HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Raiders Gone for Good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
efex03

PostSubject: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:16 am

Many players and I have been wondering if Raiders are gone for good. Supermutants are a lot of fun to fight, and are well liked as you can see in the recent post/poll I made for them. However, many complain about the loot not matching their difficulty. Raiders were easier to kill, but they also dropped much better items. I am not trying to be a loot hoe here, but after a while Super mutants become a nuisance in the Wasteland because they're there to do a lot of damage, but not drop much loot. That being said are raiders permanently being replaced by Super mutants? If so then I am also suggesting their drop table gets slightly edited.

Sorry if this should go in the suggestion forum.

View user profile
Igster

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:34 am

+1 if mutants are gonna be with us for much longer i would like to see their drop table have a diversity of items. Maybe occasionally drop the gun they are using, would make them something worth hunting for.

View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:41 am

Raiders cause instant server crash before, because I spawn couple raiders and crashed server (I thought I was in trouble at first) then Bizzclaw fighure out after he question me, it cause sever to crash due to gmod update 1 month ago I think and super mutant (regularly spawn ones) tweak the loot instead dropping decent amout of heavy plates, ton of ammo because the economy could ruin it I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:47 am

Ice Frost wrote:
Raiders cause instant server crash before, because I spawn couple raiders and crashed server (I thought I was in trouble at first) then Bizzclaw fighure out after he question me, it cause sever to crash due to gmod update 1 month ago I think and super mutant (regularly spawn ones) tweak the loot instead dropping decent amout of heavy plates, ton of ammo because the economy could ruin it I think.

Yeah I figured some of the tables were edited before they were added. Is it possible to add rare drops to it you think? You had to kill 100's of raiders to get a combat shotgun, sometimes even more. If we can put a item in there similar to that then I think it would give most players more motivation to fight them opposed to avoid them.

View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:54 pm

I believe the raiders and conglo had too great of a drop chance, over saturation of hardplates, 10mms, type 99s and motras was a problem. Hell, even the rotten's price was dropping. I am in favor of lower drop chances.

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:34 pm

However i don't even believe that super mutants have a heavy armor plate drop chance. If they do it has gotta be less than 20%. The chances don't have to be good, we just need a diverse drop table. I've killed 20 of them and the most i've gotten is 70 7.62 x 51 ammo. I feel Super mutants are harder to kill then raiders and should be given some worthwhile drops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:52 pm

Read my Dank Guide to the Dankland, it explains why raiders are gone.:

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Made Man

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:11 am

Facing the fact that every Supermutant I encounter has pinpoint accuracy and can snipe a fly just a kilometer away kills the immersion for me; eliminates the close combat role to a bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Using a hammer on someone with an assault rifle is more immersion breaking, raiders will be added back if they can be repaired, but they currently are inoperable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:32 pm

How about we have the loot system like runescapes.
Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:16 pm

Yummy wrote:

I feel like you are shitposting a lil, just to get that post count.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:36 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
Yummy wrote:

I feel like you are shitposting a lil, just to get that post count.
Not really, The Runescape Drop system is actually very well done. Its very rewarding compare to other games I guess. The ring of luck was what I always had when I went bossing.
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 am

Made Man wrote:
Facing the fact that every Supermutant I encounter has pinpoint accuracy and can snipe a fly just a kilometer away kills the immersion for me; eliminates the close combat role to a bare minimum.
Super Mutant Skirmishers spawn with long range hunting rifles. What do you expect? Besides, I've noticed that at long ranges, Super mutants regularly miss me, so maybe you're getting to close? Anyhow, please don't over generalize like this. If you're going to complain about something, don't exaggerate and use specifics please.

Exavolt wrote:
I believe the raiders and conglo had too great of a drop chance, over saturation of hardplates, 10mms, type 99s and motras was a problem. Hell, even the rotten's price was dropping. I am in favor of lower drop chances.

Exavolt, I don't know why you are so casually spreading misinformation, but never have I said that raiders drop hard plates or conglo weapons, and no one has ever found these items on them either. This is because they do not drop these items, just low tier armor and raider specific weapons whose prices have sky rocketed since their removal.

Anyways, I've tried a multitude of things from re-coding the raiders from scratch to editing everything in their code until I find out what's wrong. All I can find out is that it's something related to their model or their movement animations that causes it, but every time I think I've found a solution to the problem and attempted to correct it, it doesn't' actually end up working.

The nature of this issue is very hard to fix because every time I try and run tests or experiment with it, gmod will completely lock up until I close it manually. I've been trying on and off to fix it with little success due to this and it doesn't help that gmod takes forever to load.

I believe raiders are a very important part of the gamemode, and the server has lost something without them. If I could figure out why this gmod update suddenly caused them to act in this manner, I would fix it immediately and re-add them. Maybe I'd keep super mutants, but add them to the event system in PNRP like with conglo drops; every few hours a troop of super mutants would spawn somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:32 pm

@bizzclaw

Stupid idea, but can you just take the conglomerate AI and fix it to the raiders stats and abilities? Since the conglo seem the work fine...

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:26 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Exavolt wrote:

You read my post a little quickly Bizz. I was making a general statement about Npcs that drop items via cases, not just raiders. In addition, I see nothing  that suggests I am referencing a previous statement by you.

EDIT: after reviewing the thread, I can see how my comment, following ice Frost's, might be interpreted as me recounting a statement you made. Easy mistake.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:00 pm

Bizzclaw, would it be possible to replace their animations with a different set? If its even possible, you could modify them to work with hl2 combine or rebel animations and maybe that would work.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Raiders Gone for Good?   Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Crucible wrote:
Bizzclaw, would it be possible to replace their animations with a different set? If its even possible, you could modify them to work with hl2 combine or rebel animations and maybe that would work.

Actually I hadn't thought of that, I know someone rigged the raiders to the Half-Life skeleton once and in theory I could use those. I'll try it out I suppose, but I'm honestly not thrilled at the prospect of re-positioning all of their weapon-in-hand offsets and re-defining all of their animations, also the Half-Life 2 models have no animation for healing themselves that wold work (that I can think of).
Also, a lot of the animations with HL2 are done with gestures, layered animations which are hard to get working on nextbots.
oh and there's only one or two models, so we wouldn't have the same armor diversity, at least not visibly.

On the bright side, players wouldn't be confused with raiders as much, as it's pretty easy to tell when they're using a different animation set.

I'll try it I guess, but it probably won't work too well... We'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Raiders Gone for Good?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1