HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamby

PostSubject: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:18 pm

In-game Name:
(Random ghoul) or Ryan Moore

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:25905542

Have you donated:
No

Where are you from/time zone:
Pacific Time, West Coast USA

How long have you played:
-Within garrysmod - 3256 hours; I've been active on the server for about 6 months or so. I was inactive for 2 years, at the time it was a casual play, not fully active, something like a 2 month window.

How did you hear about FF:
-Found the Server in the listings, back when it was post nuke rp.

How old are you:

Do you have a microphone:
Yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins:
Im not very familiar or acquainted with the staff, I usually stay to myself. Only know in game names: moonman, kelly, and couple others that can not come to mind.

Have you played on any of our other servers:
No, but I would be glad to check them out.

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why?
No

Why do you wish to be Moderator:
I wish to create a positive experience for everyone, to be a useful member of the community and contribute to the server.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator:
I can offer my honesty and devotion to the rules, as well my experience in the core mechanics of garrysmod.  

I would be happy to answer any further questions or interviews, contact me through the forums or steam itself.

Liberty and Justice for All
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 pm

I honestly know nothing about you, however, I have seen you on the server often, and I don't think I have ever had any problems with you.

+1 from me, however since moderator applications are closed, it may take a while for mod app to be accepted/denied

Oh and, try and put some more effort into this, its well made but it doesn't have a lot to it, some of the other staff may find this application lacking in effort, and I can't help but agree.

Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:33 pm

I'm gonna stay neutral on this, but here is some advice:
Get to know the staff, all of them, like the back of your hand. They will be so valuable once you become staff, as sometimes we forget rules or have questions about rules others are better versed in. How can you do this? Get on Teamspeak and start chatting it up with people, I garuntee you will find somebody who will have an open channel and be open to chill out.
You're on the server a lot, I've noticed that, but you do need to get your name around more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:12 pm

If you are not an gay I will talk to you :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Sadly, I'm going to have to use you as an example here.

I'm absolutely tired of these one to two sentence mod apps just claiming that they want to "create a positive experience" and "enforce the rules", that's a given when you apply for moderator. It's also a given also that presumably you'd know the rules. As Brigadier put it, knowing the rules and enforcing them is nothing special. Everyone can do it as long as they can read.

Applying for staff is more so -- show us that you're a logical thinker, show us what you've done in the past, show us how your attitude can help the players and staff alike, give us an example of how you'd handle a situation, list your pros and cons -- your ups and downs, show us that you know your strengths and your weaknesses and you're willing to improve on them. Show us that you want to get involved. How will you actually overall benefit the community other than just enforcing the rules?

Some good examples are: If things would, let's say, get shaken up in a staff meeting, what would you do to calm the room down?

If you wanted to create a change in the rules, how would you go about it? If majority of people disagreed but you still felt you were right, what would you do to convince them?

You've got to have the right attitude.

"Create a positive experience" at this point just seems like a buzzword for me.

Sorry for going so hard into you, but this goes for everyone. I think it needs to be said.
I do love Ron Swanson/Parks and Recs though. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hamby

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 am

Thank you all for the positive feedback, in the future I will take measures to improve my application and reputation with the staff. Its clear that I'm in a gray zone with a lot of people, very unknown on the server. Networking is not my thing.

@Aesop - Completely understandable. I need to prove myself, display my opinions and emotions in a reasonable and logical manner. I would say I'm very individualistic, I try to see both sides. To be objective. Again i haven't created my image yet within the staff community

To answer your questions directly:

If things would, let's say, get shaken up in a staff meeting, what would you do to calm the room down?

If things became too heighten in stress, I would appeal to both parties; explain there logic in a sensible way to each-other. Make it appealing to the opposition, place them in there shoes. Define the lines that they both play on.  

If you wanted to create a change in the rules, how would you go about it? If majority of people disagreed but you still felt you were right, what would you do to convince them?

With a large group of people, usually the majority is right. Because there is more than one thought process, and with that less bias, it creates diversity. It is "situational" though.
To make things go smooth, you have to drop a few opinions to gain some. There is always going to be opinion either way. I find it better to remove opinion and think what is going to improve the situation as a whole. That is really what a admins job is: Creating a smooth, stress free/enjoyable environment while enforcing arbitrary rules.

In Conclusion thank you for your time, and again for the positive feedback.

And no im not gay lmao

Liberty and Justice for All
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)   Mon May 02, 2016 6:22 am

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Moderator Application (Random Ghoul)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1