HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Renderix

PostSubject: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Wed May 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Time frame: Unspecific, I've had this issue for a while now.

Description: Alright, so I've had this issue for a good bit where my game has a sort of cluster of what I like to call frame drops, but would more accurately be described as complete lag. I have random periods where I have absolutely zero frames, somewhere between 400-800 ping, and audio lag/looping. Now, I'm confident this is a system issue, but I thought I would check on the forums to see if they know about this issue, or have it. I'm not quite sure how to recreate it.

There is an error that spams my console after I've 'recovered' from the sudden frame drop.

[ERROR]
 1. unknown - [C]:-1

Error in hook PostDrawOpaqueRenderables: addons/bizz_melee_3_fallout/lua/autorun/sh_pnrp_modelanimcore.lua:1596: table index is nil
stack traceback:
addons/bizz_melee_3_fallout/lua/autorun/sh_pnrp_modelanimcore.lua:1596: in function 'ApplySkinSubMats'
addons/bizz_melee_3_fallout/lua/autorun/client/cl_fo_plydraw.lua:194: in function 'DrawExtraParts'
addons/bznpc/lua/entities/nextbot_bizzclaw_base/shared.lua:76: in function 'DrawCharacterParts'
addons/bznpc/lua/entities/nextbot_bizzclaw_base/shared.lua:146: in function 'fn'
addons/ulib/lua/ulib/shared/hook.lua:110: in function
[C]: in function '‌‎​‬‪‭'

If anyone could give any insight on what causes this, that would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEixilimar
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 12, 2016 1:40 am

Nothing you can fix on your end just have to wait for bizz not to be so lazy and actually start fixing rather then adding
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 12, 2016 9:36 am

I've added a fallback for that error so it shouldn't happen. I'll investigate it some more, but if it's truly something random and there's no steps to reproduce it, I'm not sure how confidently I can say I can fix it. I'll still try, so let me know if it continues to happen now that I've added the fallback because hopefully that will fix it.

Thank you for taking the time to report a bug. I try to fix as many bugs as I can, but the fact of the matter is I don't really know about a lot of bugs most of the time, even when most of the server knows about it because no one reports them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I've added a fallback for that error so it shouldn't happen. I'll investigate it some more, but if it's truly something random and there's no steps to reproduce it, I'm not sure how confidently I can say I can fix it. I'll still try, so let me know if it continues to happen now that I've added the fallback because hopefully that will fix it.

Thank you for taking the time to report a bug. I try to fix as many bugs as I can, but the fact of the matter is I don't really know about a lot of bugs most of the time, even when most of the server knows about it because no one reports them.

I'm still having them. I'm not sure when, but I think I've started having this issue the day before yesterday to today.

I'm having them as we speak, and it shows the same script error. I'm thinking it could be something to do with conglomerates, but it really could just be anything at this point.

A detail I forgot to mention is on top of all the effects, my first person POV loves to rotate in random degrees.

Edit: Also, it appears to happen when I make any eratic movement, such as sprinting and jumping or turning around fast. I've never had this issue for the seven months I've been on here, so I really have no clue what could be causing this. I have also manually downloaded the content from the workshop, so I don't think it's anything to do with that. It could be an issue with view bobbing or something. It also appears that it happens just as I leave the stairwell out of spawn on Postnuke Metro Dry.

The most frustrating thing about this is whenever I have just entered combat, and it occurs. I likely die when I have no way of changing how the outcome is. It has already happened once.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 12, 2016 5:05 pm

The fix hasn't applied yet because the map hasn't changed/reloaded.
Also, the view spazzing out is related to low framerate, so it's natural that would happen when you're getting this issue. It's part of FAS2, so switch to keys to avoid it.

When looking at the code, a possible cause for this could be someone using a Model that doesn't exist for you, but you already said you manually downloaded the content, so that shouldn't be an issue. Still, have you seen anyone walking around as an error? Maybe a Half-Life 2 model?
Back to top Go down
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 12, 2016 5:50 pm

No, I see everybodys models just fine, I have pac 3 disabled, and I think I only have the Half life episode 1 or 2 content. One or the other.

Manly Tears suggested it was a hardware issue and that it's because my computer is overheating.

While my computer has always been overheating while playing, I went to low performance to cool it down, and once it was cool, I went to regular performance. It seems to fix the problem temporarily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Fri May 13, 2016 5:06 pm

No, I know the cause of the issue and it's been fixed. Server just has to change/reload to apply it. (which by now I'm sure it has)
Back to top Go down
Renderix

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 19, 2016 5:21 am

I actually still have it, but it's really in minor spikes occasionally. I know the cause of it, which seems to be stress on the CPU while it's very warm/hot, so I would consider it fixed I suppose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up   Thu May 19, 2016 6:06 am

My frames die on some maps lol it sucks
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Bug] Frame drop/Freezing up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1