HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan Hopefield

PostSubject: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:38 pm

Server: Fallout: Decay

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:61403243

Your RP Name: Juggernaut - At the time Blackhawk

Date of incident: 02/22/2016

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): Not sure

Time Zone: UTC +0

Length of Ban: Was 189 Days, Now Forever ????

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: Well i have been accused of "apparently" Spawn Camping, Spawn Killing and maybe something else but i'm not sure. The video evidence given to Folding and Johann to do with my ban:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhkPTgtVb7o - Collecting my MK1 armour From Carter Smith, He ran at us hitting us so we killed him. He was player insulting me, abusing the spawn to his advantage. I didn't understand the spawn rule.

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70mEeTrHNqc - Carter Smith was the one who killed him, MIGHT have been me ????

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_EXuUXFTk - Killed Taylor ONCE !!!

Are all FALSE APART FROM when i killed Corporal Taylor ONCE after being told not to ONCE just outside of spawn, Which i Agree can be banable BUT Here is the thing, I never got an admin sit, Never warned a second time, never asked to refund. Why was i ban with no sit. and was it really worth 6 months (Now Forever) ???

Thanks for your time,
                             Juggernaut
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryan Hopefield

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:55 pm

Blackhawk is my alt character
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vac

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:08 pm

It's funny how the first video cuts in after Theodore had probably run to town 15 times tried to punch us to death. Also if the road close to spawn is safezone, it should be explicitly state in the rules. Lastly is him running out of the spawnzone trying to kill us close to spawn not spawn kill? Or is it just that since he has fists and we had guns.

+1 for shortened ban
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simtranger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:17 pm

+1 For removal/shortened ban- The fact there was no admin sit and the admin just flat out banned you seem like a poor job done by the admin considering he didn't even review the evidence or get the facts straight from witnesses or the logs.(in my personal opinion don't take offense or name anyone just leave at that don't start a shit show) and the cuts indicate that the person recording it was doing it on purpose to get him banned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:26 pm

Hah. -1 I was at war with you, obviously you know that, You've been spawn killing me and my members, you also spawn killed crimson guard, that]s why they wouldn't leave spawn, if they did they would die. You also did some airlock when we tried to get into your base during the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avriYUg4DZ8

Vac

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Comrade Veteran Chernov wrote:
Hah. -1 I was at war with you, obviously you know that, You've been spawn killing me and my members, you also spawn killed crimson guard, that]s why they wouldn't leave spawn, if they did  they would die. You also did some airlock when we tried to get into your base during the war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avriYUg4DZ8

Read the rules, "These are bases in which the person raiding is required to crack or lockpick a door that closes another one behind them" Nowhere in that base does lockpicking/keypad cracking a door close another one behind you.

Airlock Bases: These are bases in which the person raiding is required to crack or lockpick a door that closes another one behind them, and so on. These types of bases are not allowed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:36 pm

The door did close... That was the first door too, the first door is suppose to be toggled

Vac

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:43 pm

The door did close... That was the first door too, the first door is suppose to be toggled

Airlock only counts when you get past the first door and another closes behind you such as

Door>Door>Door
Open>Closed>Closed

Not airlock
VVVVVVV
Door>Door>Door
Closed>Person/Closed>Closed

Airlock
VVVVV
Door>Door>Door
Closed>Closed>Person/Closed>

Also our base was inspected by admins, I'm sure if it broke any rules it would have been removed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryan Hopefield

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Chernov That wasn't me, i wasn't on for that war
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Ryan Hopefield wrote:
Blackhawk is my alt character

You were black hawk... You were on shooting at us with m60 and m24

neo_child

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:08 pm

All I see is the first door being set to the time limit of 10 seconds.

Quote :
Doors with any sort of auto close system must stay open for a minimum of 10 seconds...

Also, that base is kinda iffy. They just had 2 doors set at 10 seconds to close after being opened. Airlock constitutes a door that after being picked, forces another one, behind it or somewhere in the base, to automatically close.

Here's an example.
*You* |Faded Door| <1 meter> |Unfaded Door|

If you crack the first door which then forces the unfaded one to close, then it counts as an airlock base as you can't possibly pick both at the same time without the other closing in on you. That base had plenty of room for your Sentries and multiple people, to fit in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:11 pm

yea but if its like that it would be fish in a barrel, A.K.A kill box. If were all stuck in there then they will jump on us with flamers and we only have so much room.

Vac

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:15 pm

yea but if its like that it would be fish in a barrel, A.K.A kill box. If were all stuck in there then they will jump on us with flamers and we only have so much room.

If you have a problem with the base make a report, this isn't about our base design. It's about juggernaut's ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neo_child

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:19 pm

I would bring this up to Bizz. You prove a valid point about the room size however you are raiding a base. Its not going to be a cakewalk, people will die on both sides and defenders have the advantage. If anything the rule could be changed that unless the space between 2 fading doors is about 1 APC both in length, width and height, its allowed as you can easily fit an APC to guard everyone attacking pretty much (which also is broken but we'll talk details later)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryan Hopefield

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Cherno That was dealt with, that was when i got warned first off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)   Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:32 pm

After talking with the administrator who initially issued your punishment, I have determined that the 6 month ban will stay. You have several previous offenses that should've had you learn the rules a bit better. You were warned MULTIPLE times by myself and other staff members, and when I told you what "spawn" was I even drew you a line around the base. I know a 6 month ban seems huge to you, but several players were affected by this rule breaking, and items were lost. I have reviewed the footage and talked with people on both sides of the spectrum, and have made my decision.

Denied

Please feel free to be on our Teamspeak and no rules server, but don't go making an appeal for the primary server for a few months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Removal of Ban/Shorten Ban (Ryan Hopefield)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1