HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grymestone

PostSubject: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:25 pm

A Complete History as to the events which transpired leading to Fubars Ban and my opinion on them

It is my sad duty to inform you all I am leaving the Frostburnt Foundation PNRP server and resigning my position as moderator of the server. Before I begin, I must add that none of this should be taken personally, and that I only wish the best for all of you admins and players alike. This is a critical essay on the state of the server and my decision to leave it. While some feelings will be taken onto the internet as we are only human and we of course have feelings, please do not be too hurt by anything said in the post. It is either in humor or in a constructive critique. So I continue as to why Im leaving.This is due to multiple reasons which will be listed below in the 1000 word essay, as I promised to Fubar I would write following his rejection of being unbanned. So either he has been unbanned and I posted this because I wrote a 1000 word essay for it and don’t want it to go to waste or he has not been unbanned and I must now post this OR which is the real reason as to why I am posting this, This is my last ditch effort to get Fubar unbanned because things currently are not going our way. Regardless of why you are reading this, thank you for taking the time to. Unfortunately Fubar’s ban appeal has been nearly from my sources rejected. This was disappointing to say the least. The reason he was banned was due to not caring for others feelings and while I understand why you might be mad for this, I do not believe it is a reason to be banned. You see if we were to care about everyone’s feelings in video games, the internet would be a very boring place and many comedians would be out of the job. Now allow me to explain the long list of grievances to which Fubar has been charged. Fubar and I were the biggest raiders on the server, though I really just tagged along and Fubar single handedly wiped everyone out. Toshiro would tag along sometimes either with us or we would raid him but Fubar would always be the voice here. Now of course when you raid, feelings will be hurt and people will be sad because, they lost something be it the raider or the person being raided. Unfortunately for the people being raided, Fubar is an excellent raider and generally always succeeds. This made Fubar quite the menace on the server to the point at which people would call in the admins to deal with this, namely, Nightmare. Now Nightmare was called in not only because he was an admin, but because he was the second most feared man on the server and rightly so. Gaben. He would be hired to kill Fubar when people were raided. So he would be contacted on steam or through TS to come onto the server to kill Fubar because Fubar destroyed a faction of 14 people on his own. Now this happened so often that people were getting really annoyed including the admins who would be called in. I will take the time to mention, WE NEVER BROKE RULES. EVER. We rarely NLR’d nor did we RDM. We called raids fairly and once we killed we left. We did not abuse PAC or any other glitch. Yet people got booty bothered.  So this is the backstory to our tale. Now the final straw that broke the camel’s back was on a minecraft server. Not affiliated with Frostburnt and in fact hosted by myself. Fubar invited Bizzclaw into the server and I was worried as to how this was going to go but I didn’t say anything (which in hindsight perhaps I should have and this whole situation could have been prevented.) Bizzclaw proceeded to invite Nightmare and several others on the server. Now this Minecraft server was on a gamemode called infamy. Infamy is a gamemode which adds guns, nukes, missiles, more guns, and armor to the game. It is a warfare mod. Now in addition to the warfare, space was added to this mudpack for some ungodly reason. Now Nightmare and Bizz and their group only wanted to go to the moon. They wanted to get into space which was a safe place and is cool. From the get go though we started this so we could cause destruction and nuke each other (we being Fubar, Myself, Silent, Rusty, Barracus, and Toshiro.) Well Bizz and Nightmare wanted no part of this. They said no attacking us please. Of course we reminded them many times this was a PVP server and we have every right to shoot on sight. They understood but continued to say not to kill them. So later on Fubar and Myself had Nukes. We were about to nuke each other when we both realized… WE BOTH HAD ANTI NUKE DEFENSES. So, not ones to waste, we decided not to nuke each other. Well now what. We have two fully armed nukes and no one to shoot them at. But wait. There was! Unfortunately that ended up being Nightmare and Bizz. This was in hindsight a terrible mistake but one we carried out regardless. We held a vote. Fubar said not to Nuke them, though it was his idea to nuke them. Rusty voted yes. I voted yes. We voted yes mainly because we felt everyone else wanted to nuke Bizz and Nightmare. So we nuked them. Now that did not sit well with Nightmare at all. He took it very personally as did Bizz and their group. I did not expect such a huge reaction over this. They continued to say they had spent three days getting all of their things and such. I took the brunt of the anger as Fubar was instabanned and everyone left to talk to him leaving me. So after several hours of scolding (which was not fun I might add) I lost my moderator for the night and Fubar was banned and we are in the situation we are in today. Now I must defend my actions. We did not think such a reaction would occur. We did not account for the personal feelings that had been attached to the server to this degree. Yes there would be anger but a global ban and two hours or so of scolding. They felt very hurt by this especially since they work so hard on Frostburnt to provide us with a good experience only to have us screw them over on ours. Now to be fair, I did not admin abuse nor did I spawn things in. <call of doge> This was all within the game and indeed the game was geared toward this. It’s called infamy for a reason. Its icon is a nuclear explosion. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO MURDER EACH OTHER! Now mind you they wanted no part in this but perhaps they should have thought, hmmm, they told us this was a pvp server. Hmmmm they said they were going to kill us on sight. Apparently these thoughts did not cross their minds when they got so booty bothered over the fact that we nuked them. They clearly didn’t expect it. It didn’t cross their minds. So this is the reason I am now leaving Frostburnt. They claim we did not account for people’s feelings when we played. But to be fair, we took on a role that was needed in any good story or in any good game. We were the Villians. Its not a glamorous job, albeit a fun one, nor is it one you get respected for. I was generally the good guy but I will say outright yes we were the bad guys. But now I see complaints of the Wasteland becoming the Safeland and indeed I find myself very bored on this server now. We have guns but we don’t want to hurt people’s feelings. We don’t want to make anyone angry. Because even if we want to, it seems to have become a bannable offense. And now TBU has more players than we do. That speaks for itself. There is always someone’s feelings getting hurt when its PLAYER VS PLAYER Someone is always B.Sing in chat over the internet. But you need to learn to look past all that, despite how annoying it can be. But ah well. It would seem it is pointless now. So my friends I hope you enjoy yourselves. I had a fantastic year on this server. Thank you for hosting this Bizz and Nightmare and Alaska. It’s been fun but Im afraid all good things do come to an end and indeed the good times for us on the server are over. So, So long and thanks for all the fish!

