AuthorMessage
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Notorious B.R.L. wrote:
Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:
Notorious B.R.L. wrote:
Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:
How does elder himself feel about this? Ihavent heard from him about it Razz

Also, when was this rule changed? I distinctly remember an owner telling me that YES, I am allowed to impersonate people, but if I dont stop when the person im impersonating tells me to, then its a killable offense. Leslie chow impersonated me during one of the supers attempts to do an arena, and after telling him to stop he did. I impersonated rucksack once a few months later, again, no one was mad and I even almost sold his car to someone. But come a few more weeks and I impersonate Kelly River to try to kick my hit out of her house, and she phyguns me out and gets all pissy.

Ok, for one why would you make an alt character just to have your name be Elder Leon Pryce & faction Brother Hood of Steel what would you consider it? Funny? No if it is apparently "not minging" then it would be consider being stupid, but if you wanted it to be "funny" why didn't you do it on your main Hmmm?

Second, who was the owner that told you cause I already spoke to three, Coront, Chess, & Chacon they all said they didn't tell you & that from what they know what you said is false & Aesop is on vacation so that leaves Brig & Bizz. Let me know the name.

I couldnt do it on my main as I am in a non-troll serious faction. Why would I leave my non-troll serious faction to make a troll faction that would be disbanded in a few weeks, it was like my community the "Mike Simms Fan Club" It was supposed to be a meme but then it started growing really rapidly, and then it died out because I joined a big faction. I made the alt because I wanted the privacy, as well as the fact im in a faction on my main.

I thought warren was an owner....

I talked to either Coront, Warren, Chacon, or De-luca about it. I'll ask warren if he remembers the conversation and if not i'd probably assume it was Deluca, my bad on saying it was an owner then, thats completely my misunderstanding lol

No he's a CSC & I spoke with Waran and he said you can impersonate a player not a staff member nor a faction, you can have the same beliefs as a faction with a different name and copy everything about them but not the factions name it self even if you don't do a single thing they do.

And so you weren't minging you were trolling oh, well either way there still isn't really a distinct difference between the two.

So you're basically saying Warren is saying that if I impersonated any NON-ADMINS and didnt make the faction, I would be fine? thats redonkulous. Plus, im not copying the Brotherhood of Steel in any way, the name is a play-on-words that sounds similar to Brotherhood of Steel. I cant deny that elder leon pryce was a copy though.

Sterben wrote:
Gershio wrote:
Kathrine wrote:
No no. Gershio making your name "Pryce" and making a BoS faction is a pretty good example of minging. If it's a "meme" it's a fucking bad one. It isn't funny or entertaining in any way. It's just pointless and retarded.

How is it minging? He's not doing it to offend anyone and literally no one cares about it. I have an alt named Proce Elger and no one cares. Again if he made his name "Price sucks" then I'd understand. Simply put, getting in a fuss over someone making a meme in a semi-serious RP server is somewhat ridiculous.

Actually the more I think about it maybe "Brotherhood of Steal" is a bit mingy but again who cares. I bet you anything no one cares. It just seems like everyone is jumping on the Mike Simms hate wagon because it's Mike Simms. Like okay cool but still I don't think it's a "minge" if someone changes their name to something stupid as a meme let em. Unless it's meant to offend. I think that people getting into a fuss because someone made a funny parody name is a little to serious with their roleplay. Cause thats all it is, it's a parody.

But hey thats just my opinion

It counts as minging because it's impersonation.  Mike wouldn't want to see someone who's not him go running around with the name "Sike Mimms" who's part of the Sike Mimms Fan Club.  So Leon wouldn't want to see it either.  Plus, you really don't know what Mike did during his "meme" moment.  He could've been running saying " Hi, I'm Elder Leon Pryce and I'm a weeaboo who was weird fantasies with my Inuyasha body-pillow."  Point it, it's still an act of minge and he should be punished for it.

