pm

I can help bekkin, though I fell out of contact with most of F:F after a while.

I cant remember when the GC was created but I do remember the wars as well as Dave the Settlement RP builder as well as Box

Ive got some Admin situations remembered too (as well as that time me you and chris maverick raided alaksa and threw donuts around his house)

im pretty sure its only the RP tings you want though.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:45 pm

i havent been involved with any faction(besides the crimson guard, but lets not get into that) so when you need 2516 lore on the timeline, im your guy, i think

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:46 pm

/req closed I think bacon doesnt care anymore atm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone intrested in making an offical timeline for the Postnuke server?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: