Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Honestly guys, the wastes are too safe.

"How there's freakin giant headcrab things and combine guards"

Yeah yeah, but everyone teams up, pats eachother on the back, shares the loot, and runs off to the nearest Tunki Bar n Grill for some free food.

"So you're saying that players being respectful and happy is a bad thing? *smugface*"

No, i'm saying that it's completely un realistic to the lore of the roleplay. I mean since it's this great shouldn't people be founding
a city? Creating jobs and laws? ROLEPLAYING the rebuilding of society? Resources seem to be plentiful, people are working together, plenty of skills to rebuild. I mean even if society would be rebuilt there would be rival cities and bandit raids, yet their is none. Is it the RDM rules putting too much a restriction? IDK!!

"Oh blank it's not like you actually roleplay, you go around haunting the tunnels and scaring players.. BADMIN"

HEAHEHEHAHEHAEHEAHEAHEHAHEHAHEAHEHAEHAEHHAEH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:45 pm

You do have a good point though. People trust each other far too much now.
There's also an abundance of resources. It would be a shame if they were to suddenly become scarce......

*insert maniacal BlankJones laugh* Twisted Evil 

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 pm

does this mean I have permission to fly my helicopter into people

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 pm

This reminds me of why everyone hates Toshiro, and anyone who raids everyone very often.

There's got to be an antagonist. If there is none, then what is fun in this gamemode?

It's just repetitively collecting resources.

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Exactly. People are starting to hate me now because I raid so often.

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Well really, everyone hates Toshi cause they can't counter an unstoppable force like that. The other day I saw him kill like 6 gun-toting schlubs with that death scythe of his.

He's like...

He's like... well. This:

Can't stop the rock. :I

Was wrong with endless monotomy? (Huehuehue) I do agree that there needs to be more antagonists, but I wish that there was a way to actually deal with Wrath. I'm not going against him, I'm on the same team as him, more or less, but I kind of wish that they'd be able to kill him at least once. The antagonist always devastaring everyone is as bad if not worse than the mineathon that usually goes on. Hell I relish when I'm the only one on cause there's no competition, hah to bitch or shoot at me. But I ramble, and type out more words to hide the fact I have nothing more to say.
Back to top Go down
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Yes, well. If there's nobody to counter the antagonists, then the protagonists should shape up!

If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:59 pm

If I may suggest a group of non rock bandits starts up and idk ... DOES BANDITY STUFF? We shall call them Caen's Madhatters C: C: C:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Toshiro/Wrath once raided the 117th base with all of us in it. He managed to take out one of us before someone organized a counter offensive, and then he killed another guy. But he still died. Nearly got me, that sneaky bastard. That's a guy I like.

Never pet a burning dog.

Last edited by Tactical Bacon on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : [REDACTED])
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Exactly, there has to be a way to make the wastes harder and a little more rough, I mean the wastes should always be dangerous. I think there should be a balance though, It is cool when a town is formed and people set up there own shops and other services but it also cool when there are raiding factions and camps. I also think the roleplay of a nuclear bomb aftermath should have impact on the maps played, I'm sorry but I've seen a lot of maps that have nothing to do with the gamemode, I am seeing less of these fortunately. BTW I love to roleplay so If we can get it going guys, it will be great, I can have my own little shop, sell bombs and start my trade of slaves......for roleplay of course not for enjoyment...Twisted Evil 

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:09 pm

I would raid more, but people don't make bases. That's the real problem. If I could find a base to even raid, I would do it.

Also, we could make more fast zombies... Alot more, if we had like 30 fast zombies it would force more of a fear RP. Players would not just leave their bases to go get resources alone anymore.

If you had enough fast zombies players would have to form scavenging parties and bigger groups to even go outside. This intern would make resources harder to get and make players get into raiding more. I mean, why go risk getting killed by 10 fast zombies to get 1 car of scrap when you could just kill the 5 people and get 1000.

KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:43 am

I was thinking the exact same thing, it's probably the same reason people like the desert map because it's so easy to find a pile of resources and see if there are any zombies nearby.

BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Then it seems i've found the perfect reason to start some .. chaos ... AHEHAHEAEHHEHAHEHAHEHAEAHEH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanuki

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:20 pm

I would love a bit of chaos now and then especially if it was something more creative than raiding and gloating about it. Someone really should kidnap someone every once in a while, and the OP 'forces of good' should leave it up to some of the others to do something about it. ;P would be fun if i suddenly disappeared and all the newbies that depend on me for advice and supplies stumble upon all my un-set vendors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Get me up in that bitch i fix that shit real quick.. . . .

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 pm

Well, Tanuki, the only people stupid enough to fall for kidnapping are new people. And even then, they just kill themselves, or failRP, or just disconnect.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentGhost

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:12 pm

im about to get on let me mass rdm and see how they react <3 OR WE COULD HAVE A FUCKING PURGE EVENT LIKE I SUGGESTED A WHILE AGO BUT GOT REJECTED VERY..VERY QUICKLY!

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:52 pm

I wouldn't be against being kidnapped :I. I mean, I have 4 vendors, and I'm starting to be like the Tanuki who isn't Tanuki when Tanuki isn't on and my Heals On Wheels and Bean-O-Tron machines get business like all the time. If they suddenly also became inactive... >:3
Back to top Go down
AEixilimar
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Well we really got side tracked here, for me the server is now boring because there isn't much to do Deadline circus, the golden Cross are now practically inactive 117 rarely leaves there base, the players don't really scavenge anymore its all about getting the PAC done rite. a more wild place should be better. I would like mugging to be put in effect, guns more expensive then they are now, more melee weapons so its harder to kill someone with a gun, and even better. and as well as what tactical bacon said, about being raided, it only seems to be a back and forth war between The golden Cross, The A-Team, and the Deadline circus Vs The US army, and the 117 its not very fun anymore, any new groups that start up, such as The Circle are immediately put down.
and Sentry Turrets are to far annoying alls you need is 4 of them at your only entrance and change it to Whitelist and you are practically protected as long as your power supply is protected, it would be better if they were mounted guns instead, where you had to operate them and can still be shot off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Turrets should have like a five second cool down after firing continuously for ten seconds or so.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Here's a thought: The reason why we can't spam fast zombies or unleash hell on the server is because there are still people who are new, and if they join and the first thing that happens is they get mauled by fast zombies, that's somewhat of a problem. So, I've been thinking of a way to calculate a players total "threat level" or level in general on the server, or at least how to tell if a player is a noob or not. If we got a sort of definition in the gamemode, we could do beautiful thing. People of higher levels or part of factions which have an average high-level player base in them will get attacked by zombies more, fast zombies will spawn closer to these people and combine drops are more likely to happen near them. Not that I could code this, but it's an idea I could work on. Let me know if you guys have more ideas about this "Level" system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Grymestone

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:50 pm

For those Upstart Communities who dare challenge our Supremacy, (lol I'm just messing around of course.) I suggest adding a two day grace period onto their foundation. By this I mean if a new community is started, the faction cannot be declared war on for at least two days unless they actively cancel their "immunity" by declaring war themselves or killing another faction member. While yes you can get around this by making them kill someone because they are new and then declaring war, its up to them to use their common sense in such situations. The two day grace period would allow them to at least gather resources and weapons so as to compete with the Major Factions on the server such as the 117th Deadline or Golden Cross. This should promote some competition so its not just 117th vs Golden Cross (Even though Golden Cross is not particularly active anymore.) And while at first it seems counter productive to the goal of "spicing up the server" It should over time allow for new blood to get into the game so to speak. Also Love the idea of scaling for communities if its possible. It could provide a groundwork to implement this grace period and other things. Good luck coding that though. I'd offer to help if I knew anything about coding for Gmod. I would like to learn but I'm getting off topic now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 am

To add onto the community comment (which I think is a groovy idea), I think that all the regulars and the more rich players should each start there own faction and recruit the new guys that get onto the server, It kind of gets one sided when a group of richer and active players get onto one faction because the stockpile will just file up and the new groups who just start off don't have a chance from the get go and even after a good period of time. We'll all have fun wars and in the process teach the newbies how to play the game as well as enforce the rules.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:50 am

Ugh I can not fight at close distances, literally all I do is just panic cause the enemy rushes me with a gun and makes me holster my weapon by grinding their body against my gun, although when bacon kills me im usually the only one left and / or chosen to be picked out first because im a sniper (which is smart). and its either that or I spray and pray, another key factor is the auto-lock in third person mode(its fuckin annoying) i aim for their head but it always locks on the player's body.
Here's something i thought about.how about the high-threat players get raided more often then the med-low players? Problem is there is no NPC coding that does that....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 am

You can turn auto-lock off....

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   

Back to top Go down

Safeland not Wasteland
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum