HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:12 am

Server:[Frostburnt] Fallout: Decay - Primary | Roleplay

Your SteamID:STEAM_0:0:49091453
Your RP Name: Doctor Maximus Lightwalker
(Only required for PostnukeRP)

Length of ban:10800 minutes..i think
Date of incident:tuesday,june 7th
Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr):??
Time Zone:Mountain Time Zone

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:i was just watching my friend mike and his faction member go running off, while wearing the mutant pac that i thought was broken, but i guess i fixed it. Trooper,who was also there told me to take it off, but i told him that the rules said that you can change your player model to super mutants,protections,etc. and then i was banned for "ignoring the rules" and "ignoring the staff". Which is not true, as i don't remember any staff members talking to me, and i followed the rules, by making a MutantPAC, which is allowed,evidence:[2] Do not change your playermodel to anything other than a humanoid model (This doesn't include Super Mutants, Protectrons, etc.) unless i read this rule wrong, in which case, i'm entirely sorry for breaking this rule, i was going to see if a CSC would approve it anyways. Besides i just came back from a long break from the server, and felt as this ban was a mistake, cause i will always follow rules and when a staff member tells me," oh you're not supposed to do this or that" i listen and i stop doing the thing that breaks a rule.

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:35 am

EDIT:lenght of ban is 6 days

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:43 am

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
Which is not true, as i don't remember any staff members talking to me, and i followed the rules, by making a MutantPAC, which is allowed,evidence:[2] Do not change your playermodel to anything other than a humanoid model (This doesn't include Super Mutants, Protectrons, etc.)

How the hell did you manage to contradict yourself in the same sentence? What the heck? It's like you just suddenly came to the realization in the middle of typing it.

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
cause i will always follow rules and when a staff member tells me," oh you're not supposed to do this or that"

Except when you don't, and decide to completely disregard them and the rules.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:50 am

It's only 10800 minutes, I'll say just take it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:43 am

that's six days, and i like to come on the server and hang out.
Opsan wrote:
Except when you don't, and decide to completely disregard them and the rules.
when have i ever disregarded a staff member, and don't mention the deathclaw PAC, cause i got rid of it so i can't use it.so this ban can't have been because of that PAC. i remeber the one time Bizz told me to take off my Eyebot PAC, and i listened.
Opsan wrote:
How the hell did you manage to contradict yourself in the same sentence? What the heck? It's like you just suddenly came to the realization in the middle of typing it
if i contradicted myself, i wouldn't haven know, as i was kinda upset as this ban is unjustified.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:37 am

I believe you did not read the rules correctly

Mosspan Quoted wrote:
Which is not true, as i don't remember any staff members talking to me, and i followed the rules, by making a MutantPAC, which is allowed,evidence:[2] Do not change your playermodel to anything other than a humanoid model (This doesn't include Super Mutants, Protectrons, etc.)

This means that Super Mutants, Protectrons, and "etc" are not Humanoid models and you cannot change your to them. (Mostly cause it messes with hitboxes I believe).

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:52 am

Ah, okay. alright,thanks, i was wondering what that rule meant. in that case, i didn't break the rule knowingly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:00 am

StormySunrise wrote:
I believe you did not read the rules correctly

Mosspan Quoted wrote:

This means that Super Mutants, Protectrons, and "etc" are not Humanoid models and you cannot change your model to them. (Mostly cause it messes with hitboxes I believe).

Double post cause I cant edit my fucking post AUGHGHHGHGGH

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Reading the rule, I can see how that could be misunderstood. The intention is that it's trying to say that Protectrons and Supermutants don't count as "humanoids".

I can understand why you were banned, what with the whole Deathclaw PAC fiasco, The staff member probably saw you using a mutant PAC and thought "Oh, he's doing it AGAIN" without knowing you misread the rule and just banned you. I still think he could of asked you what you were doing with it and why you thought it was okay, but considering all of our problems with you in the past, I'm not surprised this happened.

No matter, as the one who wrote the rule, I'll take responsibility for this as it is very vaguely worded and I have improved the wording to be more understandable.

I'm sorry you misinterpreted it, but just understand that the reason the ban was so hasty was because of all of the past instances of the things you've done, considering an almost complete disregard for the rules and reportedly claiming to wear PAC's we have deemed not allowed when staff aren't around, so you shouldn't really be surprised that something like this would of happened and considering all of the issues you've had with Staff regarding PAC in the past. If I were you, I would ask staff members to clarify rules like this to avoid any problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:35 pm

ah, yeah, after the fiasco with the deathclaw PAC, i kinda deleted that PAC and swore to not wear it, and never really wore it on the server. i can see how the ban was hasty. and i'm truly sorry for the problems i have caused in the past, i recently came back from a vacation just yesterday, and the vacation really opened my mind and i decided to forget about the deathclaw PAC,deleted it and just play the game and not cause any more issues. And yeah, i wish the admin could have talked to me, if he warned me, i would have listened and took off my PAC. and i only wore rule breaking PAC's to fix them in case a rule might change and/or i get to use one,via a CSC's approval. i have learnt from past mistakes and i try to stay within the rules as much as possible nowadays. but the deathclaw PAC stuff happened in May, a couple days before i left for vacation, and i stopped that, but maybe the admin still believed that that was an issue. Thanks for taking the time to read my appeal,i know you're very busy. To be honest, i feel like banning me on the forums from the PAC stuff would be a better punishment as i stopped wearing my deathclaw PAC on the main server after my first thread:http://www.frostburnt.com/t3272-pac-rule-20, and the pictures in the second thread(http://www.frostburnt.com/t3304-deathclaw-pac) were in the PVP server,seeing as that had no rules, i felt it would be  a nice server to fix my PAC in.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:36 pm

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
ah, yeah, after the fiasco with the deathclaw PAC, i kinda deleted that PAC and swore to not wear it, and never really wore it on the server. i can see how the ban was hasty. and i'm truly sorry for the problems i have caused in the past, i recently came back from a vacation just yesterday, and the vacation really opened my mind and i decided to forget about the deathclaw PAC,deleted it and just play the game and not cause any more issues. And yeah, i wish the admin could have talked to me, if he warned me, i would have listened and took off my PAC. and i only wore rule breaking PAC's to fix them in case a rule might change and/or i get to use one,via a CSC's approval. i have learnt from past mistakes and i try to stay within the rules as much as possible nowadays. but the deathclaw PAC stuff happened in May, a couple days before i left for vacation, and i stopped that, but maybe the admin still believed that that was an issue. Thanks for taking the time to read my appeal,i know you're very busy. To be honest, i feel like banning me on the forums from the PAC stuff would be a better punishment as i stopped wearing my deathclaw PAC on the main server after my first thread:http://www.frostburnt.com/t3272-pac-rule-20, and the pictures in the second thread(http://www.frostburnt.com/t3304-deathclaw-pac) were in the PVP server,seeing as that had no rules, i felt it would be  a nice server to fix my PAC in.

the point is you shouldn't have been banned in the first place
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:52 pm

exactly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]   Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:31 pm

sorry for double posting, but EDIT: am i unbanned yet?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Removal of Ban for Doctor Maximus Lightwalker(GhostlyGhoul) [Expired]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1