View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Telly

PostSubject: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:16 am

In-game Name:Scooter-Bot

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049592405

Have you donated: Never.

Where are you from/time zone: EST

How long have you played: On and off for three years.

How did you hear about FF: In 2013 I randomly came across it while searching for servers to play on in the server browser.

How old are you: 21

Do you have a microphone:Yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: I've known all of the old major staff for years. Bleck, Aesop, Chess, Mushroom when he played, Techlord, Brig, Opsan when he was admin, essentially I've been around for a while.

Have you played on any of our other servers: Not really.

Have you ever been banned from one of our servers? If so, why? (Do not lie about this, doing so can ruin your chance of getting moderator. If you cannot remember the reason, note this, and we will look through our logs to find out.): I'm certain I've never been banned, but I think I was kicked by someone once for like three seconds to piss me off.

Why you wish to be Moderator: I'm gonna be perfectly honest with you. I've been wanting to get back on the saddle for weeks now but have been putting off writing an application till now.

That's it.

I'm opportunistic and there's currently a severe lacking of staff to wrangle the kiddos from making the server any more of a shitshow. The simple fact is that the server NEEDS staff and Chacon isn't looking forward to teaching new people how to be staff members. So that's where I'm coming in, making this application. I don't really care about the drama right now other than it being a catalyst to motivate me to actually give a shit for once.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: Enforcing the rules (what the fuck else is a moderator even for) and making sure the existing staff don't get too big in their britches because I don't give a fuck if you're another mod or the server founder yourself, that doesn't make you immune to criticism and sometimes it does take a raging autist to bring someone's head out of their ass.

Back when I was a moderator, I actively policed people's bases and watched over raids to ensure bitching about the raid's result was at a minimum. I even tried to set up an event or two out of my own inventory though with limited attendance. I handled at least a dozen normal sits between randos when I had to though I think I only had to ban a few kids who were just there to try and mass RDM people or minges that fucked with people's bases/shops incessantly. I went above and beyond normal moderator duties (to handle sits and pull people that get stuck and walls and shit) and tried to make sure that people weren't being complete faggots all the time.

Sure I can get emotional sometimes, with bad internet to boot, but I'm experienced as staff for this particular gamemode and my motives for wanting to be staff is clear. I want to keep the literal only gmod server I play on from falling apart any more than it already has and it needs staff members.

Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:05 pm

AH!
No.

you take everything way too personal and you're the kind of person who'd have the finger hovering the ban button for the smallest slight

i dont wanna see this person as staff

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Telly

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
AH!
No.

you take everything way too personal and you're the kind of person who'd have the finger hovering the ban button for the smallest slight

i dont wanna see this person as staff

That sounds like projection there, bud.

Paraphrasing from memory, but wasn't it something like 'I'll do a magic trick, and make you disappear!' When I said I didn't explode quite like you did once on this forum and the next day or so, you came onto the teamspeak with a chip on your shoulder and red in your eyes, screaming at the top of your lungs at me. Then you like banned me from the server somehow when I was all 'Was that a fucking threat? How fucking DARE you' and then Bizzlaw promptly tromperstomped your ass.

If anyone is the least bit qualified to approve moderation apps that I make it's you because you're the most biased one against me on Frostburnt.

When I WAS staff, I didn't ban people for the smallest little thing, once again you're just making character judgements about me that are applicable to YOU Jeef Belonkas.

Just glaring hypocrisy.

The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:52 pm

-1 Nah

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:58 pm

FUBAR PAYTON wrote:
-1 Nah

Care to justify that or you just gonna do backflips?

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:24 pm

+1. Can handle situations well (Especially during that time that kid with overload minge points was on.). Also knows the rules well

Exavolt
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:38 pm

Disregarding some behavior quirks, he has proven himself competent and even eloquent when he chooses to be.

I believe he would make an adequate administrator.

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Exavolt wrote:
Disregarding some behavior quirks, he has proven himself competent and even eloquent when he chooses to be.

I believe he would make an adequate administrator.

You've always been a very good judge of character, Exavolt. I haven't heard you speak on the TS before but I imagine you speak a lot like Bird Person does.

thinly veiled post bump away

Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Moderator Application Telly   Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:47 am

Doesn't play anymore. Gets offended easily. Goes on really really long and arduous tangents/rants over meaningless things.

[Denied]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Moderator Application Telly
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1