PostSubject: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:59 pm

Server: Fallout Decay

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:40104176

Your RP Name: Ethan Bradbury

Date of incident: 3/27/2016

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 10:30 PM EST

Time Zone: EST

Length of Ban: 181440

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: I come back from being AFK in the main menu and see that I was banned for exploiting. From what I hear it is because a new rule was added regarding place stockpiles down in public. However, I was afk and was not warned to remove it or anything and was instantly banned. Not only that only me and one other person was banned when two entire factions were consistently doing this. It wasn't just me placing the locker/stockpile down it was other members aswell. I am sorry for doing it, I simply took advantage of it seeing it wasn't a rule at the time. I lured other factions into war using this and was verified by high ranking admins like Rapheal. If I wasn't banned for placing my faction's raidables down then I am not sure why I was banned because a proper admin sit wasn't even carried out.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here: No evidence

View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Disconnect: Kicked by ???(STEAM_0:1:5287116) (Banned for 181440 minute(s): Exploiting, Make ban appeal.).
Disconnect: Kicked by ???(STEAM_0:1:5287116) (Banned for 181440 minute(s): Exploiting, Make ban appeal.).

View user profile
FoldingFreeman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:15 pm

This was exploitation, you were involved in this simply because you had told people that they should go and press "e" on the stockpile or locker that you had placed down, leading up to them getting shot or having them sending an auto war request to you, so you would be able to war the entire faction to kill them. You and scrappy are not the only ones, people have witnessed you two doing this to players, I have been going through logs on everybody and I will find everyone that is doing this with you, have been for the past hour and a half. I did tell you that placing it out in the open was fine, but not leading people to it that are ignorant to the objects that can be broken into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:18 pm

FoldingFreeman wrote:
This was exploitation, you were involved in this simply because you had told people that they should go and press "e" on the stockpile or locker that you had placed down, leading up to them getting shot or having them sending an auto war request to you, so you would be able to war the entire faction to kill them. You and scrappy are not the only ones, people have witnessed you two doing this to players, I have been going through logs on everybody and I will find everyone that is doing this with you, have been for the past hour and a half. I did tell you that placing it out in the open was fine, but not leading people to it that are ignorant to the objects that can be broken into.

I am really sorry for doing this right off the bat. I would never do something as stupid as this to get myself banned. If I was warned or such to not do this I would stop instantly without any arguing or questioning. I could see a instant 4 month-perma ban if it was something obvious like duping. However, I feel like this is such a grey area. Is there anyway I could be unbanned or have a lighter sentence?

View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Sorry for doubling posting again, but I was doing that since we were on the Alaskan Ameno map which was like 1 day or 2 ago. I really didn't know this was not allowed.

View user profile
efex03

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:47 pm

I was banned for telling people to press E on a stockpile. It wasn't as direct as I stated it but that what the exploit was. I understand why I was banned now.

View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:13 pm

Ok, you are right... I did tell a few people to press E on my locker but they didn't actually do it, they usually reply saying "I am not an idiot." and walk off, I haven't killed anyone after telling them to press E on and this was hours before the rule was in effect.

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:14 pm

I was also never warned... I just came back from being AFK to see that I was banned for 4 months..

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragarien
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:40 pm

Agreed that the ban was excessive, I feel that the announcement that this behavior is against the rules was enough. Most people were under the impression that what was going on was /not/ against the rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:13 am

We added the rule almost over a month ago and it was at the top of the MOTD for at least a week. As a player on this server who enjoys it's content for free, it's your responsibility to acknowledge and follow up on these rule changes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
FoldingFreeman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03   Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 am

Based on our conversation in Team speak you will not receive a shorten time for you ban right now, you deliberately used people's ignorance in getting them to send you a war request without them knowing what it does when they go up to your stockpile or locker.

Denied
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Ban Appeal for EFEX03
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1