HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:57 am

What if you guys made a veteran server, with the same inventory and characters as the main server, but its just harder? My ideas would be like, All the NPCs have x3 more hp, Players would have less health, but better chance of finding loot, more conglo drops, and more conglos per drop. It'd basically give the people who have like, 7 hardsuits and nothing to do but chill on the main server and take a slot to go and earn more dank loot. Plus, the main server is filled half the time anyway, so it could help regular more people... maybe, I dunno. Heres a chart with everything that would be different in my opinion, if you care <3

Pros:
More Dank loot (Better scavenging, higher chance to find rare items while scavenging, etc etc)
More XP
More conglomerate drops (Up to at least 1 per game day, maybe more)
Better suitcase loot from Raiders, Mootants, and Conglomerates
More space in the main server for noobs
A way for our more advanced players to get back into PVE
Increased loot drop from creatures (1-3 skins per gecko, depending on how its killed, same with meat and radscorp glands)
Extra challenge

Cons:
All creatures have x3 HP
Wastelander has -50 max HP, rest of the classes have -25 max HP
More Conglomerate drops
More Conglomerate barrets, more guards, less dogs and privates
Enemies spawn more frequently, closer to town, and are more aggressive
More stamina usage
Other NPCs fight less (but will do the same amount of damage)
Other NPCs will auto-target players instead of fighting eachother if the player interrupts
Extra challenge

This is just little chart I made that will hopefully convince you guys we should make a Veteran server Very Happy This will help older players get back into PVE instead of just waiting until they can legally kill someone to take their dank may-mays. You might be saying, just use the pvp server instead, but I think that this is different from the pvp server, because its the same server and you have the same item saves and stuff, but you just have harder enemies and better rewards. But idk, this is just my two cents, please share what your thoughts + opinions are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:52 am

I'm a veteran player, this doesn't seem fun in my opinion. The current server is already evened out for everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 am

TBH it sounds like a more of a "Im geared and i need more of a challenge" server,

I thought what you meant by "Veteran" is a old-styled retro server from 2014/2013

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:57 am

Even the "Veteran" players can find something to do on the server. There is plenty of faction and player drama to get tied into, giving you the option to mold it however you'd like. If you decide to plop vendors down and sit there for 12 hours, that would be your issue.

Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Old style retro from RIGHT before we changed to fallout models would be fucking sick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:29 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
TBH it sounds like a more of a "Im geared and i need more of a challenge" server,

I thought what you meant by "Veteran" is a old-styled retro server from 2014/2013

Loving this idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Oh my god if they re-implemented the old version from 2013-2014 that would be awesome, please do.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:37 pm

StormySunrise wrote:

Back to top Go down
Ameno-Sagiri
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:19 pm

I had an idea for awhile, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

Postnuke with HL2 models from right before the Fallout changes, and the whole gamemode revolves around living in the underground.

Here's the catch with the surface: It's covered in a thick smog, and you need to get upgradeable gas masks and filters. The surface is also stormy and rainy, and it contains lots of horrific creatures that you can hear screaming in the distance, and they can see you before you see them. In my mind, they would be Cry of Fear monsters. It would have a mostly melee focus with rare guns, and random loot spawn containers on the surface.

It would basically be a hardcore horror postnukerp, and you would probably have to travel to the surface in groups to stay alive. Eventually you can set up systems to live in buildings on the surface. Maybe you can set up a machine that clears the smog and lets you live in certain buildings.

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:45 pm

^ Go great with my backstory. I had told some people that I came from an underground metro. Love this idea.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Ameno-Sagiri wrote:
I had an idea for awhile, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

Postnuke with HL2 models from right before the Fallout changes, and the whole gamemode revolves around living in the underground.

Here's the catch with the surface: It's covered in a thick smog, and you need to get upgradeable gas masks and filters. The surface is also stormy and rainy, and it contains lots of horrific creatures that you can hear screaming in the distance, and they can see you before you see them. In my mind, they would be Cry of Fear monsters. It would have a mostly melee focus with rare guns, and random loot spawn containers on the surface.

It would basically be a hardcore horror postnukerp, and you would probably have to travel to the surface in groups to stay alive. Eventually you can set up systems to live in buildings on the surface. Maybe you can set up a machine that clears the smog and lets you live in certain buildings.

You basically just described metro 2033/last light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:51 pm

Love anything that puts the idea of a super hostile/extreme landscape into play. Less enthused about straying away from firearms, but a more in-depth melee system, or more variety/viability for melee couldn't hurt. Kinda without opinion on the HL2 models, unless there is a significant change on server side performance.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?   Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:55 pm

I really like Amenos idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Could we have like, a 'Veteran' Server?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1