server:Fallout:Decay serious RP server
Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:49091453
Your RPname:Marco,The Deep-Strider
Their SteamID:i haven't found out
Their RPname:Jwalker
Date of Incident:5/23/16
Time of incident:5:22 PM
Time Zone:Arizona time zone
Well basically, my friend David was telling Jwalker that the gas station on Postnukemetro_dry was considered a bar and that since he wasn't a cultivator he was in direct violation of the Basing rule(section C,paragraph 1):Bars or other sections of the map that could pass as bars are only allowed to be owned by cultivators and must be public. (You may charge a max of 10 resources for admission. If you charge more, you can be raided.). David also said that although the base was public,Jwalker was KOS-ing people who walked inside, and he wasn't even using it,which is breaking the rules of exploiting(section L,paragraph 5): You may not own a building and put a KOS over it if you are not actually using it as a base. You must be actively using it for a KOS to be placed.  No "I go in every 20 minutes" shit. Not to mention that there wasn't any warning sign saying "KOS if you enter". i dont have screenshots but i was there and i can personally vouch for David.

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Mon May 23, 2016 7:34 pm

[quote=
Bars or other sections of the map that could pass as bars are only allowed to be owned by cultivators and must be public.
[/quote]
I forgot to add that one of my other friends Nolan, has used the gas station as a bar and i consider it a bar

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Mon May 23, 2016 8:41 pm

You can own any door on the map, i did. I didn't call it a bar/cafe of any sort and did not sell any food, just for scamming random people (my profession). So have a nice day on frostburnt foundation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 pm

Also KOS was valid, i was using the base for scamming and there was a sign saying do not enter, KOS. I removed the sign and stoped KOSing sometime midday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Mon May 23, 2016 8:44 pm

I am going to go ahead and look into this.

Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Hey, if you have proof that the building he used was a bar, or that he wasn't in his base most of the time. You're good to go Ghostly. Otherwise, presumption of innocence and all that.

Also, that bar rule was implemented when the map was the original cs_desert half the time. The staff had real trouble moderating that one building with the fire place in it, so there was a rule made so that only cultivators could own it. Solved so many issues.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 2:05 pm

The gas station can be used for many things, however after discussing it with multiple other staff members, we agree that is could be considered a bar.

And Jwalker, when he says it can only be owned by cultivators he means the structure itself can only be owned by cultivators.

HOWEVER, since it is a gas station and not necessarily a bar there is still much debating to be done. I am going to talk to a couple more staff members before I make a decision on this report.

Fade Attano
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 2:35 pm

A gas station and bar are two different words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Is it really a gas station, or is it a honky tonk?

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 5:09 pm

Crucible wrote:
The gas station can be used for many things, however after discussing it with multiple other staff members, we agree that is could be considered a bar.

And Jwalker, when he says it can only be owned by cultivators he means the structure itself can only be owned by cultivators.

HOWEVER, since it is a gas station and not necessarily a bar there is still much debating to be done. I am going to talk to a couple more staff members before I make a decision on this report.

Why not just extend the rule to include any building with a counter built into it? (Which mind you is a very small percentage of buildings)

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jwalker216

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 5:18 pm

but why would wastelands not be allowed to own buildings with counters? Some players may want to make an armor shop. I just dont understand why its such a big deal for non cultivators to own a building as long as they're not using it as a cafe. But regardless the person who posted this had no problem with me owning it in the first place untill i scammed him. Personally i feel this report isnt about me breaking the rules (which I dont beleive i did) and rather personal revenge for an RP situation. Thats just my two cents
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 5:28 pm

Jwalker216 wrote:
but why would wastelands not be allowed to own buildings with counters? Some players may want to make an armor shop. I just dont understand why its such a big deal for non cultivators to own a building as long as they're not using it as a cafe. But regardless the person who posted this had no problem with me owning it in the first place untill i scammed him. Personally i feel this report isnt about me breaking the rules (which I dont beleive i did) and rather personal revenge for an RP situation. Thats just my two cents

Honestly, I'm just trying to reach some sort of middle-ground. Like I said:

Shit I said wrote:
that bar rule was implemented when the map was the original cs_desert half the time. The staff had real trouble moderating that one building with the fire place in it, so there was a rule made so that only cultivators could own it.

The only fireplace was the one in the bar on that map, and it became a real issue with people preventing access to it. Honestly, now I think this rule should just be removed. If the staff don't want that, then maybe they could consider my idea with the counters.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 5:32 pm

Jwalker216 wrote:
i feel this report isnt about me breaking the rules (which I dont beleive i did) and rather personal revenge for an RP situation
well i did post this on David's Behalf, and i don't mean to call you out for the RP, it's just that that rule is kinda what made this player report exist

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Using the bar other than selling drinks or food is against the rules...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 7:39 pm

okay,but i think we need a staff member's judgement, and since this is debatable, i feel that what you are saying ,telion,is little help,no offense

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaveyWavey

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Tue May 24, 2016 9:12 pm

The only reason I wanted something to be done about this, was because I've seen lots of people owning bars and buildings that COULD pass as bars and they weren't even cultivators. And they were making them private/never using them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.com
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Wed May 25, 2016 7:27 am

Just make a fucking duplication or use 2 props in a house to make a counter.
The only reason anyone would complain because of this is just to complain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Wed May 25, 2016 9:31 am

Opsan wrote:
Crucible wrote:

Why not just extend the rule to include any building with a counter built into it? (Which mind you is a very small percentage of buildings)

That is what I am considering to bring up next staff meeting.

Crucible
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player report on Jwalker   Wed May 25, 2016 9:32 am

Opsan wrote:
Jwalker216 wrote:

Honestly, I'm just trying to reach some sort of middle-ground. Like I said:

Shit I said wrote:
that bar rule was implemented when the map was the original cs_desert half the time. The staff had real trouble moderating that one building with the fire place in it, so there was a rule made so that only cultivators could own it.

The only fireplace was the one in the bar on that map, and it became a real issue with people preventing access to it. Honestly, now I think this rule should just be removed. If the staff don't want that, then maybe they could consider my idea with the counters.

The removal of the rule is another possibility

[Denied] Player report on Jwalker
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1