HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Removal of Ban: The Trader [Expired]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How do you feel about the new case anim?
Its great!
33%
 33% [ 5 ]
Sucks
20%
 20% [ 3 ]
Theres a new animation?
33%
 33% [ 5 ]
Meh, dont care
13%
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Removal of Ban: The Trader [Expired]   Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:32 am

Server: Fallout: Decay

Your SteamID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018719204

Your RP Name: The Trader

Date of incident: 4/29/16

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 11 PMish

Time Zone: Central

Length of Ban: 3 days

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:
First of all, I want to say I dont really think a report is really needed, but some people on steam PM'd me saying it was, so I will.
So what happened was this: Nigga Singsong was at war with someone, he killed the guy he was at war with, and I sat on the case and said in mic "Stay away from the case" (I have witnesses to me saying this) After saying this and sitting on the case for a few moments because I knew nigga was going to attack the second I opened it, a guy named Salamander man opened it, and I killed him for it, but he took the resources. Nigga got pissed because of this and started walking forward, saying things like "Thats RDM" and "Stop storing shit in your vendor"(?) and whatnot. Eventually he got so close that I could not move in his direction, so I punched him. This really pissed him off and he tried to kill me for it, but I won that fight and got both of the cases. Someone else took Salamander's case. Anyhow, an admin reviewed this and thought it was wrong and made me refund the crowbar I took and gave me a three day ban. He (The admin in question) said that I could not kill him unless the new animation was being played, which I think it retarded because I grab things for my friends when they die, and it doesn't matter what gun they have if you get into that case and have the space, the items are yours. So its basically saying I cant do anything until AFTER he takes the case, which I think is bs. But anyway, I had said to stay away from the case in mic, had sat on the case, and had killed him when he got close. I dont see anything wrong with what I did, other than maybe not typing a warning, but thats only because I thought that rule was removed.

Edit: never did the poll thing before, wanted to test it out Razz

Yes Coront, shower me with group invites! All over!11!:

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nixinized

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban: The Trader [Expired]   Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 am

There is nothing in the rules stating that you may kill a player for standing next to a case, it's only allowed if they're looting it. In the past there have been some grey-areas regarding people standing next to them because you couldn't tell if they were in it or not, that's why the new animation was added. I said you killing Salamander was RDM because he was using an HL2 model and the animation did not work on him (I think Gerald is going to speak to the higher-ups about this issue) and I assumed you killed him for simply standing by. As for the "Stop storing shit in your vendor", I was saying that because there is a direct rule regarding this, even if it's just a 'joke' you refused to take it out even after I told you it was against the rules '[3] You can only place items in the vending machine that you actually intend to sell. You are not permitted to use the vending machine to store items, IE, Put oranges  in the machine and try to sell it for 1000 of each resource', but that is totally irrelevant and I don't know why that was brought up in this post. The items in the case ARE yours if you can manage to inventory them before you're killed, so I also don't know where the hell you're getting that from. You can make a bind like "Get away from the case or I'll kill you" or something along those lines, while it does put you at risk it is a valid text chat warning and I'm positive the staff of the server will allow you to kill someone who doesn't comply with this (even if it may not be in the rules for the time being, its a fair text warning and you'd be a numpty to still try and loot after being threatened.)  because it would be kind of bullshit if you couldn't do anything until they're taking their opportunity to get in the case and inventory all the loot. Also, there were several instances beforehand where you'd stand on top of the case and not attack me even when I was within looting range, but you decided that last time that it'd be a good idea. If you had the instinct not to do it the first few times, don't be stupid and do it the last time. Lastly, you tried to argue that this was a grey-area because it's not listed in the rules that you can kill without warning for being within loot range but that argument was bullshit because if that were the case they'd have to make an infinite amount of rules regarding things that you CANT be killed for, it's much easier to make rules about things you CAN be killed for. Thanks, but you deserve your ban.

TLDR; Your arguments are flawed, and your ban is deserved.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban: The Trader [Expired]   Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:05 am

I added a new animation for using cases. You've obviously demonstrated that you know about it with your poll, so you can't say "well I didn't KNOW there was an animation for it now".

So, if you know there's an animation for entering cases, you can't kill people unless you see them do that animation, it's as simple as that.

However, none of this applies if he was using a Half-Life 2/Gmod player models which Nixinized is implying, so in all honesty, if he was then I'm going to have to invalidate this ban as there's no way to tell if someone is looting a case if they're using a Half-Life 2 model (part of the reason they're disabled until I can get the fallout reversion to work).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Nixinized

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban: The Trader [Expired]   Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Bizz, this isn't about the guy using the HL2 model's death, that was legitimate. This is about what he did to me.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Removal of Ban: The Trader [Expired]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1