HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jwalker216

PostSubject: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:22 am

In-game Name: Jwalker

Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:58766678

Have you donated: (Not required but recommended): my tears

Where are you from/time zone: EST

How long have you played: since 2012 (4 years)

How did you hear about FF: (E.g. Friends: Admins: Other:) friends

How old are you: 17

Do you have a microphone: yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: (List names here) brig, Aesop, Alaska (old)

Have you played on any of our other servers: (List names here) just pn/fdecay

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why? (Do not lie about this, doing so can ruin your chance of getting moderator. If you cannot remember the reason, note this, and we will look through our logs to find out.): once for three days for gloating a kill(we used the dance animation in a sit), any other time I've been banned was an accident and I was instantly unbanned (Ie: gnomp banned me once thinking I was silent)

Why you wish to be Moderator: I've been playing for a long time and would like to take on a new responsibility. I'm also interested in providing useful insight to player conflicts.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: many people would agree that I am very fair and nice to people out of character. Even though some may not be fond of me due to some of my in character actions, I do not feel my chances of being considered for this position should be hurt. This is especially true considering I follow the rules and understand them fully (my ban record and lack of conflict with admins in the past four years backs this up)

Anything else you want to add: nothing further to add thanks for reading. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentGhost

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:24 am

+1 not biased

RadioactivePanda
1000th User!

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:38 am

-/+ Get to know more of the admins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.15.21:21045/
Wolven
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 am

-1 My gut tells me too, no hard feelings man. I trust my guts more than anyone else.

[i]"I've been asked, how our story ends. But how can it. How can we possible find resolution after so much has happened. The war is over, but the fires , burn on and in time, our voyage will become history and our action will become a legend. The chapters, that we have written are part of a greater act. As we depart our separate ways, we return to friends and to family. We would return home. The sun rises, welcoming us as a new day begins. But victory is not achieved without sacrifice. We leave behind wreathes of our journey. They were lost, so that we may prevail. Yet, even as we lose all else, we retain hope, that our sacrifice were for a purpose. And that others will live on to remember them. The stories continue is because... it is the combination of many. Every character gives and takes of them. It help shape and change it. The choices we make we ensure it's immortality. Our adventure maybe over, but our stories live on through everyone we shared with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:18 am

Feedback appreciated but would you be able to give me more feedback than just your gut feeling?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piko

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:41 am

-1 Sorry, but I don't think you will fit as a mod yet and couple reasons. However I'm just saying this as a respectful player.

#1. I haven't seen you in the server much which might effect you if you're not on the server and helping people as a mod in the future, but playing a different game or something else expect Fallout Decay.

#2. Today I saw you disrespecting the admin which she was actually figuring out the problem between you and this "Emili" (Sorry can't remember his full name) character which was a misunderstanding about you two playing around, but I know you weren't playing around and serious about it and killing him for "THREAT". Plus you were kind of overacting in front of the admin too. I don't think disrespecting/overacting a admin while she was figuring out the issue from that case won't support your mod app.

#3.
This is especially true considering I follow the rules and understand them fully (my ban record and lack of conflict with admins in the past four years backs this up) wrote:
I'm not really sure if you have been following the rules carefully, but you had couple "oops" on your mistakes. However I fear that might also effect your mod in the future and even be a problem for the FF community too.

However JWalker I wish you good luck.

-Piko
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:50 am

As far as the admin sit today i said a few times that i was not mad at her but was trying to understand the situation. I do have the video if that helps and would like to bring attention that Making an exception for another player shouldn't be allowed in the first place (kelly revived and kept the players case out of reach after we killed him for insulting me). And to be honest I believe this situation even furthers my case about understanding the rules. As far as disrespecting the admin i can assure you I didnt mean to offend or be rude (if i was) I was just confused as to why people are allowed to get their stuff back just by simply saying they were "messing around" after insulting anyone. If that were the case anyone could make fun of anyone and say it was a joke and demand refunds (see the problem?). Anyways thanks for the feedback
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piko

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:10 am

Jwalker216 wrote:
As far as the admin sit today i said a few times that i was not mad at her but was trying to understand the situation. I do have the video if that helps and would like to bring attention that Making an exception for another player shouldn't be allowed in the first place (kelly revived and kept the players case out of reach after we killed him for insulting me). And to be honest I believe this situation even furthers my case about understanding the rules. As far as disrespecting the admin i can assure you I didnt mean to offend or be rude (if i was) I was just confused as to why people are allowed to get their stuff back just by simply saying they were "messing around" after insulting anyone. If that were the case anyone could make fun of anyone and say it was a joke and demand refunds (see the problem?). Anyways thanks for the feedback

Well I will respect for proof, but between you and the staff you shouldn't be overacting that the person's case was up in the sky since you killed him over "THREAT" or "INSULTS" because, she wanted to get to the bottom of this (making sure it was legal) which is great for admins to do and you understand that you don't want any admins to turn their heads to the other way and thinking it's nothing. Well honestly everyone will talk crap to each other and no one will attack without a warning, but I didn't hear you give him a warning or even give a text warning about it (Which I might see in the video about it). However to my thoughts....I thought you guys were screwing around and you even made a accent in front of him and everyone which it was a "joke" to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 am

+1, A 4 year veteran, and would be the first Bandit Moderator.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:34 am

Rev wrote:
+1, A 4 year veteran, and would be the first Bandit Moderator.
I don't think that'd be true, actually..

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxic Impulse
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:34 am

+1

Would be very interesting. You've been around for a long, LONG time. Besides the fact if you ARE a raider type then it'd be nice to have somebody around that can see things from that perspective. At the very least get a chance if all of these newer players are as well.

But that's my two cents

Last edited by Toxic Impulse on Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I dun goofed the spelling)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:25 am

Cmon man why not list me as an Admin nobody ever does it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:20 pm

ahugeabruceofpower wrote:
Cmon man why not list me as an Admin nobody ever does it

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: (List names here) ahugeabruceofpower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 pm

There's never been and never will be an admin that doesn't screw up from time to time. Similar the fact that there will probably never be an admin that isn't biased. The whole ranking system is fundamentally constructed solely based on popular opinion. You could be the best damn admin this server's ever seen, but if people don't like you, or just don't care, you won't get that promotion.

We like to think that administration is completely by-the-book. It's not, it's subjective. It requires interpreting of the rules. It requires you to make concessions with players. It requires you to make sacrifices. It requires you to be social. Bias is innate. It's not any of the staff's job to not be bias, it's the staff's job to keep bias to a minimal extent. If your friend got in trouble; someone in your faction, and you're an admin. You're not supposed to handle the situation. Let another admin who isn't do it. So if anyone has an issue with Jwalker not punishing his buddies in the Golden Cross if they ever got in trouble. Don't worry, he can't do that anyway. Another staff member would have to do it.

Here's what I know about Jwalker, he meets all of the prerequisites and he's been here longer than pretty much everyone currently playing. He assumes the role of a character that's rough around the edges, but that's just what it is, a role. Nothing more nothing less. The dude's not a dick outside of the game, get a chance to talk to him in TS.

I was actually an asshole before I got staff, but they gave me a chance anyway. I say give Jwalker the same opportunity.

He might make mistakes, but I can guarantee he won't knowingly abuse his power.

+1

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks guys for your support, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:42 pm

+1 support very serious player when it comes to the rules. And I think with a little bit of work he would be an awesome moderator or possibly even more!

Aesop

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Sun May 01, 2016 10:55 pm

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application    Mon May 02, 2016 1:09 am

-1 You's a fool, haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied]Jwalker216 moderator application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1