HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 4:04 am

In-game Name: Charles Matthews/Wilhelm Vonstuben

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:36930418

Have you donated: Yes.

Where are you from/time zone: EST, east coast.

How long have you played: I have played postnuke for 3 years.

How did you hear about FF: I use to play on TBU a lot and one day my very close friend and I thought we would try out Frostburnt. Back when it was labeled PostnukeRP.

How old are you: 14

Do you have a microphone: Yes.

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: I know Chacon, Chess, Brigadier General Bacon, Coront, WaranDally, Crucible, Elder Leon Price, Aesop, Techlord, Mike Nespo, Folding Freeman, Biggie Smalls, Naomi Hawkeye, Toxic, Kathrine, MisterMooMoo, George, Elias, Kayla.

Have you played on any of our other servers: I played on TTT back when it was up and aesop's minecraft server aswell.

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why?: I've been banned for 1 day before for RDMx1 because of a misunderstanding with a raid that I did on a building in town. I've also been banned WAY back in the day by Ameno for building a base that wasn't within the rules. I've been 7 day banned before because there was a huge misunderstanding and I ended up killing 2 people and it after a day of looking over it the admins deemed it invalid. I have never been banned permanently.

Why you wish to be Moderator: I feel like I need to do more than come on and be a regular. I've been playing on the server for a long time and I want to be able to help the staff out. I want to be able to make sure that the server is clear of rule breakers. I know that PNRP can already be stressful enough for some people and I want to make sure that nothing adds to the stress that has to do with rules being broken. I feel like I know the rules enough and that I'm ready to give it a shot!

What can you offer for us as a Moderator: I will try to be the first one to respond to an admin sit ALWAYS! I will do my absolute best to always be there for the staff and community! I will be sure to stay calm in admin sits and get the situation finished and resolved. I will not be afraid to ask for help, however I will also not be afraid to handle things on my own. I will make sure to do things right and if I don't I will willingly accept any feedback from other staff or any punishment if it comes to that. I will try to be as mature as possible because I'm a younger player on the server. I will try to compromise in any disagreement with any staff members or other players. Overall, you can expect my best performance on the server as a moderator or staff member in general. I also do not plan on taking another long break anytime soon so you can expect lots of playtime from me as well. Another big thing I WILL NOT BE BIASED IN ADMIN SITS! EVERY PLAYER IS EQUAL AND EVERY PLAYER DESERVES EQUAL TREATMENT!  

Anything else you want to add: I know I've had past conflicts and people may already have a bad image of me. However, we've all changed a lot since those conflicts. I believe that now I am ready to do more than just play on the server.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by Chris Strongdale on Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:43 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 7:00 am

I think Charles should be staff, as he seems a lot more responsible now and we could use another staff member that is centered around his style of play, so we can understand some sits better than more of our more peaceful play type staff members. +1 from myself.

Last edited by Warandally on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 7:34 am

After hangin around this spicy meatball for the past 3 years no. . . . .  -1 spicy meatball

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 2:04 pm

+/- While we do need more staff members in bandit factions, I still feel like there would be better applicants than Charles.
I'll play with him a bit more and see how he goes.

EDIT: Knows the rules and is mature. +support

Last edited by Bill Andrews on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 3:36 pm

+1 I am going to be inactive for a bit so I won't be able to make a decision with more time for a bit but from what I've seen you might be good as staff however I have seen you whine and complain like a child in a few situations and if you can refrain from doing this in the future you'll have my support. The "we need more staff in raider factions" is completely understandable and I can see how it might help but I think we need to be careful on who we take in because the few staff who ARE in raider factions have had some pretty abusive reports that I won't go into. Anyways I hope you don't make me regret supporting you, if you even are accepted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ahugeabruceofpower
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 4:12 pm

hey you're 14? what a little baby -3 dollars
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 5:39 pm

+1 Charles is a nice respectable person he would be good for mod Wink

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 pm

+1 Hes understandable chill, my past -1 was a joke

Last edited by Yummy on Tue May 10, 2016 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolven
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 09, 2016 11:07 pm

I want to say give it a try, if you think you can be unbiased in sits go for it, and prove it to us than just saying "I WILL NOT BE BIASED IN ADMIN SITS! EVERY PLAYER IS EQUAL AND EVERY PLAYER DESERVES EQUAL TREATMENT!" +1 from me.

P.S. Amen to that by the way

[i]"I've been asked, how our story ends. But how can it. How can we possible find resolution after so much has happened. The war is over, but the fires , burn on and in time, our voyage will become history and our action will become a legend. The chapters, that we have written are part of a greater act. As we depart our separate ways, we return to friends and to family. We would return home. The sun rises, welcoming us as a new day begins. But victory is not achieved without sacrifice. We leave behind wreathes of our journey. They were lost, so that we may prevail. Yet, even as we lose all else, we retain hope, that our sacrifice were for a purpose. And that others will live on to remember them. The stories continue is because... it is the combination of many. Every character gives and takes of them. It help shape and change it. The choices we make we ensure it's immortality. Our adventure maybe over, but our stories live on through everyone we shared with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 12:52 am

Piko wrote:
-1 I want to say I agree with Yummy's statement that he sometimes have random out bursts.