I was running around with a gun out claiming different sections of the main town as well as part of outside the town that some player had a propbase on, so I couldnt claim it. Originally I was going to follow scavengers and steal stuff then spam a bind saying "I claim this for the Brotherhood of Steal" I.E. STEALING from people. However thats not really what happened.

Yes Coront, shower me with group invites! All over!11!:

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Then you were making fun of the BoS hunger for control by claiming/stealing land from people and was originally going to steal items for their hunger for technology. Yeah. How about you think about that and then place yourself in Price's shoes. Let's see what the results are when you're done.

Gershio

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms   Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Sterben wrote:
Gershio wrote:
Kathrine wrote:
No no. Gershio making your name "Pryce" and making a BoS faction is a pretty good example of minging. If it's a "meme" it's a fucking bad one. It isn't funny or entertaining in any way. It's just pointless and retarded.

How is it minging? He's not doing it to offend anyone and literally no one cares about it. I have an alt named Proce Elger and no one cares. Again if he made his name "Price sucks" then I'd understand. Simply put, getting in a fuss over someone making a meme in a semi-serious RP server is somewhat ridiculous.

Actually the more I think about it maybe "Brotherhood of Steal" is a bit mingy but again who cares. I bet you anything no one cares. It just seems like everyone is jumping on the Mike Simms hate wagon because it's Mike Simms. Like okay cool but still I don't think it's a "minge" if someone changes their name to something stupid as a meme let em. Unless it's meant to offend. I think that people getting into a fuss because someone made a funny parody name is a little to serious with their roleplay. Cause thats all it is, it's a parody.

It counts as minging because it's impersonation.  Mike wouldn't want to see someone who's not him go running around with the name "Sike Mimms" who's part of the Sike Mimms Fan Club.  So Leon wouldn't want to see it either.  Plus, you really don't know what Mike did during his "meme" moment.  He could've been running saying " Hi, I'm Elder Leon Pryce and I'm a weeaboo who was weird fantasies with my Inuyasha body-pillow."  Point it, it's still an act of minge and he should be punished for it.

You seem to assume that anyone cares about a parody name change. No one does. If he did legit try to impersonate Price and pretend he is him then yeah it's mindging. But I'm going to assume he just did it for a laugh and didn't take it too seriously. That's what I did. No offense but that's a bad argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms   Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:44 pm

But what about other players? This don't go around just because you think everyone is okay with it.

Notorious B.R.L.
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms   Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:02 pm

Gershio wrote:
Sterben wrote:
Gershio wrote:
Kathrine wrote:

You seem to assume that anyone cares about a parody name change. No one does. If he did legit try to impersonate Price and pretend he is him then yeah it's mindging. But I'm going to assume he just did it for a laugh and didn't take it too seriously. That's what I did. No offense but that's a bad argument.

Gershio you can't say "nobody cares" did you talk to the brother hood of steel? No you didn't cause I did and I talked to Leon yesterday as well and he doesn't either.

And Mike, it may be a play on words, by one letter, but it still cannot be done and here is why:
1: The first 3 words are the same and the entire word is pronounced the same
2: When you have your name as the Elder's name of the actual faction it's basically saying you're a copy trolling or in your words "messing around" and if it does not make you a copy then what does it make you?

One last thing, I never replied to the last part of your appeal. I did in fact tell you why you were being banned right to your face, every detail why you were being banned for what you did that day and why it was for a year in the reason, so please PLEASE rejoin the server and tell me what that reason says because that's why it was made a year and not a few weeks. Also I told your real name in front of two witnesses and if you would of listened at that point as well I told them that they do not know that this is your alt and they are to not mention it at all.

Biggie Smalls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms   Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm sorry, but based on the evidence I've collected from both this forum post and asking around on ts, I have concluded that the ban is legitimate, and there will be no removal of it. I apologize for this, Simms, as I know you do have a passion for the server. However, the rules and punishments don't take that into account, as we give everybody the same treatment. 
Denied
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Removal of Ban: Mike Simms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2