HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HipsterGoat

PostSubject: [Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]   Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:46 pm

Server: [Frostburnt] Fallout: Decay -Primary|Roleplay
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:51922448
RP Name: Torrasque
Date of Incident: 30/01/16
Time of Incident: 21:57
Time Zone: UTC+10:00

I had made an alternative character named Torrasque for scavenging, with scamming others also in mind. i had offered a player (i cant remember the name) an enclave recon suit blueprint. the player offered me 1.5k of each resource and i accepted the trade. he was suspicious if i would scam so he gave me 700 of each resource with intention that i would give the blueprint and then after transfer the other 800 of each. i disconnected without giving the armor and then was perma-banned by Crystal Bailey. Her reason for banning me i feel is unfair as it is written that i combat logged. i was not in a battle, but simply talking to this person who wanted the blueprint. i later read the rules and discovered that while scamming is allowed, if the resource equivalent that is stolen exceeds 1000 if each, the player cannot leave for 30 minutes, or will face consequences. the rules are unclear what the consequences are if the player steals less than 1000 of each, seeing i only stole 700 of each.

if there is any more information needed, i will do my best to provide such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:14 am

Hello Hipster Goat, I'd like to take the time to respond to your concerns with the obvious: You logged out when the rules clearly state that you shall not leave for thirty minutes after scamming another player.

This, coupled with the fact that you willingly read the rules and acknowledged the previous reasoning only goes to show that you KNOW why you were punished.

The ban is permanent, I do not agree with this, and I will make a mention of it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HipsterGoat

PostSubject: Re: [Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:19 am

Hi Gnomp, yes im aware why i was punished. i could try to apologize and kiss some asses, but in the end the outcome will be the same.

Because ive been playing on this server day after day since i've discovered it, i would appreciate the ban to be as short as possible, but i understand if that is not the case.

PostSubject: Re: [Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:23 am

I'll reduce your ban to a week, don't do this again.

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]   Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:24 am

HipsterGoat wrote:
Hi Gnomp, yes im aware why i was punished. i could try to apologize and kiss some asses, but in the end the outcome will be the same.

Because ive been playing on this server day after day since i've discovered it, i would appreciate the ban to be as short as possible, but i understand if that is not the case.

As I've said, I know that the ban is... Infinite, and I honestly find that silly. I believe, at max, that a felony of this minute stature should only be punished with a ban length of a day.

I will consult other staff to correct this "Error", and I wish that you would be so polite as to read -all- of the rules in the mean time as to eliminate the chance of another misunderstanding.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Shortened] Removal of ban HipsterGoat [Shortened]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1