Share | 

Player death revision: Repair System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:18 pm

You still haven't learned your lesson about reading previous posts. I've already said I'm probably going  to make guns drop still, but not armor.

Actually yeah, I'm going to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
You still haven't learned your lesson about reading previous posts. I've already said I'm probably going  to make guns drop still, but not armor.

Actually yeah, I'm going to do that.

Why not armor tho?, I mean sure newer players would still be losing their shit along side veteran players keeping their shit/losing their shit. But the thing is with broken armor being dropped it still means the "veteran player" has to repair it even tho he got it back which in its turn makes a resource sink? ( sorry for any retarded spelling or so, i'm tired asf and on a laptop.

And yes i'm like a goldfish at some points ( at most points... ) I read something I forget it or either just ignore it like a complete jackass sometimes...

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:26 pm

LejonSnax wrote:
Why not armor tho?
Are you really asking that when there's two pages of debate with me stating all of my reasoning multiple times over?
Back to top Go down
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:31 pm

hey so, I've seen no ones suggested this yet, but it might not work, because of you said "tickets"

So heres the idea, all skins have a life total, like, say, common pistols and guns have "2" and common armors have like, 3-4 or whatever. Power armors could have like, 5-10. And what happens, is every time you die whatever you had equipped gets a -1 life on it, but the gun/armor sitll works at max potential, just less life. So say your a noob w/ leather armor and you die, you still keep the armor because it has lives, but it loses one. Things can be repaired to add more lives to it, and maybe engineers can make upgrades that give extra? But once a gun/armor hits 0 lives, when you die with it on it drops w/ 0 lives, and then the next guy can repair it or use it and drop it when they die and so on and so forth. That way, newbs can keep their gear for dying to something stupid, but people can still potentially get rewards for killing people.

this way, enginners/scientists still get that extra business for staying in their shops, noobs will try not to die and when they die for stupid shit wont be punished so hard, loot will still be a thing, and vets can still do wars and get loot, because people are more likely going to be spam equiping items instead of going through their car or lockers looking for pristine guns and armors.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Last edited by Evilsweetbl0ck on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:31 pm

The only thing I think that should change, is that the items should not break when you are defibrillator'ed'. That way Defibs still have a purpose in certain situations. I hope this isn't too difficult, but It would at least make it feel less penalized when you are defibed seconds after dying and having to repair all your equipment. I still don't agree with this update, but if I am going to play, I'll live with it.

Basically, the gear is broken after the player respawns, or if they are defibbed, their items do not break. The defib time is still a thing, so if they die twice, their gear does break. Just putting my 2 cents in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:51 pm

sonicb0om113 wrote:
The only thing I think that should change, is that the items should not break when you are defibrillator'ed'. That way Defibs still have a purpose in certain situations. I hope this isn't too difficult, but It would at least make it feel less penalized when you are defibed seconds after dying and having to repair all your equipment. I still don't agree with this update, but if I am going to play, I'll live with it.

Basically, the gear is broken after the player respawns, or if they are defibbed, their items do not break. The defib time is still a thing, so if they die twice, their gear does break. Just putting my 2 cents in.

No, having items break when you die, even after you're defibbed was the whole point. Sorry if you don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:02 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
sonicb0om113 wrote:

No, having items break when you die, even after you're defibbed was the whole point. Sorry if you don't like it.

Any thoughts on my idea?

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:40 pm

It's a little bit confusing.

Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Sterben wrote:
It's a little bit confusing.

nah dude, it makes perfect sense. you have like 5 lives on your pistol, you die and instead of dropping the pistol it goes down to 4 lives. etc etc until its at 0 lives, you can repair it to get more lives or add attachments or whatever to make it have more max lives, but eventually if you die with it at 0 lives it drops in the case as a 0 lives pistol. Of course, pistols shouldnt have 5 lives though.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:10 pm

That's still not possible, I can't add persistent variables to items, besides it's confusing and I don't see the point of it.
Back to top Go down
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:32 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
That's still not possible, I can't add persistent variables to items, besides it's confusing and I don't see the point of it.

for one, this would cover new players keeping their gear, and people losing gear, so everyone'll hopefully stop bitching so much. It will also cover what you're trying to do. Plus, above you said that each item is a 'ticket'. I have very little experience in coding, but why not just make instead of variables more tickets? you die and it comes back in your inventory instead of ticket "P90" or whatever it comes back as ticket "P90 slightly used", so that it has all the RP and death punishment it needs. I know this would probably be insanely difficult for you as you'd have to like, triple to quintuple the items in the database, but I really think that this would be the best way to go.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:
Bizzclaw wrote:

for one, this would cover new players keeping their gear, and people losing gear, so everyone'll hopefully stop bitching so much. It will also cover what you're trying to do. Plus, above you said that each item is a 'ticket'. I have very little experience in coding, but why not just make instead of variables more tickets? you die and it comes back in your inventory instead of ticket "P90" or whatever it comes back as ticket "P90 slightly used", so that it has all the RP and death punishment it needs. I know this would probably be insanely difficult for you as you'd have to like, triple to quintuple the items in the database, but I really think that this would be the best way to go.

