HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nixinized

PostSubject: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Server: Edit: "Server: Fallout: Decay - Primary"

(I am Nick Brawk, and I am posting this on behalf of Ryan Shek because he's having problems creating a forum account.)

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:27491900

Your RP Name: Ryan Shek

Their SteamID: ?

Their RP Name: Handlebar

Date of incident: 4/12/2016

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 10:45-11:30 PM (ish) (I'm not sure when he was killed, but it was within this timeframe)

Time Zone: EST

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: A player named Handlebars was causing trouble in the server all day, I even had a run-in with myself earlier which ended up in me putting a shell in his skull. Him and Ryan Shek were talking, and it ended with Ryan making the comment "I'd want to take your arm with this machete" or something along the lines. I overheard Handlebar talking to someone in regards to what he could do about that 'threat', so I went and found Ryan and offered to guard him for 30/30/30 (I was a wastelander). I went on to guard Ryan for well over 5 minutes. I then left to continue doing some other activities. I came back and Ryan was in town confused of why he had lost all of his gear, to which I found out by some witnesses (Elias and Jimmy) that he was killed by someone, guess who? It was Handlebar. So I talked to Ryan about what happened and he told me he went afk for a good 3-4 minutes only to come back gearless and in spawn. I was furious so I got in contact with Leon and explained the situation, and I found out there that Handlebar was recently unbanned (today?) for killing people without reason. Please put this fucker to sleep.

Also, in addition; Handlebar left within a few minutes after killing Ryan Shek.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:43 pm

I looked through the logs and the time was far past 5 mins, it was almost a complete hour from when the threat was made till Handlebar initiated a state of combat with Ryan by confronting him. This will be handled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MLG Eevee

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 am

I waited an hour for Nick and some other guy to move away so I wouldn't be killed.

Also I never actaully killed anyone the last time I was banned.

ALSO! Where is the 5 minute kill rule? I read every rule on killing and there is no mention of time.

Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:29 pm

It is in the section of where hits are.

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Besides that dank af triple post, I was there when it happened. Ryan shek walked up to handlebar with his mechete out and started to like, crouch walk around him and say some weird shit like "thats a nice arm, I'd like to take it" and swinging his mechete around him. Handlebar asked me if this was a threat, and I said I was pretty sure it was, and that he could do something about it. I even asked in admin chat if he could, which was completely ignored, so I said "I dunno man" and he just went off and did it.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dongdongshin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:07 pm

I finally got it, Alright from my point of view the thing that happened before was that I was standing afk beside handlebar and then when I came back I heard handlebar say something along the lines of "this guy looks pretty creepy with his Machete out" so I made a joke and he seemed use this as a reason to kill me for my stuff, which made sense because he was complaining about being short on resources and asked around even before killing me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MLG Eevee

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:16 pm

You made no indication it was a joke so I had my mind set on killing you.

ALSO! I didn't put a hit on him.

:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:13 am

I was hesitant to look into this but after reading Eevee's post I decided to do so. Our rules currently only have a five minute timer for revenge killing (Acting Upon) before having to hire a hitman. After talking to Coront he stated that it applies to taking Action same as if it was a revenge kill, stolen item, threat and so forth. Being as the rule isn't as clear as it should I'd like to propose a solution to this which I will speak to Price about later today.

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Handlebar, my advice here is to educate yourself on the written rules and the unwritten ones (I know the idea of unwritten rules is bunk and I've been contemplating making a forum post to get that fixed but multiple players get in trouble for them on a weekly basis). If you're not sure of some of these unwritten rules, talk to an admin or just pay attention to some OOC scenarios that commonly take place on the server. Nonetheless, being banned twice and pushing it almost to three WITHIN A SINGLE MONTH is getting ridiculous.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:10 pm

dongdongshin wrote:
handlebar say something along the lines of "this guy looks pretty creepy with his Machete out" so I made a joke and he seemed use this as a reason to kill me for my stuff,.
Case closed, literally made a joke about a threat. He can kill you for that soooooooooooo
Back to top Go down
ManlyTears
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:15 pm

He killed him after an hour sooooo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MLG Eevee

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:55 pm

If the 5 minute rule is a thing, Nick should have something done because I'm pretty sure it was after 5 minutes when he killed me for threatening him.

Noodlers

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Nick was a hired Bodyguard which allows him to be defending Ryan Shek for well over the 5 minutes you had to act upon Ryan, Since you did the kill around 1 hour without hiring a hit man to extend the time for him to possible be dead (though the 1 hour taken would have made the hit man call it off.)

Some supporting rules to defend my case against Handlebar

[III] [2] The duration in which this lasts is up to 5 minutes after they are murdered, or until you die.
[3] You can extend this time to an additional 30 minutes  if you hire a Bounty Hunter/Hitman. You may not revenge kill a revenge kill.

[III] [2](This is how i interpret this rule) meaning the threat or the reason for the murder is 5 mins if you decide to take action as yourself
[III] [3](This is how i interpret this rule) The hitman is the only one who can kill the person who threatened you once the original 5 mins timed out

In the rules they don't really describe how bodyguarding works but i believe its mostly taken as "Defense contract is off if Bodyguard is dead, Map change, or the hired person has been dead for 5 mins."

Note: I am a simple player on the server and what i say can be overruled and fixed by the staff on the server and forums.

I mean [III] [D] [2] and [3]. (I didn't notice the sub categories in the sections.)

http://www.frostburnt.com/t3643-caramelldansen-is-our-savoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Nixinized

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 am

MLG Eevee wrote:
If the 5 minute rule is a thing, Nick should have something done because I'm pretty sure it was after 5 minutes when he killed me for threatening him.

Nope, when I killed you for threatening me it was within 5 minutes, I'm aware of these rules. You ran around for a minute or two and then hid and stood still just long enough for me to cap you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar   Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:36 pm

[Accepted] I'll talk to him when I see him on.

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Accepted] Player abuse report Handlebar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1