However I won't accept him to be a staff I mean not for being young or being a raider character which of course we do need since Fallout World is not always peace. I'm only talking about his "SKILLS". For example he has the skills to talk with one of the players which is great to have for staffs to communication with players, but he did't handle some players opinions/common sense and even call them idiots (retards) which I don't think it will be good for a staff to do during adminsit or even help players that are new. Honestly that will make the community look bad if you ever do that in the future as a staff.

Plus you even denied Katherine's help and your reason that you believe Katherine supports LSC side all the time expect everyone's side which I find it outrage and very disrespectful. Katherine doesn't support LSC, but supporting equal rights to all players during the adminsit. However I will give a little respect that you want to hear a different opinion, but your statement to Katherine was very disrespectful.

I believe you're not ready and wait until you have the right requirements to be a staff for the community. However you should be teach by old staffs and maybe you will get special tips while waiting in the future.

LOL.

Alright, two things. First, quit white-knighting, bro. I think he can handle himself if some cock-nugget decides he wants to throw some verbal shit his way. He doesn't have the constitution of a hairless rabbit. Also, it's kind of an unwritten code that if you're an admin in a faction, you're not supposed to sit with members of your faction for the sake of keeping bias to a minimum. So what Anchorman asked wasn't all that outlandish or disrespectful. However, I do agree with you that Kathrine wouldn't be bias, as he's sat with his fellow faction members a number of times, and the way he conducted them was very impartial.

Second, while I do agree that one should be tolerant of dissent no matter how much the person agrees/disagrees. I do not care for the notion that it should always be "respected". And when I say that, I mean if a staff member decides to get a little crass and throw some "swear" words at the rule breakers, then he should be allowed to, and that shouldn't affect whether he/she'd be fit for staff. I did it all the time. If some minge was there solely to piss me and the victim off. I'd kill him, give his case out, and insult him. This is a gaming community. The standards of how a staff "should act" aren't very high, and they shouldn't be. Should the staff member be attentive, yes. Should they know the rules, yes. Should they know the community, yes. Should they be understanding, yes. Should they act in professionalism? Sure, they can, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

Even with all that being said. I can't give this a support. I'm sorry, Anchorman, you were too late to the moderator adorning party. You're a good guy, I would've liked to see you as one. But I feel there are simply too many staff right now. We won't have a player base if new moderators keep getting promoted. -1

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 1:38 am

opsan got it pretty right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 3:00 am

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Opsan I really do appreciate your honesty and I support your opinion. I thought about making an application earlier, but I didn't think I could handle it. I felt that I wasn't responsible enough at the time. However, now I feel that I can handle moderator. For everyone else who said that I burst sometimes I'm not going to say that I don't. But I also don't feel like BURST is the appropriate term at all! I don't feel like arguing that because then there will be a gigantic flame war and I don't want to deal with it at all.

Another thing, I don't expect a promotion to admin if I even get mod. I will be perfectly fine with waiting and actually earning admin. If I get offered a promotion 2 weeks into being a moderator I WILL NOT accept it. Even though that probably won't happen and I might not even get moderator WHO KNOWS?! I need to stay where I'm comfortable. That way I can give it my all and do whats best for the community. I don't want to go 1-100 real quick. I WILL work my way up!

Nixinized

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 3:58 am

-1 I know that you don't fully understand the rules, as I've witnessed you break them or condone the breaking of them. Also, personally I don't think you'd handle cases fairly, I'm sure you'd cave in to the pressure with your besties gathered around after they've done something wrong while you flip through the rules trying to find whatever loophole or whatever you can find to get them out of trouble. Too edgy and too pleb-y. As of recent events you also seem to have some defiance issues.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Piko

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 6:12 am

Opsan wrote:
Piko wrote:
-1 I want to say I agree with Yummy's statement that he sometimes have random out bursts.

However I won't accept him to be a staff I mean not for being young or being a raider character which of course we do need since Fallout World is not always peace. I'm only talking about his "SKILLS". For example he has the skills to talk with one of the players which is great to have for staffs to communication with players, but he did't handle some players opinions/common sense and even call them idiots (retards) which I don't think it will be good for a staff to do during adminsit or even help players that are new. Honestly that will make the community look bad if you ever do that in the future as a staff.

Plus you even denied Katherine's help and your reason that you believe Katherine supports LSC side all the time expect everyone's side which I find it outrage and very disrespectful. Katherine doesn't support LSC, but supporting equal rights to all players during the adminsit. However I will give a little respect that you want to hear a different opinion, but your statement to Katherine was very disrespectful.

I believe you're not ready and wait until you have the right requirements to be a staff for the community. However you should be teach by old staffs and maybe you will get special tips while waiting in the future.