That would duplicate the items. I see the reason for the idea, maybe it would work, but not for Postnuke and it's not really something that's possible in the current inventory system.
Back to top Go down
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I do admit I am concerned about weapons not being sold by engineering classes/ect. Might consider maybe doing something different with guns, but I'm still adamant on the armor.
Also, in case I didn't make this clear enough, it will still require hard plates, servos, MF cells, and resources to repair, so I don't think people will sacrifice power armor for the sake of doing dumb things. Hard plates alone are worth a good bit and aren't the easiest thing to come by, and don't forget that most of the time when players that are established die they get their armor back anyways.

Think about all of those situations where a player dies in a base and is revived or gets killed in a Helicopter crash or just straight up gets revived in a conglo drop and gets their loot back after having their case guarded. This happens a lot, and now with this if that happens, they'll have to pay a lot of resources and hard plates, this will be a huge money sink, hopefully stabilizing the economy.

As far as weapons go, It might be interesting if only engineers could repair weapons. It wouldn't be too hard for me to add a "drop" option to the broken items, and any engineer could press [USE] on them to repair them for resources, replacing the broken item with the non-broken version.

Although, this would mean engineers would have to actually man a store instead of just leaving vending machines..... HEY! That's actually a really good thing! I like that. It could actually create a whole new market...

Ok so this time I actually read what you posted... and I kind of disagree with you.

Think about all of those situations where a player dies in a base and is revived or gets killed in a Helicopter crash or just straight up gets revived in a conglo drop and gets their loot back after having their case guarded. - Guarding cases does not work 100% at the time. In fact in my opinion it's one of the least reliable tactics besides just having your ally grab your stuff. Hell, a few days ago I stole a panzer from this person that I baited and I even killed the person that was guarding the case (He shot at me btw). Nothing is stopping you from running up to the case and clicking "take all". Seriously, case guarding is not very trustworthy and rarely works unless you have enough people to kill the person before he clicks "take all". And even then, it would work better if the armor that they drop would be broken. If they got it back, not only would they risk losing it. But whoever picks it up or if the person gets it back. He has to repair it anyway.
Don't want to really seem rude but in my opinion, your reasoning behind why you'd put this system in when you could easily just let is pick up the broken armors just seems stupid.

There, instead of just saying how it's bad I took what you said and told you why I think that it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:21 pm

Since a lot of people have an issue with the fact that there's no gain from killing people, I've decided that maybe there can be a middle ground.

Basically items that are required to repair the armor will drop in the suitcase, so if you kill someone wearing a hardsuit, you can get a lot of hard plates from it.

If anyone's curious of the actual mathematics, you will drop, at max, half of the required items, but 1 at the least. So, if an armor only needs 1 hard plate to repair, you will drop 1 hard plate on death. If the armor requires 5 hard plates, you'll drop 3.

This means that you will still get a good benefit from PVP, but all of my original reasons for implementing this system persist.

A shout out to warrandally for this idea, it should really even the playing field.
Back to top Go down
Anchorman

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:24 am

Thank you Bizz! This is reasonable and a lot better.

ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:53 am

That is fucking cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:51 am

#Balanced

This in someone allows a player to actually gain something from murder, instead of it just being resources.

I actually do not mind this . Good change
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:40 am

Well I mean it is better than getting no armor at all but I still think that this was tackled when there are so many other problems on the server.
As I said before in discord: "If it's not broken don't fix it"
But I mean ok, no need to cause more drama over this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:05 am

I approve, good thing you listened to both sides. ( kinda )

LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:07 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Since a lot of people have an issue with the fact that there's no gain from killing people, I've decided that maybe there can be a middle ground.

Basically items that are required to repair the armor will drop in the suitcase, so if you kill someone wearing a hardsuit, you can get a lot of hard plates from it.

If anyone's curious of the actual mathematics, you will drop, at max, half of the required items, but 1 at the least. So, if an armor only needs 1 hard plate to repair, you will drop 1 hard plate on death. If the armor requires 5 hard plates, you'll drop 3.

This means that you will still get a good benefit from PVP, but all of my original reasons for implementing this system persist.

A shout out to warrandally for this idea, it should really even the playing field.

Will the armor still be sent to the player that died inventory?

Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:10 am

Quote :

Yes.

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LejonSnax

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 am

Techlord9 wrote:

Quote :

Yes.

Tamam habibi.

Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:49 am

And now just get your friend/ally to snag the case asap and then you can repair the armor immediately for free lol

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:11 am

Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:
And now just get your friend/ally to snag the case asap and then you can repair the armor immediately for free lol

That's the same thing as having your friend grab your armor when you die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: Player death revision: Repair System   Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Warandally wrote:
Evilsweetbl0ck wrote:

That's the same thing as having your friend grab your armor when you die.

true, true.

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Player death revision: Repair System
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next