HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 
 

 A long complaint and a brief suggestion.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Horodotion

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:51 pm

I've been playing on this server for about 3-5 weeks, and I've been put into bad situation after bad situation. Any new faction and any new player has to deal with one massive problem at the core of the server. That problem is baitors. I've seen a faction start up and immediately be destroyed by Sun on Yee, Corgi Inc, and New Balkan declaring war on them. I've seen countless new players falling for a KOS sign or a locker placed out in the open. I've personally had Golden Cross attempt to war-bait my faction.

The main reason I bring it up is because this is something that almost everyone who isn't a baitor complains about. The other reason is that Many people are frustrated that there is no stopping them. Fubar himself has admitted that he can get away with anything he likes. The main problem is that unlike a stereotypical minge out to kill anyone they can for loot, a baitor is almost a lawyer when it comes to following the rules and twisting them in their favour. The second, and arguably larger issue is that these groups are physically too powerful to stop on an individual basis from within the server, ignoring the fact that almost all of them are allied.

Many players on the server are tired of having a wonderful time until one of them shows up and annoys them, destroys their tools, kills their pets, steals their items, and so much more and not being able to do anything about it without dying. Being honest, I don't expect anything to really change, but we've all grown tired of dealing with them.



On a completely different tone one suggestion for the server: Binoculars to see what's happening or who's coming in the distance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nixinized

avatar

Posts : 127
Join date : 2014-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:42 am

Wasteland not safeland. It's part of the game. Rules are changed all the time to limit this to be more legit rather than a minge-fest. Wanna know how to stop them? I'll tell ya.

1. IGNORE THEM, it's simple, if they're threatening you and shit just ignore it.

2. Trade in safe places. If you do this, it's a hell of a lot harder for them to steal your shit. As for vehicles and shit, only get out to inventory your car when you know there aren't a hell of a lot of them around trying to nib it. If they get in it so they can hop in the drivers seat, just flip the fuckin thing and wait for them to get out.

3. If they're literally just harassing you, you can call an admin because that's just minging.

Also, as for the part where you say they 'destroy their tools', that's illegal as fuck and can come with consequences, they can't just destroy solar panels and shit for fun.

THINK SMART, USE YOUR HEAD.

__________________________

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Echiarenza
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 101
Join date : 2015-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 am

I mean the only way to stop them from killing you is to not fall for tricks/baits that are really easy to avoid if you have common sense. Crossing KOS signs and clicking E on lockers are just things people should know that they can get themselves kills once crossing the KOS sign, or clicking E on a raidable object, while there is a giant text in front of you in bold, telling people that it will kill you. Plus it's fun since there is PvP going on for once. Even if you die and feel annoyed, that's normal.

__________________________
Why Coront:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder
avatar

Posts : 1643
Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:12 am

I understand the witness system has some issues, but as it works now you can avoid wars and still kill people trying to "bait" you. Most of the baiting is people just going around picking on you until you kill them, triggering a war request. This is no longer possible unless they do it in mass groups, which they don't.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
GhostlyGhoul

avatar

Posts : 324
Join date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:16 am

yeah i'd say the same that @Echiarenza and @Nixinized say, you have to be smart around baiters, otherwise you'll be making a bunch of these posts. i can only say that if you don't take these tips to heart and continuously complaint, then,just don't play on FF, there's other servers that are either fallout-based,or use fallout assets.
Bizzclaw wrote:
Most of the baiting is people just going around picking on you until you kill them, triggering a war request. This is no longer possible unless they do it in mass groups, which they don't.
yeah this is also true, just use your head, use the newly-made "witness system" and i'm sure you'll be fine

__________________________
Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horodotion

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:28 am

Now, to respond to what you've said:

1. It's not like we can ignore them if they don't ignore us.

2. While true that you need a safe area, they are still able to follow you and they do not leave when asked. There have been multiple occasions where I have been followed behind a locked door to craft radaway for someone.

