HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Safeland not Wasteland

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grymestone

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Not so sure about the whole rich and active guys making communities. I'd prefer to keep playing with my group and it can disrupt the flow of the server by forcing this. But I understand the sentiment behind it. The smaller factions can choose to ally themselves with the experienced communities become their Vassal if you will. The experienced one could teach them a little bit and of course fund their operation. But thats up to the communities to decide if they want to do that. The Golden Cross has funded a group of six or so players before. Not sure what happened to them but they knew how to play after a few days of our support.

EDIT: Not sure if someone has mentioned this but perhaps upping the total difficulty might help. Zombies have more HP, Guns more expensive. And some more variety in the weapons but I realize that takes time to implement and would require some coding so. Make overall survival harder and challenging rather than leaving endgame easily attainable. Well I say easy it did take us a few months with three people to unlock everything and build about 8 of everything to because we could XD. So I think developing Early game and Mid game to make them slightly more difficult might help. But thats just what Ive been thinking about. Thoughts?

View user profile
AEixilimar
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:32 pm

The server is still to safe, I'm getting quickly bored not enough action I don't have to carry a gun with me anymore, I just fly my helicopter around the map tell I get bored land pick it up and log out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 am

the thing with having an Antagonist, while it makes the safelands into wastelands and more interesting, it makes people's hours of work and effort into collecting, crafting and trading to get their desired object a risk.

example here:
example 1:

of course, this is an exagerated, made up story, but what if something like this happens? I fear something like this to happen to me. I'm the kind of person that, after a table turning event would happen to me, could turn from a good and nice guy into a horrible monster of a human being. a few people have seen how i am intolerant of punch-whores, people threatening me or my friends and allies as well as i can have spontaneous mood switches in moments where things get rough. This is why if someone plays a vilain, he cant be a Chaotic Evil aligned vilain (See TV tropes for most accurate descriptions of Chaotic Evil alignments) and has to be a Lawful Evil (see TV tropes for best description of Lawful Evil).

If we need a vilain, we need a vilain who has a code of honor, a vilain that plays relatively fair and only uses "that trick up his sleeve" on deserving people, wee need a vilain who knows when too much is too much, we need someone who knows when to stop, when to bail out and have people fear him for what he could do, but respect him for how his skills and sense of decency.

What we need is a King Pin of the Wasteland. someone Rich, powerful but fairplay, honest, tricky but defeatable with a horde of disposable minions surrounding him. also, above all, he has to be INTENSELY RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Why must my age be acquitted to minges. *Sighs* Anyway people need to set up bases more. I can never find anyone to raid.
Moral of the story: Set up bases so I can raid you. Please and thank you.

View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm fairly positive that Arisen and I are the Lawful Evil of which you speak.

I'll try to get on more and cause some chaos;)

Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm fairly positive that Arisen and I are the Lawful Evil of which you speak.

I'll try to get on more and cause some chaos;)

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:54 pm

we dont need or want chaos, we need ordered tyranny

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 pm

We need chaos for people to want ordered tyranny.

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:17 pm

When you do end up raiding people, the server starts to hate you.

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm fine with that.

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:47 pm

oplzmisterplzdonthurtmemisterplzimjustryingtogetsevenchemicalsoicanhavesomefoodtoeatforonce

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:49 pm

You don't get food. 2 bad 4 u

BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:11 am

Then perhaps why not have a structured society begin to gradually take over the wastes ... but said society is totalitarian. It would give players the resemblance of tyrannical rule, allowing for the scramble of resources to combat the dictator of the wastes.

"Such chaos is clearly the divine providence of Jeffery. HAHAHEHAEHHEEHAHEHE -Caen, Lord of Madness. Remnant Lord of The Overworld"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:17 am

Once Arc Aile is strong enough and we beat the higher factions, I had planed on making Arc Aile controlled zones, where citizens could live under the protection of Arc Aile. We would do things like taxs food rations and CID for people who want to go in or out.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:39 am

Well, there is always a end to world powers... I'll try to make the 117th a power as long as I can. So far I have sustained one death due to war, but that was when I had low health, no armor and low ammo.

I also have this great idea about suicide bombers, although I wonder where I'll get the men for that...
Also, crucifixions for the enemy leaders Twisted Evil 

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.

Last edited by Tactical Bacon on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Damn this emoticion thingy again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 pm

i personally preffer impalement, much more terryfing and slower

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Well the fact that the vending machines require power should certainly balance out a few things. No it's not being changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Very nice, I like it.

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 pm

I know this is old but I would like to say that it may be good to have a newb server where there is less enemies/ more resources make stuff easier to craft and make it to where inventories are seperate on the server. It can just be a place for them to learn the game mode then when they feel ready they can join the vet server.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Validtarget wrote:
I know this is old but I would like to say that it may be good to have a newb server where there is less enemies/ more resources make stuff easier to craft and make it to where inventories are seperate on the server. It can just be a place for them to learn the game mode then when they feel ready they can join the vet server.
and then we would need more staff to attend to the "newbie server" and have the staff twice the work they have for a server that might just not be worth it? i don't think having a "safeland" is the way to go. I am personally highly paranoid both in character and out of character because i never know which random person might come and take a shot at my fusion generator, and it has happened that some random noob did just that.

no to safeland, makes it more advantageous for minges to cause trouble. most of the time, i hear noobs say "I NEED GUNZ OMFG WHERE DO I BUY GUNZ" and then they just scream some more when we tell them you can't exactly "buy" a gun. they fail to realize this game mode is not a Dark RP and they think because its a postnuke, its like fallout and they can just go around killing people as they please.

so yea, no safeland.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:03 pm

Better yet. Why don't we use the Safeland for what it is and begin an admin lead faction that strives to rebuild society? Or an admin lead raiding faction that will set the safeland back to the wasteland?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EijiMaebara

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:12 pm

There's already the Raiders, owned by Alaska and Demon...

It's the internet. Don't take everything so seriously.
If you can't take what I say, get the fuck out. Doesn't matter who you are, or what status you have.
And if you ain't a sandwich, I've got nothin' to say to ya.

Wut:

This is me:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingKatchup
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:15 pm

There is the Monroe Republic lead by Phil which formed a coalition a bit ago with a few other people, I believe, and would collect taxes for protection. For the bandits, There is the Raiders lead by Alaska and a few others I think. Currently, I am trying to organize a bandit faction.

Gshep

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:10 am

They should add the Jets.

BTW, Hockey is the best sport ever, and if you don't like that, you can take it up with Owen Nolan.

Breaking Badpones:

Hockey:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:39 pm

*RESURECT NIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAA*
But we should have a limit a community can have the amount of people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safeland not Wasteland   

Back to top Go down

Safeland not Wasteland
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: