HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris Strongdale

PostSubject: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:51 am

Server:

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:1:36930418
Your RP Name: Dave Lettermen

Length of ban: 30 days.
Date of incident: 6/1/16
Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 7-8pm EST
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:

The video in the evidence section really summarizes the reason and everything. The creation of these alts was not to minge. No one ever reacts to anything we do to them when we're on our main accounts. Its hard to believe but this actually annoys us. So JWalker, FUBAR, Silentghost57 all made alts to see what people did to us if we did the same exact things that we did on our mains.

In the video a man gets punched by me while I'm punching a vending machine getting warned to stop by a man that doesn't even own the vendor to begin with. I believe from the looks of it in the video that he intentionally stepped in front of me so he could shoot me. However, this might not be the case. It just seems kind of fishy that he decided to open fire on me with his pistol if it was so called ATTEMPT RDM. The reason why I did not stop and apologize was because I was afraid of getting shot in the head while I was typing and standing still. I did drop a stimpak out of my inventory, but the man did not get it because apparently one stimpak that you can get in 3 minutes of scavenging is so valueable to the point where they just have to be douchebags and take it before he even realized I dropped it.  I did not know where the man was because he was circling the vending machine trying to shoot me. As you could see I WAS NOT fighting back while he was trying to kill me. Anyways, after getting hit acouple times with his recharger pistol JWalker kills him and proceeds to kill 2 more people who try to take the man's items that drop.

We knew at this point it was getting out of hand. I was a bit confused why the dude continued to shoot me if I was RDMING him. If he hadn't had shot me then Jwalker wouldn't have killed him followed by the two others. But, we also knew that we were probably in the wrong too, so as JWalker was flipping out on me I called an admin which is also showed in the video. It was only one moderator on at the time (Lt. Korova) If you could hear me talking which you couldn't because shadow play doesn't record the recorder's voice for some reason then you would have a better understanding of the whole thing. I was trying to calm JWalker down and tell him that I was getting an admin to pick through this and sort it out.

Lt. Korova teleported to me and I explained to him what happened over voice chat. However, he was busy watching a movie according to what he told me over steam chat later, so he could barely make out what I was saying. About 5-10 minutes later (not included in video) Korova teleported me into the middle of the wasteland and started to explain to me that his superiors in teamspeak were telling him to tell me to stop. He explained to me that what I was doing was considered minging. At this point I realized that what I was doing really was minging in a way. So I admitted to my mistake and told him that I was sorry twice. We then started talking about how there was other ways to bait people. He told me that he was most concerned with the fact that I wasn't on my main account. I explained to him that no one reacts to these sorts of things when we're on our main accounts. He then told me that its because they know what we do and how we do it. I knew what I did was wrong and he told me that I was good and not to do it again. I said to him alright and he returned me.

I was still concerned about this and I knew that this was going to come out of it. This always comes out of it. I knew that it wasn't over.
It just really concerns me that I got banned for 30 days for doing this without even being spoken to about it. Then acouple days before I was banned for harassment after going through a whole sit with Mike Nespo and him saying that I was fine. So these are two instances where no one spoke to me at all to tell me that I was really wrong, but spoke to me telling me that I was right instead and then I get banned shortly afterward.... I mean honestly, if this was wrong then someone should have went through the logs and refunded items because I 100% guarantee that the people killed in this incident lost items and that they weren't given back. And there were so many witnesses around to give their points of view on the whole conflict. Having 1 moderator on to deal with all this chaos was really terrible. Saying on how mods are I believe limited in resources they can use during these situations.

Although, me getting banned like that was probably arranged while I was afk with some players that witnessed what happened. Atleast I hope it was. I did hear people saying that we were rdming after the incident had occured and like I said before people lost items so they probably told the admins about it when more admins got onto the server. I would have liked to atleast explain my piece, but I guess not.

I don't know what will come out of this, but it probably won't be very good for me. Jwalker was just defending me, he had nothing to do with the punching and that crap I was doing. He just didn't want me to die and was helping me out. As you can see in the video in the beginning part I explained to him that I might get shot and he told me that he'll be right over and not to die right away etc.