Though preferably I’d like to see Fubar unbanned and we can all go our separate ways though I'll stick with Fubar. I will return if Fubar is unbanned. Not only was his ban a purely personal grudge, it was over such a stupid thing, Minecraft Items. Listen, you worked three days on that how sad that you lost it. Well it was a little prank. It really isn’t that bad. Can we not just move past this and settle our differences. Nightmare and Fubar don’t get along we got that. Perhaps then, we should not simply prevent one player from enjoying the game (and by extension about 6 or so other players who were playing this server BECAUSE of him myself included.) Alaska likes Fubar and Bizz I can’t say. He seems to support Nightmare mostly. But from what I’ve seen, he doesn’t despise Fubar. So if he is unbanned, then lets have Alaska or Bizz deal with Fubar instead of Nightmare. So you asked on the human level, can you not respect us and our feelings. The answer is yes we can respect you and your feelings and we are indeed sorry about the way events went. But on the human level, can you not find it in your heart to forgive Fubar? Can you not look past this little event? Hate the game not the player.

*Disclaimer- This may or may not reflect the actual status of the server and is based solely off my own opinion and observations including posts from the forums and what I have seen on the server. Perhaps I’m just not on at the right times but the thread Safeland not Wasteland speaks volumes as to what I have observed and I find it no coincidence this has occurred since Fubar’s Banning.

This only took me 15 minutes to write this btw Fubar requested I say that. If you read this whole thing Props to you all. Thank you very much for reading.

Last edited by Grymestone on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:13 pm

I personally liked Fubar and was beginning to become friends with him. I've never personally seen him break any rules afaik and I don't think anybody should be banned for simply playing the game. Especially when it happened on a server that (I am assuming from what I have heard) isn't even associated with the community they were banned from. As Grymestone said this is just my opinion.

Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:21 pm

+1 for using the phrase "booty bothered."

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Grymestone. Tell fubar, me and Alaska will take the raiding over I guess.

Last edited by :F|F: Arisen Demon on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentGhost

PostSubject: Re: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:00 pm

Well if this is the case I would like to give a 5 word essay on my way to the door out of here.

don't mind if I do.

B.A. Baracus

PostSubject: Re: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:15 pm

The server just isn't the same without Fubar, he really should be unbanned.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning   Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:52 am

TL;DR
lolno
but seriously, we've already made ourselves clear on this matter. Fubar blew all the chances he was given. We gave him one last chance to be unbanned and he didn't take it and proceeded to attempt to verbally abuse the co founders of the server. He's done, we're done and I'm too busy being the one and only developer to dwell on a matter that has long since been resolved.
for more information regarding this matter, please check here: http://www.frostburnt.com/t286-the-real-truth-about-why-we-banned-fubar
And if you don't have the common sense to understand this simple fact that I appear to have to repeat myself on because either it's being ignored, or some of you seem to lack common sense I will state it one last time, I'll even make it underlined and bold:
We gave Fubar one last chance and he blew it. He came in our teamspeak said he didn't care that he was banned and proceeded to verbally abuse one of the co founders. despite us telling him that it was his last chance. He blew it and that's not our fault.
So anyways, if you can't understand that still, then go. Goodbye. We don't need you. We don't want you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

The Great Essay in Favor of Fubars Unbanning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1