HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:37 pm

So I recently quit the server, I won't list the exact reasons and if you want to know why hit me up in ts. It's mostly because it isn't fun for me anymore because of the lag.
My suggestion is - Just like with the No Rules server, how about another server that's like postnukerp? HL2 models, armors, Maybe keep a weapons fallout and the rules stay the same, old hud. I would love to see this as I came on the server at the end of 2014 which is pretty late as the fallout models were a few months away from being imported, so I never got around becoming rich and good at it to enjoy it fully. It would also be interesting for those who joined like 4-5 months ago and could see how it used to be. Maybe also bring back some old factions. And where 1000 of each is actually a lot of resources. Old conglomerates too.
And no, I'm not gonna go and play TBU, I actually like the community I play with and would love to play postnukeRP with them again.
This would mean that fallout decay would be for people new to the community and veterans might play on postnukerp. Which would bring some balance and let new players participate in more events and not feel like outcasts due to the amount of firepower that veterans bring in events and leaves the new players without the full experience.

If not that maybe at least a rust server, I'd love to continue playing with the community but not on fallout:decay.

If you have a different idea of it, feel free to post it in the replies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:40 am

Bill Andrews wrote:
HL2 models, armors, old hud

In all honesty, I've been considering rebalancing scavenging, crafting, pricing, and item creation from the ground up, but in order to do that effectively I'd have to reset the server.
This has been something we've done in the past when the economy went in this direction and was last done when armor was first added. Many veteran players are for this idea, and its not like it would be hard to do or anything, I mainly wanted to automate the discovery of rarer armors and the components needed to build them, and re-price most weapons/armors/ammo so smaller factions are less tentative to get in to conflict because of a lack of resources.

I'd also like to remove vending machines, but that would not sit well with many people I feel, so that's a whole other debate.

My only concern is it might be a major turn off for a lot of the recent new players, and this is the third time we'd have to do a reset like this, which might urk people because Resurgence, assuming I ever get working on it again, is still going to wipe the slate one day as well.

As far as making a new server goes, that's not really going to be possible, especially if you wanted it to have rules. I mean, can you imagine how hard it would be for our staff to be spread across two servers? It's taxing enough to have to deal with one as it is.

I might put these thoughts up for further discussion in another thread I suppose, but I doubt it will be favored by the community, because no one wants to lose their fat loot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Rev

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:12 am

I like the Idea of a reset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:32 am

Rev wrote:
I like the Idea of a reset.
I have no problem with that, everything for me is boring,  since I got the most stuff on postnuke/fallout decay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtlasTheSpacePirate

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:29 pm

I'd probably quit if a reset happens.
Busted my butt for the last week to get where I am and having that ruined would just make it seem like everything I did was a waste of time, I'm trying to progress-not get reset.

If you have everything why not make a new character then?

After I called the new Vault Girl tutorial avatar a whore.
Gyro Count: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Since you mentioned it I'd also love a reset, It would bring some balance as new players are coming every day and would give everyone a fair advantage. You probably won't do it but if you do I might come back.

Also Atlas a week isn't anything, Ice Frost has been playing for like 3 years now and is uber rich, yet he still doesn't see it as a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtlasTheSpacePirate

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Bill Andrews wrote:
Since you mentioned it I'd also love a reset, It would bring some balance as new players are coming every day and would give everyone a fair advantage. You probably won't do it but if you do I might come back.

Also Atlas a week isn't anything, Ice Frost has been playing for like 3 years now and is uber rich, yet he still doesn't see it as a waste of time.
True but he can just create a new character if he wants to restart, he doesn't need to force a wipe onto everybody because certainly I'm not the only one that dislikes the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:50 pm

There's a lot of new players coming in, but I notice most of them don't stay long because it's so hard to get in to the gamemode now, and now there's so many huge factions with tons of guns and armor that drive out newer players that try and make a faction.

One of the things I'm thinking of doing is making it easier to get started, so if you just spent a week getting starting this time around, you wouldn't have to take a week anyways. The idea is that the rebalance would make it easier for players to get basic gear, but longer for them to get better, more expensive stuff. Still working out the details, but I'm not even sure if I want to do it or not.
Back to top Go down
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:33 pm

The problem of getting started imo is food. I always see new players starving and then leaving because they are always at low hp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty Mcfly

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:12 pm

I love the idea of an old postnukerp server since I liked it more than the current fallout version. I also think a reset might help new players since I see lots of them log on play for 2 hours and feel really overwealmed by all the people with tons of armour and guns. I don't think most people would be for a reset though....

rucksack

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:52 pm

I'm all for a Server Wipe if that's what y'all are talking about. Idk if my opinion matters but I'm down for a reset, its good to get a fresh start.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 am

I'd just like to say that, bringing back postnuke with James' special sauce isn't going to bring back veterans. This project will end up like how the experimental server did, major hype is going to happen like it was a supreme drop. Everyone is going to be hyped with the server and then its going to die within a month like a experimental server. 90% of the people joining are joining because they never had the chance to play Postnuke or at least with no fallout type shit. I personally would play it for a week and realized it has a lotttttttttttttttttttttttt of flaws compared to the newest version (aka FalloutDecay). Veterans leave for a reason, and it's not because the game mode changed it's just they don't like the new community. I personally don't mind the new community but, I do believe the community with Dank Kalosh, Sturmy, and Chris Maverick was a lot better.
Back to top Go down
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:03 am