3. Thank you for the tip on calling an admin for verbal harassment.

4. If destroying tools is illegal, then why do people destroy barrels and kill headcrabs purely for fun?

5. It's not that these bait traps are unavoidable, it's that these traps should be something along the lines of "A locker cannot be placed out in the open." or "And area with a KOS sign needs a locked door and cannot have a dank memes inside sign."

6. Despite the war bait being significantly less effective, it's still almost guaranteed death for a new player or anyone not geared for PvP. I've seen many occasions where a person dies within one or two seconds from a shotgun, SMG, LMG. Take one on alone is too much for an average player to handle, let alone the fact that they hunt in pairs when they can. I'm not saying take away their gear, I'm saying that we should give them significantly less excuses to kill people.

This isn't so much about me and my faction, but about any new faction. Any time a new one pops up, they are constantly harassed day in and day out until utter destruction happens. Hopefully the new witness system eliminates the annihilation part, but it would still be nice to get them to leave us alone.


So would that be any consideration on the binoculars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree
avatar

Posts : 442
Join date : 2014-12-06

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:57 am

Stick together, kill the witnesses, wall off a town and prevent them from entering. Play smart, ignore the bait. Too easy but people don't understand even as a new player you can just ignore them they have NO power over you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:25 am

Horodotion wrote:


Many players on the server are tired of having a wonderful time until one of them shows up and annoys them, destroys their tools, kills their pets, steals their items, and so much more and not being able to do anything about it without dying. Being honest, I don't expect anything to really change, but we've all grown tired of dealing with them.

I still don't see why you people see this as like a rule breaking thing or something that needs to be changed.
As I've said in my other posts, this is NOT SECOND LIFE. It's an apocalyptic game mode where you can RP as whatever you want to be.
It just so happens that we have decided to be bandits. Bandits harras people, they steal their loot and kill them. Get balls and a team and shoot at us, we use the cheapest armors and weapons. Seriously if anything we're the easiest to kill, you're just doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
GhostlyGhoul

avatar

Posts : 324
Join date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:13 am

i agree with bill and warrandally on this, you have to outsmart the other players, or do what i do and hide and scavenge in areas away from the populace.

__________________________
Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

avatar

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Bill Andrews wrote:
Horodotion wrote:


Many players on the server are tired of having a wonderful time until one of them shows up and annoys them, destroys their tools, kills their pets, steals their items, and so much more and not being able to do anything about it without dying. Being honest, I don't expect anything to really change, but we've all grown tired of dealing with them.

I still don't see why you people see this as like a rule breaking thing or something that needs to be changed.
As I've said in my other posts, this is NOT SECOND LIFE. It's an apocalyptic game mode where you can RP as whatever you want to be.
It just so happens that we have decided to be bandits. Bandits harras people, they steal their loot and kill them. Get balls and a team and shoot at us, we use the cheapest armors and weapons. Seriously if anything we're the easiest to kill, you're just doing it wrong.


Fubar walks around the wasteland with a rocket launcher. The problem isnt the armor nor the weapons; its the fact that people join an rp server to rp, not actually fight other players rping as bandits. Therefore you get a bunch of players who have slower reflexes than those "raider" rpers and the fact that their pc's cant really handle the server due to them not being a intense gamer and requiring a med-high end pc. These people also do not have the "gamer endurance" where they can easily brush off insults and jabs. insults build up over time and Fubar & co. can easily brush those off because they have a high self-esteem (or egos for you players that want to insult them).

__________________________


117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nixinized

avatar

Posts : 127
Join date : 2014-03-26

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Horodotion wrote:
Now, to respond to what you've said

Alright, lets take this one by one.

I don't really see why you can't 'ignore them if they don't ignore us'. Please elaborate on this. I have no problem ignoring them while they act like little memes.

If you're doing trades like that, set up a secure shop. A secure shop will usually have a room that you can isolate your customer in to do your transaction, it's just a matter of getting that person into that small room without a billion pests following them in, which isn't THAT hard to do.

They cannot just destroy tools like solar panels. As for the barrels (if you're referring to a prop barrel or something) you can use the unbreakable tool on it and they cannot break it. Fuck headcrabs, they're dumb.

