HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Veteran Gary

PostSubject: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:34 pm

So, XP, obtained by killing random animals that spawn around. If you didn't know that then, I dunno what to say. Anyways I've been thinking of methods of gaining xp by implementing a new item! A skill book, something like those survival guides you find in fallout 4.
There can be many skill books, or to make things easy, just one.
Also to make it not as OP there will be a penalty. Only get 80% xp from a book
Tier 1 book= (If it is craftable) 1 paper, 10 xp, when used gives 8 xp
Tier 2 = 2 paper, 20 xp, gives 16 xp
Tier 3 = 3 paper, 30 xp, gives 24,
And so on.
And if this is too powerful, mabye make it harder to get, like only given in events, or dropped by NPCs
Just a suggestion since those people that have maxed skills can make some extra resources by selling their unused XP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:35 pm

+1 if its not too hard to add, gives a chance for people that have max skills to give out xp for resources/items, also helps people who needs XP

HipsterGoat

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Neutral. I like the idea, and think it could be nice, but i can see this becoming very easily abused- etc making a new character and give him a ton of exp right off the bat.

Unless of course they are rare drops, or basically a system is implemented for them to be hardly circulated.

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:20 pm

I'm sticking with HipsterGoat, it could be abused easily unless we make a system that makes it hard to achieve.

|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:42 pm

Lets take a step back. What you are implying is that xp is information since it can be written on paper. But xp mean "experience", but if you didnt already know that, I don't know what to tell you.You gain xp from killing, eating, etc. I don't know how that would become some sort of writable information.

Sterben

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Experience is also what you learn. So you could gain "experience" from books as well.

Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:25 pm

No

Veteran Gary

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:02 pm

Since when did this have to make sense? It was just a suggestion to share XP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comrade Veteran Chernov

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Veteran Gary wrote:

Well its rp, it has to make sense lol!

Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:53 pm

Veteran Gary wrote:

The more convincing your suggestion is, the more inclined people will be to support it.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xx_ESTE_xX

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Opsan wrote:
Veteran Gary wrote:

The more convincing your suggestion is, the more inclined people will be to support it.

Agreed, for now I've be Neutral about this because this system on how to achieve such book's is still vague.

A man once said," To kill or to be killed, unless your enemy can't be killed, well then you're fucked..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:36 am

So I gave Gary a suggestion on Teamspeak while he was telling me about this.
In real life it would work like this:
A man has spent years in the wastes, gathering information and skills or in this case XP.
Basically, that man would write about that shit in a little book or a wasteland guide (Like in fallout 4)
People would be able to read it, whether or not if it's free is up to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FoldingFreeman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:29 am

The whole point in you getting XP is the challenge, there is no point for you to be doing this because you can be every class on the same character and change your name if you want a whole different response from people. If you want to make a new character go right ahead but there would be no point in getting something that you can work for like on your main, or on Halloween you can farm for the strange white flames that give you XP when you use them instead of trading or selling them to the mysterious stranger that give you blueprints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:41 am

White Flames are easier to get on Halloween???

FoldingFreeman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:43 am

They only drop on Halloween. The Draugr that spawn when it is Halloween are the only things that drop them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:23 pm

I'd rather have nuka cola give you experience and if bizz has the smoking animation from the fallout games lying around, packs of smokes ( think I've seen it as a prop in the spawn menus) give you xp for using them. aka things that are already in the game as consumables giving you xp but are also somewhat uncommon to find.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:44 pm

bad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evilsweetbl0ck

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:39 am

nah lets do nuka cola quantums

#FreeMikeSimms:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:31 am

Gnomp wrote:
bad
Chess wrote:
No

I have to agree, I don't see how this could possibly benefit the game, the XP is reflection of your progression, that would be muddled if it could be quickly advanced by player-traded skill books, I mean I get it, a lot of older players have XP they have nothing to do with and would love nothing more than to just sell it off, but I don't think making it tradable is the solution to that problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Telly

PostSubject: Re: XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)   Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:18 pm

You get 4 xp from eating things like Exquisite Thermos of Soup which is why I want to see Nuka Cola (a somewhat rare find) to give xp for using it too, since rn it's just a different form of water that has an animation tied to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

XP transferring (Somewhat decent method)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1