PostSubject: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:01 am

Server: [Frostburnt] Fallout: Decay - Primary | Roleplay

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:24927389

Your RP Name: Rinzler

Date of incident: 11/02/16

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 23:39

Time Zone: UTC-6:00

Length of Ban: 10080 minutes (1 week)

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: I was walking along alone scavenging and I come across a lime colored car, not unusual for there are many cars on the map to collect scrap from. I have collected from the car five or six times when someone comes up next to me and starts to collect from it. I decided not to bother sincei t's just scrap I don't need it enough to try to kill someone. We finish collecting the car and spot a chemical barrel down a ways off in the desert with a Gecko nearby. We reach the barrel at the exact same time collecting from it. Since we reached the barrel at the same time neither of us told each other to back off. The Gecko got close enough to become aggravated and attacked the other player. While he was being attacked I figured we both have good armor and super sledges he will be fine. So I picked up the makeshift medkit and sensor pod that I got from the barrel and he kills the gecko and takes the hide. I spin around looking for something to kill/loot and spot a Giant Ant in the distance. I run towards it to kill it and I do and the other player is standing still by the ant corpse so I continue on to town to sit by a fire and rest. Suddenly I'm being shot in the back down to 5 health with a pulse rifle with no reason for being killed or warning; I did in fact disconnect in combat to stop myself from being RDMed. Like I said earlier I was at the car first, we reached the barrel at the same time (No chat warnings were given since we were equal), and then I killed an NPC. Now if I can be killed for killing an ant in front of me please point that rule out and I will sincerly apologize for doing so. I did in fact combat log for fear of losing the little amount of gear and chems. I had, I admit to that. But the other player (never bothered to learn the name it's just another passing face) had no right to kill me, I reached the car first, I killed an ant, that isn't a valid reason to shoot someone in the back. And I will strain this again, there was NO warning and NO roleplay reason that would justify killing me. I would like the ban to be removed, or at least shortened. I did combat log, but it was to avoid losing what I own to someone who did not, at the time, think before they acted.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: I apologize I did not have time to take screenshots of me dying but I know for a fact if you look back in the console to a few minutes before I disconnected you will see him damaging me with a pulse weapon after I killed a giant ant and no chat messages from either of us for the duration of our encounter.

I understand the format
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echiarenza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:13 am

I appreciate you putting details with your appeal, honestly. I banned you RIGHT when you rejoined the server (I could of teleported you if I was aware that you rejoined, my bad). You are punished for combat logging and we've dealt with the other player who reported your act. I now think that you should have a reduced ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:13 am

I would say a vastly reduced ban. He did nothing wrong besides saving himself from an RDMer albeit in a very bad way. He could've called an admin but I guess he just panicked in the moment or he didn't know there were legitimate admins online at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:28 am

Why was combat initiated in the first place? If he isnt lieing then I dont see what he did to initiate combat.. If he is then I will increase his ban.. lets figure this out please
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:45 am

Yeah he shouldn't even be banned if the combat was invalid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:28 am

I will be conducting an investigation into this.

[Claimed]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echo

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:28 pm

neo_child is right in both cases of what he said. I disconnected because I panicked wondering what was happening and thinking their could be no staff on and that's the reason I'm being killed.

And to Price, I have no idea why combat was initiated it couldn't be over resources or kill stealing because I got to car first and we both sprinted to barrel, and I walked up and killed an ant as he watched from a ways back. I truly am sorry for disconnecting in combat but like I said, I panicked and was afraid of losing the items and chems. I grinded for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Sorry to throw you under the bus here Price, I'd already looked into this. The situation in which he attacked you isn't valid but combat logging is still against the rules. Contact staff next time if you feel you were killed or attacked invalidly.
[Accepted]

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:31 pm

Im unlocking this post. This player better be unbanned and I want the staff nember that did this to apologize publically. You expect this player to fight back? He would have been banned for "taking rules into his own hands" or sometging like that. Whichever staff messed uo expect to here from me. We have to be more professional this is a joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)   Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm

Price, you're the only one being unprofessional here. No, he wouldn't be banned for taking the rules into his own hands. The player attacked him, that is already enough bounds to fight back and you know it. You're bringing unneeded attention to an already handled ban appeal, and on top of that breaking forum rules.

We will speak about this at the staff meeting tonight.

[Locked]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Accepted]Removal of Ban (Rinzler)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1