These lockers and stockpiles have VERY VERY obvious warning signs when you look at them saying that you may be killed for interacting, just ignore it. These are just simple traps that newbies fall for (oi free 20 each innit?).

You and your faction members are the only people that can raiders a reason to kill you, just be smart and responsible.

__________________________

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horodotion

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:58 pm

1. Now then to elaborate on the WE can't ignore them bit... All the things I have said about harassment are not something that goes away. We do not go to them, they come to us against our will and subject us to their torture and murder. I was just randomly killed as the system claimed I was a witness, when I was outside the building, never saw who killed my ally, and in a sign editor at the time. (Daniel-Stevens has video proof of that.)

2. They were the barrels used to fill water towers.

3. On the private room... That's what I mean when I said that "they followed me behind a locked door." The person followed me and my customer into my locked room. Yes, it is hard to do when they stand a millimeter away.

4. They may RP as bandits, but on any other server they would be permanently banned because they constantly wreck the enjoyment of others.

They've become completely unstoppable. They just need less excuses to kill people or more punishment for actions than "You can kill them for that." Any punishment like that is simply fuel for their baiting habits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-10-23

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Follow one or all of these three easy steps to smother that fire in the place where the sun don't shine.
1. Don't be in a faction.

2. If their lockers out in the open pisses you off, call raid on their lockers and kill the people who own it, double points if it's a raid on a faction locker in which case you can attempt to kill all members of that faction in the close vicinity.

3. Just avoid them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Step One. Avoid us at all COST

Not sure how to quote on mobile but to this line

"4. They may RP as bandits, but on any other server they would be permanently banned because they constantly wreck the enjoyment of others."

So should people be banned for wrecking our fun by not fighting us?

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horodotion

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:40 pm

Now, I admit that number 4 on the last one was written more with anger than good word choice, I do apologize for that.

I say that you would be banned on any other server because of, as I've said at least every time I open my mouth on this thread: Harassment, insults, theft, destruction, etc. Almost all servers have rules directly against that.

We can't avoid you if we're in town. You come to us. There was a time when Sun on Yee claimed KOS on the entire town in Pripyat and all we could do was be shoved out or die. So no, avoiding you is physically not an option.

On the fighting you aspect... I will note that you have exceptional skills, and in a 1v1 with equal gear I would be hesitant to fight you. But the thing is now you run around in custom skinned power armour with much better weapons than most players. Fighting you is almost guaranteed death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree
avatar

Posts : 442
Join date : 2014-12-06

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Horodotion wrote:
There was a time when Sun on Yee claimed KOS on the entire town in Pripyat and all we could do was be shoved out or die. So no, avoiding you is physically not an option.
If they did that then give my evidence and I'll ban all of them. You can't claim KOS on public areas at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horodotion

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:10 pm

I have no evidence, as it was a while ago and I don't record my gameplay. Though many people were present at the time. They had Hired Jack Shepard of Phoenix Company to assist them, but he quit working for them and tried to start an uprising to take back the town. I'd ask him if he has any actual evidence or knows anyone who would have said evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

avatar

Posts : 324
Join date : 2016-03-07

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
Fubar walks around the wasteland with a rocket launcher. The problem isnt the armor nor the weapons; its the fact that people join an rp server to rp, not actually fight other players rping as bandits. Therefore you get a bunch of players who have slower reflexes than those "raider" rpers and the fact that their pc's cant really handle the server due to them not being a intense gamer and requiring a med-high end pc. These people also do not have the "gamer endurance" where they can easily brush off insults and jabs. insults build up over time and Fubar & co. can easily brush those off because they have a high self-esteem (or egos for you players that want to insult them).
Yes, exactly why people get upset at fubar and friends, they want to RP but they can't because each time they try to RP,they get shut down. I can see why baiters exist, the server was kinda boring for some before the baiting rules were removed, and this witness system should help in regulating baiting without completely removing baiters. So it's a case of both arguments being correct, RP should be easy to do,but the server has gotten boring for those who love PVP, so baiting has to happen, so people can't RP easily anymore.
To be honest, i'm not too keen on baiting and i don't like it either,but it's going to be a long time before baiting stops. It might never stop,in fact.
Horodotion wrote:
They've become completely unstoppable. They just need less excuses to kill people or more punishment for actions than "You can kill them for that." Any punishment like that is simply fuel for their baiting habits.
Yes, the baiter factions have became a bit overpowered,but they aren't completely unstoppable. There are limitations on what they can do, and the baiters aren't mindless, they know the rules, and they follow them, and the baiters only do baiting because just RP'ing,to them, is boring. That's why Fubar,Sun On Yee,etc. bait,because it's fun, and they need to have enjoyment.

