HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaungy

PostSubject: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Server:Fallout Decay

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:59603295

Your RP Name: Daniel Wilson Da Luca's Son The Dinkster

Date of incident: 5/16/16

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 6:45

Time Zone: Eastern

Length of Ban: 20 Days NOW PERM

Info: I was banned for a new method of baiting and all I did was. Hold it up to them saying there name. I had no clue this wasn't allowed because people did that to me as well and they never got in trouble and an admin even said it was okay. I dont know why I am banned for this. But its ridiculous. Becuase everyone told me nothing if it was wrong. Now I am banned perm idk wtf is going on. MANY people have done this and I dont know why I am the only one banned for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nixinized

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:23 pm

[4] You witness a player steal (or attempt to steal) something that clearly belongs to you (you can't just drop some random item int he middle of the wasteland and snipe people who go near it). If the stolen thing is a suitcase, however, you must witness them performing the suitcase looting animation before killing them.

Really, if he's walking around with something in his grav gun is it not obvious enough that it belongs to him? For instance, if I didn't have the inventory space for a mk1 and I had to carry it around with my grav gun to get to a safe space and someone steals it, I can kill them for blatantly stealing from me. The way Daniel was doing it was the same thing he had seen MANY other people do and not get in trouble for it, he's baiting people just like the dozens of others that have used this and got off scott-free. I really don't think the staff have been treating Gaungy fairly, he has obviously been targeted to be punished for whatever the fuck could possibly be determined wrong. There is nothing saying that he has to warn anyone if they take it, so if that's what this is about, that part of the rule got removed a while back. Seriously, if he's holding something in his grav gun and someone takes/eats it, they're completely aware of what they're doing. Now, Gaungy, I see how saying their name may mislead them but you really weren't verbally offering it to them for free, it's a very loose and risky act to take the item. I've personally witnessed a dozen different people doing this baiting method and not I haven't heard anything about them being banned, just Gaungy. Gaungy has learned from his previous bans and hasn't continued any of the micspammy shit that he used to do, which shows he actually values playing on this server. I think it's kinda fucked that some of you guys really don't treat him fairly, probably for the reason that he's a lot younger. Like I said before, so many people have done this and staff members have turned the other cheek, if Gaungy sees that so many people are doing this and no one is being punished, is it really his fault for thinking this is okay? Just think about it.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Thankyou nix and no. I did not leave stuff in the wasteland I had it in my grav gun.

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Nixinized wrote:
For instance, if I didn't have the inventory space for a mk1 and I had to carry it around with my grav gun to get to a safe space and someone steals it, I can kill them for blatantly stealing from me..

Also, I know this isn't exactly what he was doing, he was using this to bait people. There is nothing against this specific behavior in the rules, which we obviously base our actions off of so we DON'T get banned.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Nix is bae thankyou

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Think through your implications. Actually, I think you were, you just wanted to kill people.

Nixinized wrote:
There is nothing against this specific behavior in the rules specific behavior.

There's a common sense clause for a reason. We don't have the time nor space to cover every single scenario in the rules. The action was a clear attempt at circumventing rules listed under sub-section L, so the ban should still remain.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:54 pm

No ospan your wrong. You cant say what I am doing. You are not my brain.

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 6:56 pm

Ospan another thing. You are retired you act like an admin. But your not

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Gaungy wrote:

Irrelevant. If players can spout their two cents, then I should be able to as well.

Gaungy wrote:
No ospan your wrong. You cant say what I am doing. You are not my brain.

What was your intention then?

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Ospan your kinda annyoing

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Im just gonna see how this is gonna go I am not gonna argue no more its worthless

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 7:36 pm

So I'm confused. I preformed that action about twice now. so I will be perma-banned or?...

GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 7:45 pm

Gaungy wrote:
He's a retiree, meaning he has the experience to say this or that or place judgement of his own upon your actions

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:05 pm

ThisIsTheLastOne wrote:
So I'm confused. I preformed that action about twice now. so I will be perma-banned or?...

This is what I mean when I say so many people have been doing this with no consequences, that's why Daniel thought he was safe to do it.

jimmypau wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaveyWavey

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:09 pm

I've seen other people do this before, and they've yet to be banned. So I believe Gaungy shouldn't have been banned for this, considering other people who have done the same thing haven't been punished.

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Ok off with ospan. You guys understand noone has gotten in trouble and I have had an admin tell me this is legal why am I banned it makes no sense

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:19 pm

i support you,daniel, no matter what.people have done this before, with no punishment given. yet you do it, and its a perma-ban. i smell something fishy going on.

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks Ghost really appreciated Smile

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:44 pm

I watched the video on your other post, and you killed Quentin Wilda for insulting you once over LOOC. And you didn't even warn him to stop insulting you. So while I believe your ban shouldn't be perm, I don't believe your ban should be lifted just yet. And if you weren't banned for killing him, you should be. Seeing how it's an invalid kill.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Ever hear of two wrongs don't make a right? Guess not. And when held up to the staff's scrutiny, they deemed this messed. Have you ever considered that maybe they were not notified of past instances?

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nixinized

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 10:04 pm

Opsan wrote:
Ever hear of two wrongs don't make a right? Guess not. And when held up to the staff's scrutiny, they deemed this messed. Have you ever considered that maybe they were not notified of past instances?

As actively as I've seen this being done, I highly doubt that other staff members didn't see any of this.

jimmypau wrote:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Tue May 24, 2016 10:27 pm

I got baited last night for this.
Back to top Go down
RadioactivePanda
1000th User!

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Wed May 25, 2016 3:58 am

There's a fine line between baiting.. and exploiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/8.6.15.21:21045/
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Wed May 25, 2016 4:47 am

But I wasnt exploiting I was using the method like everyone else

PostSubject: Re: Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]   Wed May 25, 2016 4:49 am

Have you ever considered that maybe they were not notified of past instances?[/quote]

As actively as I've seen this being done, I highly doubt that other staff members didn't see any of this.[/quote]

Ospan wtf are you talking about this is my first time using the baiting method
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gaungys Ban Appeal. [Denied until further notice]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next