I just want hl2 models again
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:56 am

ahugeabruceofpower wrote:
I just want hl2 models again

I want zombies, a survival knife that does 1 shot and a pistol again.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:11 pm

I remember the days of the ol postnuke and is there was always like twenty people on and it was so fucking hard to even get a pistol, main reason I quit then. Now with the new server, the server is always full with new players contributing new things to the server, and the fallout out lore brings even hardcore fans of the series here as well. Even with the larger groups with all their fat loot, we are all usually responsible and are considerate to other factions and players, that the new players look up to giving them hope to play more to get to that status in the game. I believe if you want to play with a wipe, most of us don't want that. We put in long hours to get where we are and are putting more to get further. Start a new character if you want a fresh start, dont brings us into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:35 am

Cpt.Telion wrote:
I remember the days of the ol postnuke and is there was always like twenty people on and it was so fucking hard to even get a pistol, main reason I quit then. Now with the new server, the server is always full with new players contributing new things to the server, and the fallout out lore brings even hardcore fans of the series here as well. Even with the larger groups with all their fat loot, we are all usually responsible and are considerate to other factions and players, that the new players look up to giving them hope to play more to get to that status in the game. I believe if you want to play with a wipe, most of us don't want that. We put in long hours to get where we are and are putting more to get further. Start a new character if you want a fresh start, dont brings us into it.

Try playing through 2 resets, especially the reset in 2014-15 that was a true wasteland experience, an assault rifle made you king for a week. I dont think you are a actual vocal minority but you kinda seem self-entitled with
Quote :
Start a new character if you want a fresh start, dont brings us into it.

My experience when i came back made me not want to play at all, everybody sounded a bit high and uppity and acting like jerks to eachother, especially that one kid in the Crimson Guard or something like that. That one experience turned me away from postnuke.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:05 am

It's not about starting fresh because of only boredom, it's about 50% of the population being abnormally rich, way more than they should be in an apocalypse. Hard plates used to go for like 850, now they go for like 300 of each.
Cheaper and easier isn't always better.
I used to love going on long scavenge runs with my rusty old yellow fire cracker, scraping the ground, looking for that precious scrap metal and even camping to survive the night.
Now you can go out for like 15 minutes and get like 250 of each with ease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: De Luca

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:18 am

In all fairness, then hardplate eco issue was caused by excessive conglo events. Because of that, giant storages are emptied and sold for jack shit to make money.

Aside from that, the power armor is then lowered due to the hardplates cost. I'm not complaining, just elaborating.

I'm for whatever really, just depends on the time from now until Resurgence but I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before.

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:21 am

we could just edit the economy but not wipe it. . .
Less Conglos, more resources to make things and less resources from scavenging/salvaging?

After I called the new Vault Girl tutorial avatar a whore.
Gyro Count: 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:15 pm

A reset would most likely lose more than a few of our veteran players, having played for years now I would not be happy to lose all of my stuff.

And it certainly isn't a question of boredom, as anyone can make a new character any time they want.

ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:25 pm

1.- Make easier to start, harder to progress.

2.- End.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Yeah I'm awaiting Resurgence too, its going to be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:57 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juicedtony

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:03 am

4 TL;DR crew: I'm new, didn't leave due to veterans or their inventories; Love server, food is expensive, hungry very fast.

I saw this post and since I've heard this from people before I thought I'd drop in my two cents as I'm relatively new to this community considering I'm not a 2+ years veteran... I've been on and about the server for about 2 months now and I've been pretty dedicated to it on my free-time; I love the fallout aspects as it brings something new to Garry's Mod in my opinion; I like to see it as a Fallout themed role-play server. Anyway, like i said I'm relatively new and when I joined I also saw all these people loaded with crap which seemed crazy but it didn't necessarily drive me away as I stayed and progressed through the motions and built up my own little pile of inventory, leveled up my skills, and all that other good stuff. I don't believe I would abandon the community if a reset were to occur, but I also don't love the idea either as I and many others have done hours of grinding to get to where we are economically, but I'm sure you all already know that. Lastly, I'm not trying to trigger anyone or argue this has just been my experience and are my thoughts on the matter...

One last thing I will add to this off topic in a way and I hope I don't upset anyone it's more of an issue I notice with new players I suppose; Hunger deteriorates at an alarming rate before you know it you're starving and since you're new you're caked unless you spend all the rss you've just gathered on food and that is depressing. It happened to me, true story.

inb4: kys.

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server   Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:23 pm

Oh the triggering thing was just a joke, don't worry about that sort of thing on here, constructive criticism and idea sharing is what a forum is for, after all!

Anyways, the whole reset is just something I've been mulling over in my head and the reason I want to do it is to make things more balanced. I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with it, but either way, I like the comment you make about hunger, No one has really complained about the hunger rate before, but I could see how it might drive away newer players. I could try re-balancing it or making it easier to get at least basic food for now, so thanks for that thought.
Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] Old PostnukeRP Server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next