__________________________
Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Why is it seem every year we get a new name? Last year it was raiders now it baiters like what wver we doing before when people just called us raiders? This is a serious question.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

avatar

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:46 pm

FUBAR PAYTON wrote:
Why is it seem every year we get a new name? Last year it was raiders now it baiters like what ever we doing before when people just called us raiders? This is a serious question.

Actually the first name you guys were called were GC/Golden Cross

That was when Legion actually fought you out in open field as well as you raiding our bases with cameras Smile

I distinctly remember panic shooting you on the ridged of Outercanal when I climb swepped up there

__________________________


117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AEixilimar
Ban
avatar

Posts : 74
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:16 pm

Quote :
Actually the first name you guys were called were GC/Golden Cross

That was when Legion actually fought you out in open field as well as you raiding our bases with cameras Smile

I distinctly remember panic shooting you on the ridged of Outercanal when I climb swepped up there
The good ol'day's now we got BOS hiding in a base 24/7, Phoenix company logging off until enough of them jump on TS3 to get on in mass. Just not fun for a raider anymore because you get on during a way great, get some kills they are all offline, or are literally sitting in a building with walls so they do not have to deal with you. The new armors are quite annoying, alls it takes is one group to get a head by a little bit and they become the new rulers of the server and there appears to be not much balance anymore but I guess that is what the server gets for adding power armor to the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Horodotion

avatar

Posts : 6
Join date : 2016-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:21 pm

Well, I finally found something to give some merit to my argument.



The Golden Cross is "Role-playing as the DMV," in this image. All this amounts to is stealing anyone's car and holding it hostage until they pay money. Any attempt to circumvent the Golden Cross is met with death on sight. There's nothing like "You parked illegally." in the wastland. They simply steal any unattended cars and lock them away.

Earlier before that, Luck from Golden Cross harassed Isaac Miller and I for a few minutes trying to steal a vendor mid-transaction. He then proceeded to lock Isaac in a room and demanded either 500 of each or the vendor to let him out. (An admin came in and held Luck in a corner until Isaac escaped.)

Then, about 30-60 minutes later, Luck without warning chases me halfway across the map with a fire axe for mysterious reasons. He could have easily shot me, and tried to do so when he was fed up with me swimming. I don't really know why this happened, it may have been a hit, may have not. I was told nothing over text or voicechat.

It's these kinds of actions that I mean by "You ruin the enjoyment of the game." Stealing, harassment, attempted murder with no reason, etc. Some of us joined the server to roleplay, and sadly with people like this around, role-playing is widely ignored.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-10-23

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Just fight back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

avatar

Posts : 264
Join date : 2014-03-03

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Horodotion wrote:
snip

Honestly, this just may not be the gamemode for you. Albeit we used to try to appease all sides equally, it's gotten harder and harder to do. Having your car stolen is just kinda part of the game. Lock it.

I have a project you might enjoy more coming up soon for roleplay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-10-23

PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Aesop wrote:
Horodotion wrote:
snip

Honestly, this just may not be the gamemode for you. Albeit we used to try to appease all sides equally, it's gotten harder and harder to do. Having your car stolen is just kinda part of the game. Lock it.

I have a project you might enjoy more coming up soon for roleplay.
I don't even agree with that dude but the cars were locked, GC was lockpicking their way into them, and they were shooting their guns to enable combat mode so that people could not inventory their cars.
At least, luck did I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A long complaint and a brief suggestion.   

Back to top Go down
 
A long complaint and a brief suggestion.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: