HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Server Downtime

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ClydeMan

PostSubject: Server Downtime   Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:47 am

Why is the server always crashing and staying down for hours and hours almost all the time?
Is it a bug or something that keeps the server down? Maybe a bad server host?
I'd like to know, because I usually stay up late just to play this as that's when you can really get your grind on.
Edit: Nevermind just found out about the bug that was going on. No worries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Server Downtime   Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Haven't seen it happening for a week, but it's because Bizz switched to a new server, and half the time it crashes, it won't auto-restart like it's supposed to. Complete hard crash that locks up srcds.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Server Downtime   Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:08 pm

Is there anything that can be done about it? Or is it up to the server hoster to fix things

Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Server Downtime   Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:15 pm

It's either something that he added to the server since earlier last year when I left, or just the fact that his new server is just an asshole and doesn't like SRCDS.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Server Downtime   Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:30 pm

It's nothing that I've added really, it's just that now that we use a fully dedicated server, I launch a server by manually running SRCDS. I have an auto restart script that re-runs the server if it crashes, but the problem is that this crash is only detected if the window actually closes. Of course, Garrysmod likes to just freeze forever and never close, so when this happens I have to manually close it. These are the down times you are familiar with.

There used to be a service called "ServerDoc" that would automatically ping your server and restart it if it was detected as being frozen, but Something happened to their website and when you try and download the program, you get barraged with Viruses.

Anyways, I don't know how to get around this because I don't know how to make a windows app to address the issue and the down times while present are few and far between. More often than not the down time persist only when I'm asleep, and during those hours we hardly get any players as it is.

I know it's a problem, but there's not much I can do about it. I might ask NFOservers if they have a solution for it.

Also, if you're thinking about suggesting that I downgrade the server to a simple game server, I know that simple game servers have an auto-restart built in to them, but sacrificing that level of control is out of the question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Downtime   

Back to top Go down

Server Downtime
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: