HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:16 pm

In-game Name:

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9204571

Have you donated: Perma donator

Where are you from/time zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5)

How long have you played: 3 years and counting

How did you hear about FF: server hopping originally

How old are you: 23

Do you have a microphone: yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: I know pretty much all major staff members, been here longer than some of them as matter of fact

Have you played on any of our other servers: played the PNRP, the minecraft server, the space engineers server,

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why? Yes I have, mostly for misunderstanding how murder rules worked (apparently couldn't kill such or such guy even if i thought my reason was valid) and disrespecting some staff when i thought i was being given worse treatment then thought necessary

Why you wish to be Moderator: Because I'm looking to fill up some time slots i have in my schedule as well as I've been playing this server for more than enough time to warrant being given a shot at moderator position

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: a very "By the books" staff. I'd be going on the server with the rules page open on my browser, waiting up for calls. I like to think i have decent judgement of character when it comes to seizing people, meaning that I can pick up when bullshit is being spouted, for some reason, i know when people lie, always been able to tell. I can offer decent amount of time during midweek daytime, but not so much during prime time during weekends due to most of the player base being on GMT-8 and occupying all slots on the server by 8 pm my time. When in doubt, i always point upwards to the next staff I think can help me figure out how to handle situations. I'm not afraid to ask questions. I'm not a rules lawyer, meaning im not going to try to bend the rules in favor or against people for any reasons, friend or not, it doesnt matter in front of the rules, the rules enforcer has to make the proper call, even when that call asks to ban a friend, think Judge Dredd

Anything else you want to add: THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 pm

I'd throw a +1 your way if you started getting a bit more active on the server, as I haven't seen you on in a few months. So neutral for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 pm

same for what Waran said. Get back on more Jeff then maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 am

the reason im throwing this mod app is because i want a reason to get on the server. I just haven't been able to find a reason to play since because everything i do, someone already does it better and i don't want to get killed because of the stupid vendor rule

i just checked the rules again, and apparently its not in the written rules

Code:
Vending machines

You are able to build vending machines that allow you to sell most items at a price you can specify. These vending machines can be placed anywhere on the map, but there are some regulations.

Vending machines cannot be within 50 meters of a spawn point, vending machines violating this rule may be "moved".
If you put a vending machine in someone else's property without permission, it will be "moved".
You can only place items in the vending machine that you actually intend to sell. You are not permitted to use the vending machine to store items, IE, Put oranges  in the machine and try to sell it for 1000 of each resource.

the rule about the 20 PHX plates either needs to be added to these rules or stopped being enforced

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Jeff the last time we spoke you preached for 30 minutes about how James doesn't like his player base, how all staff were shit and you don't respect any of them. So why are you still here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Vendor rules are infact a thing and if they were changed without confering the CSCs and owners then theres an issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:28 pm

ahugeabruceofpower wrote:
Jeff the last time we spoke you preached for 30 minutes about how James doesn't like his player base, how all staff were shit and you don't respect any of them.  So why are you still here?

I have NOT SAID ANY SUCH FUCKING THING. Most staff are my friends, whoever is spreading such obvious lies should show up and confess.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD I SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT THE ONLY PEOPLE I HAVE CONTACT WITH AT ALL?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Look, Jeff. I don't mean to bash you at all, I'm giving you criticism. In your bio, you state that staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you. So, by not playing on the server, aren't you effectively in your own "echo chamber" when it comes to see how the player base can react to staff and each other. You need to know as many players and staff as you can, they are your most trusted people and you need to get along well with them. You need to walk through town and know who's who and what the tensions are and what's going on at the time. Not connecting to the server for 2 months will not give you this advantage you need to effectively work as a staff member. Again, I'm not bashing you, I'm telling you how to better your chances of getting accepted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
i just checked the rules again, and apparently its not in the written rules

Code:
Vending machines

You are able to build vending machines that allow you to sell most items at a price you can specify. These vending machines can be placed anywhere on the map, but there are some regulations.

Vending machines cannot be within 50 meters of a spawn point, vending machines violating this rule may be "moved".
If you put a vending machine in someone else's property without permission, it will be "moved".
You can only place items in the vending machine that you actually intend to sell. You are not permitted to use the vending machine to store items, IE, Put oranges  in the machine and try to sell it for 1000 of each resource.

the rule about the 20 PHX plates either needs to be added to these rules or stopped being enforced

Actually, it is in the rules, under the Placing Hits section of Murder

Also, I'm sorry, but if you want a chance at getting the mod position, you'll need to play more beforehand. I understand you want a reason to play again, but the playerbase has changed a decent bit since you last played, and there's a bunch of new staff members. Waran said it best, you need to know who's who and what their whole deal is so you can effectively work as a staff member.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:42 pm

I agree with waran and coront. You have not been on the server in ages, if you expect to become mod, you need to start playing again.

Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Jeff bb, Corant said the truth. You gotta be active with the playerbase to understand how to deal with them when sits arise, you can't cookie cutter the sits as well as you think. The situations will be similar, but player reactions vary differently. And knowing the people can help a lot.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 pm

couldnt agree more with what chess just said... ask me and freeman about the one huge sit we had to handle that some of the lower staff had to give to us to figure it out... and it took the both of us....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:21 pm

You guys know well I don't like meeting new people unless they are friends of people I already know and that a lot of new players first reaction to me is to think im mean and my things are expensive and I dont like new players, which is relatively true according to the degree of annoyingness of that person

I'm looking for a reason to get on and I have none and am given none. I want to have a goal, i dont like having no set goal in games and RPing is not something I force myself to go do, i let it come to me and react to it

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Well becoming staff means you'd have to interact with people who you don't know. And I generally get on just to staff at this point, my rp skills are shit along with the fact I act kinda edgy does not help. But I'm used to it.

Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:22 pm

1: You have made statements several times about how you dont play anymore and that you dont because its cancer. 
2: You hate any situation that lasts a long time. This leads me to believe that you will not give both parties a fair chance to voice their sides and give proof as this can take hours or even days. 
3: You dislike new players. Our player base is replaced by about 50-60% with new players every 3-4 months. 
4: I am the type of admin who sits alone in a room woth rulebreakers and talkes to them for 3 hours because no one else wants to deal with them. Doing so gives me important information on what rules are broken. Why they did it. How they feel about the server and rules. And a general idea of how players feel and act. So the last thing I want or need right now is yet another staff member who is only interested in staff powers to be used as some form of entertainment. Not listening to the players at all. Blaming them for everything. And ultimately banning then without properly understanding what happened or why they did what they did. Doing these things will never get us anywhere as a community and I am tired of seeing impacient people being hired as staff and then just banning all new players. This is not solely directed at you so please do not feel that way. But I do feel that hiring you would just add yet another member who doesnt actually care about the players. But rather themselves and their own gain. 

I will have to say no to this app. As we dont feel you have the stability nore patience to deal with players and staff situations. 

Denied. 

Brig. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Moderator application: Jeff Belinger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1