Once again guys, I know that what I did was wrong to an extent. Or maybe it was all wrong? idk, we'll see what the feedback is like when you guys watch the video.

I apologize guys, I really do. Again DAVE LETTERMEN WAS NOT CREATED TO MINGE! It was created to bait people into situations where they would normally shoot me and see if they actually did it now that I was on a different SERVER CHARACTER. We were actively trying to cover who we really were. As you can tell from JWalker's fake voice he was doing.  

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK80kS1ecIU&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:32 am

You got banned for a social experiment because some players complained too loudly about it?

Cause thats what it looks like.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crucible
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:43 am

Do you know who banned you? I myself can't really get on to talk to then but I am sure another CSC can.

Chris Strongdale

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:49 am

Lt. Korova banned me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:02 am

The ban seems a little excessive but at the same time it almost seems fitting. You say you didn't make that alt to minge yet all I see through most of that video is minging. You're just punching around for like 7 minutes straight and you gotta know you're going to hit someone eventually. RDM and attempted RDM get some decent bans. Yours was accidental in a way because you didn't mean to punch him but swinging your fists around like that is mingy af. Especially for that long. I think it should be shortened to a week or two.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:57 am

Jwalker did nothing and was unbanned. As for Charles, the section on minging has punching in it, but rewfers to when players punch all around a player without hitting them, this was in place to prevent new players from doing so. Punching a persons property is just baiting in order to aggravate them. As for accidentally punching someone, that is neither attempted rdm, or rdm. In this sense it could most easily fall under accidental crossfire as his target was the vender. Your not even supposed to kill for that unless its 20+damage. As for disassociation from a main, that is targeted at players who act nice, and then get on an alt and spam people for hours on end, usually in a way that breaks the rules. He's an ass on all accounts, there is no disassociation there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

I wasn't saying he was RDMing necessarily. I'm just saying that punching repeatedly near a group of people while running around will end up in someone getting hit. In my opinion that's basically attempted RDM. I guess if the rules only state that it's only minging while punching around a player then it is what it is but that rule is kind of retarded because I don't really see much of a difference. Either way it's a dick bag thing to do and seems pretty mingy overall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Strongdale

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm just kind of confused as to why I was told by a staff member that I was just going to get let off witha warning and instead I got a 30 day ban an hour after the sit. No one even talked to me about it. They just banned me, the whole point of staff is to make sure everything is justified and fair. A staff member lied to me. That doesn't seem fair at all. At least talk to me or something. I'm telling you right now I do understand that what I did fell under minging and wasn't right. But if we actually made more of an effort to communicate with each other and be make sure to be honest then I wouldn't even have had to make an appeal. It's just like the other day when I got banned for harassment. I said one thing and everyone jumped the gun just to get me off the server. No one even asked for my piece of the story. And then 10 minuses later I got unbanned. This could have been avoided if there was some more communication.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 pm

The staff member probably should've talked to you but sometimes we choose to give someone a ban so that they can just make an appeal and it helps you tell a detailed side of what happened. This can also help get more staff or players involved over having to ask them individually or waiting to round them up on TS since no other staff was on at the time. I do think your ban should be shortened or maybe removed and this can just be a warning. I know you had no intention of breaking rules or causing the outcome of the baiting that was being done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Strongdale

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:01 pm

Yes, thank you Kathrine. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Great so your minging self is gone for thirty days, I and the rest of the server can actually RP now! Smile

Honestly Brig is right, anyone that prevents a player from actually playing in a RP server should always be warned at first, though after many actions around the same field should be harsh punishment.

I saw the vid, punching someone else's tent and props why'll they have it there so they can RP... that's so immature, the minge is real...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:31 pm

he's unbanned you know....................................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Well you crushed my dream Aesop haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)   Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:19 pm

[Accepted]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Accepted]Removal Ban(Charles Matthews, Dave Lettermen)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1