LOL.

Alright, two things. First, quit white-knighting, bro. I think he can handle himself if some cock-nugget decides he wants to throw some verbal shit his way. He doesn't have the constitution of a hairless rabbit. Also, it's kind of an unwritten code that if you're an admin in a faction, you're not supposed to sit with members of your faction for the sake of keeping bias to a minimum. So what Anchorman asked wasn't all that outlandish or disrespectful. However, I do agree with you that Kathrine wouldn't be bias, as he's sat with his fellow faction members a number of times, and the way he conducted them was very impartial.

Second, while I do agree that one should be tolerant of dissent no matter how much the person agrees/disagrees. I do not care for the notion that it should always be "respected". And when I say that, I mean if a staff member decides to get a little crass and throw some "swear" words at the rule breakers, then he should be allowed to, and that shouldn't affect whether he/she'd be fit for staff. I did it all the time. If some minge was there solely to piss me and the victim off. I'd kill him, give his case out, and insult him. This is a gaming community. The standards of how a staff "should act" aren't very high, and they shouldn't be. Should the staff member be attentive, yes. Should they know the rules, yes. Should they know the community, yes. Should they be understanding, yes. Should they act in professionalism? Sure, they can, but it shouldn't be a requirement.

Even with all that being said. I can't give this a support. I'm sorry, Anchorman, you were too late to the moderator adorning party. You're a good guy, I would've liked to see you as one. But I feel there are simply too many staff right now. We won't have a player base if new moderators keep getting promoted. -1

Honestly not sure why my comment has been removed like 4 times now in this thread, but strange... Razz

Anyway two things:

First, I would not call myself a "White-Knight" when it comes to someone making a statement that a player is randomly accusing a admin for taking a faction side which I find it very silly and that would totally mean that every staff will take faction sides expect everyone, but I'm not really saying that all admins are doing that. And that's fine if it wasn't disrespectful, but he should've said something different like "No thank you Katherine, but I would like to hear a different opinion from a different admin". Now that would be better don't you agree? And for rule-breakers that will act like dicks in server or during adminsit then yes you are right that he can talk shit at them.

Second, that's great you believe he can handle it, but what I'm trying to say is that he might not listen very carefully to players and staffs since last month ago he was supporting someone that came back from one year and already broke a rule (False Hit) on the MOTD and didn't really follow up on the rules when he join, but Charles still supports it. I mean Charles didn't like what I said about the guy's punishment (my opinion by the way) that he should get 1-2 days from that and he disagrees and saying "he shouldn't get punish for that and 1-2 days is too long too". And I pretty much explain that if someone had died from a false hit, lost all the gear (plus resources) and no punishment then that would not be fair at all and that poor player died over nothing and getted looted by someone and no refund. So I continue explaining that two days is not really long, but aleast is not perma ban and when I was trying to finish my side then he cuts it off and continues saying "He should'nt get punish for that though" and I decided to ask him this "Do you think he should read the MOTD in the first place since he was gone for one year?" and he change the subject and saying "It happens to everyone and thinking it's the same MOTD" and I continue asking him "So you think it's okay for everyone to not read the MOTD while they were gone for one year and break a rule?" then he outburst at me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 5:56 pm

I have to agree with piko on that. Charles along with many of the other raiders on the server always seem to assume I am against them without even hearing my ruling on a situation and this is very annoying. It would make things nicer if you could simply ask for more staff in the sit politely, I even prefer more staff in sits. I get headaches when I get called to a sit and as soon as I arrive someone is immediately saying I am biased or that I'm out to get one side into trouble(FUBAR pretty much does this in all of my sits). This is rediculous as I have had to punish multiple people from my own faction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEixilimar
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 10, 2016 9:56 pm

This little squeaker is kind of weird I'd say no to the mod cause I never see the damn man anymore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Wed May 11, 2016 12:47 am

Totally Aexilmar. You don't even deserve your name spelt correctly. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 30, 2016 6:15 am

+1 Charles knows the rules very well he has been playing for a very long time now and I feel that it would be nice to have a bandit as a MOD lol even though that doesnt matter of course Razz ! but I strongly think he deserves a shot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Mon May 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Nespo just shot a stim into a dying thread.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Tue May 31, 2016 6:45 pm

Necro Nespo.

Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:47 am

+1 Charles knows the rules well and respects other players. He is unbiased and wqill enforce the rules as hes supposed to
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:34 am

So, seeing as there's apparently less staff running around. +1

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:52 am

+1, same thing what Waran said, he could be a good staff member or at least deserves a chance.

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEixilimar
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:21 am

+1, on a unrelated note just found he is Charles matthews..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™   Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:09 pm

Charles is a pretty cool guy to talk to meeting him, haven't seen him lose his temper while playing with him. Plus, it would help to have a staff member that focuses more on the PvP aspects like Fade. +1
Back to top Go down

[Denied] Moderator Application: Anchorman™
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next