HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[BUG] Self-Damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: [BUG] Self-Damage   Tue May 31, 2016 7:37 pm

While I was farming exp, I hit a regular radscorpian with a rebar club (power attack) , and ended up taking around 120 damage. Raiders were disabled I'm pretty sure and it was the only NPC I was fighting at the time. Was talking to Elias to find out what exactly caused the damage, and he showed me this

8:31 PM - pea: Ajax Ceri [NoSound](STEAM_0:1:36987187)STEAM_0:1:36987187) did 168 damage to Ajax Ceri [NoSound](STEAM_0:1:36987187) with weapon_fo_melee_rebar

Not exactly sure how this was triggered, but it almost killed me while I was fighting the radscorpian. No errors in console popped up, so I'm not exactly sure how this occurred.
Back to top Go down
Sandbox

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Self-Damage   Tue May 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Why're you hitting yourself ya dingus lol!
An error wouldn't show up in console because it's serverside, which probably won't even display any errors at all if it successfully sent the damage (shown as 168 before reductions). It looks like a calculation error sending the damage to yourself instead of the target.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Self-Damage   Tue May 31, 2016 10:52 pm

I just checked the code and I don't see how this could of happened. It's the first time I've ever heard of it so that's really weird.

Well, I'm not sure I can stop the weapon from hitting the player because it looks like an issue with how traces or done in source or gmod in general because the owner of the weapon is filtered from the trace. Either way, I've added in a check to ensure that even if the player does "hit" themselves with the weapon, it won't apply damage to the owner. Thanks for reporting this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online

[BUG] Self-Damage
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1