HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dean Michales
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:02 am

Ok, so Basically, I have not found any possible way to recreate this glitch, but occasionally, an NPC will do a Massive attack, usually One-Shooting the player, this has happened to me on two separate times, once with Glowing Ones and once with a single Cazador, the Glowing One incident was with 3-4 Ghouls, and I, playing a Ghoul character, was absorbing the radiation and casually shrugging off blows, until l randomly get a screen filled with red, and me seeing the text stating that I have Died, I was lucky enough to have my items returned by a player.

The Cazador Incident happened about 10 Min before this post was created, and I was assaulting a Nest, having killed all but two Cazadors, I lure one away from the other to kill it, as it hits me once, killing me instantly, Note I was not poisoned, was at around 80 HP, and wearing Sadist Armor, and by simple experience I know a Cazador couldn't have killed me that fast. After the incident I spoke with Bleach, as he said it wasn't a normal thing to have happen, and suggested I make this post, but, the best way I could say to try to find this, is to be repeatedly pelted by a weak enemy whilst having regen ( Ghoul in Rads ) or amazing armor.

Sorry if it wasn't helpful to try to fix said bug, but it has to be out in the open, Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gaungy

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Yes this happened to me I was a scavenger. I was gonna fight a rad scorpion it does its little attack animation im at like 60hp ....... DED

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Please fix this, I got 1 hit killed by a Giant Ant when I had full health. ;o;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 pm

Wait, maybe the damage you do to the NPC goes back to you? I actually have no idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spencer Taylor

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:51 am

Can confirm got 1 shot at full health my mole rat

Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:14 am

Earlier today silentghost57 was farming experience and apparently he killed some kid even though he never attacked anyone at all. He then got dragged into a sit and apparently according to the admin in the logs it said that he killed him. However silent did not kill anything except NPCs the whole time.

So what I'm getting at here is when a player is fighting an NPC with a melee weapon or gun etc, when they do a large amount of damage to the NPC that they're fighting somewhere else in the Wasteland a different player takes the large amount of damage that the first player gave to the NPC.

This has happened to me before aswell, I was fighting a cazador and I got one shotted as a wastelander. I also have fought something and right after I killed whatever NPC it was, it said that I had committed an act of war in the bottom left and that no one had witnessed my actions. Then shortly right after that I was pulled into a sit and asked why I killed some random ass guy when in reality I didn't even kill anyone. I was just farming experience the whole time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )   Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:26 am

The issue is that damage is being applied to the wrong entities.

I added a redundant check to the melee weapons to ensure that they -never- can damage an entity if the entity is the owner of the weapon about a month ago. Regardless this issue persists in odd ways.

I'm not sure if this is an issue localized to just this server or if it's a garrysmod problem from new updates, especially due to the seemingly random nature of the issue. I personally have not witnessed it, but I've heard enough reports to believe that it exists so I'll ask around and see if anyone knows what causes it.

If it really is an issue with my melee weapons then I'll do what I can to fix it, but if this the case, then the reality is that unless I can find a way to reliably reproduce the issue, I can't fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online

[BUG] Melee NPCs doing Devastating attacks ( Very Rare )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1