PostSubject: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Server: Postnuke: Decay

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:13688376

Your RP Name: Kayla Viola

Date of incident: 2/13/2016

Time of incident : 22:34

Time Zone: PST

Length of Ban: 1 month

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: So I've been starting to bait people by placing down a locker in public. Later on, I thought it would be a good idea to rename the locker to "Kayla Viola's Vending Machine", after I did that, I killed a player after he pressed E on the locker, then a couple minutes later I was informed that I'm going to be banned for exploiting. I was honestly confused because I didn't really think I exploited anything, but after I was informed how I exploited, I was still kind of confused because there was a very good amount of staff members and players that were aware of what I was doing, and they either didn't know it was an exploit, or did not think it is an exploit at all, in their perspective. I didn't mean to exploit at all, I only wanted to bait and I honestly did not know that replacing a locker's name to a vending machines name, is an exploit. I questioned some staff and players to see if they think it was an exploit, and they stated that they didn't know or they're unsure, or just dis-agreed ... which is not an excuse for me, but I'm just stating. I sincerely apologize for not thinking that it would be an exploit, I just thought since staff members, that saw what I was doing, did not say anything about it being an exploit, so I continued to think it would be okay to keep "baiting", but I understand that this is my fault, and I'm sorry.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: Nope
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:58 pm

I'm going to be Neutral for now, As a staff member, you should know that it isn't allowed, I mean sure, the baiting is alright, but if u trick them by naming the locker a vending machine, that is not good.

efex03

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:09 pm

I could see both views, but you didn't really know. I know you would never exploit or let alone break a rule on purpose because you were a very very good moderator. Hopefully you get unbanned I enjoy playing with you when I see you on!

+1 pls unban!

View user profile
Walkingkiller
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:13 am

I want you to know that I see you as a friend and enjoyed playing on the server with you but I do disagree with the hostile baiting you were doing on the server as the baiting rule was lifted, and I can see how changing the name to say "Kayla Viola's Vending Machine" as being an exploit because the text is exactly the same as a vending machine and I was told you went so far as to throw an unpowered solar panel on top of it to fool people. I see these actions as the equivalent to RDM, its just some sleazy work arround of just killing people for either their loot or the sake of killing them as someone who was just looking to browse a shop was then killed because of a fake vendor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 am

Meh, -1 for obvious no no.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:16 am

Um baiting not sure why it started being allowed...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:06 am

Fade Attano wrote:

Not sure when the rules added this but according to the Exploit section under Murder rules :

"A player who is being "Baited" is fully aware that their actions may result in combat"

Otherwise, under the same section it says pretty clearly;
Quote :

• Making a raidable item look like a publicly accessible item such as a vending machine and attacking players who use it.
  • Labeling a raidable object as a public asset and attacking people who interact with it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:18 am

The baiting rule was added because it's the wasteland, you're going to get tricked AKA take the bait. This revives the hitman business and gives a real wasteland vibe. Back on track with the uban appeal. I have to say what you did should be pretty common knowledge not to do. I'm going to have to say that you should wait out your ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:15 pm

The reason I brought it up (I know not the place to do so) was because I only mostly newer players get baited so I was thinking of a rule where it says "You may attempt to bait a player once continuing to do so will be considered harassment and punishable." I understand that need for the wasteland but for people with a different play style may not find it enjoyable. Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkingkiller
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Baiting is just a workaround of RDM. You have no reason to kill them than other they're breaking into my storage... that I just so happens to look like a vendor... Even then its just dumb if you want that wasteland experience, that's what the no rules server is for. Go there if you're looking for that true experience as you can just shoot whomever you want and take their gear. I keep seeing people saying that "removing the baiting rule makes it feel more like a wasteland" If that's the case, remove the murder rules and make this the No rules server 2.0.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:32 pm

George bud the baiting rules are gone already and everything is working fine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walkingkiller
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 pm

Mkay, I just dont understand the whole "Wasteland Feel" thing people keep talking about. I just feel that baiting is a work around to RDM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 am

Walkingkiller wrote:
Mkay, I just dont understand the whole "Wasteland Feel" thing people keep talking about. I just feel that baiting is a work around to RDM.
You know how businesses "Trade" with people to fuck them in the ass. It's scamming but it's legal, they call it business. Thats how real life works, I imagine in the wasteland it would be just like that but worst sooooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
Echiarenza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:55 am

neo_child wrote:
Fade Attano wrote:

Not sure when the rules added this but according to the Exploit section under Murder rules :

"A player who is being "Baited" is fully aware that their actions may result in combat"

Otherwise, under the same section it says pretty clearly;
Quote :

• Making a raidable item look like a publicly accessible item such as a vending machine and attacking players who use it.
  • Labeling a raidable object as a public asset and attacking people who interact with it.

This was added into the murder rules the day after my ban btw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:50 pm

The vendor system was exploited. The server is doing fine without the safeland feel to it. For the first time in years people are shooting at each other instead of standing around town shaking each others private parts growing rich with no risk. Kayla I really wish you knew better before you went off and did this. This is fallout? is it not? Sometimes people get screwed over(including me). Its a game. Play it as a game. If you just want to stand around and chat and not even RP then thats what teamspeak is for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:47 pm

The only people who sit around town are usually big factions while others set up shop.

As far as Kayla goes it's baiting putting her locker as a vendor. She took advantage of the rule, it's still baiting. Also as stated that rule was put after she did the vendor thing. If anything it was baiting there's no real exploit to "baiting" I have no relation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:26 pm

It was an exploit. The fact that it looked like an unraidable item and then was named as such, AND had a solar panel on top as icing on the cake? Use your brain. Some things just are not okay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:39 pm

I take back what I said, except the part where I enjoyed playing with him. If you put a -unpowered solar panel- and named it... Yeah, that is not ok by no means. I'm sorry...

View user profile
Echiarenza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:59 pm

efex03 wrote:
I take back what I said, except the part where I enjoyed playing with him. If you put a -unpowered solar panel- and named it... Yeah, that is not ok by no means. I'm sorry...

Err, are you now baffled because of the solar panel? I already stated that I named the vendor and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Mike Nespo
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:04 pm

-1 from me for obvious reasons ... Your ban should not even be shortened dude...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola   Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:01 am

I think this is obvious.

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Removal of ban Kayla Viola
View previous topic View next topic Back to top