HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

(Suggestion) Grenades.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sterben

PostSubject: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:20 pm

I was thinking about this when I was thinking for new ways to raid people and grenades came up a lot. So there are already grenade launchers and missile launchers to use but they explode on impact making it fatal for the user if he's too close. So I thought timed grenades would decrease the chance of accidental player deaths from explosive weapons. We don't really need a lot of grenades either. Just fragmentation grenades and maybe flash bangs. Let me know on your thoughts and other ideas for this below.

Telly

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:49 pm

They used to be in the gamemode but they were overpowered since they don't require anything else to use. They were like 5 gunpowder and some resources for a scientist to make and they were just a mass RDMer's favorite thing to use. They also are a lot less reliable than a contact grenade or launcher since they bounce around.

There's also the fact that the fallout creatures HATE Hl2 explosions and they crash the server if they get hit by one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Why not make the grenade way less powerful than the contact grenades and make it harder to acquire.

Raksho

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:01 am

Grenades could have been immensely useful in raids, due to how basing used to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:25 am

Telly the Scorned wrote:
They used to be in the gamemode but they were overpowered since they don't require anything else to use. They were like 5 gunpowder and some resources for a scientist to make and they were just a mass RDMer's favorite thing to use. They also are a lot less reliable than a contact grenade or launcher since they bounce around.

There's also the fact that the fallout creatures HATE Hl2 explosions and they crash the server if they get hit by one.

This is all completely false, sorry. They were removed because there were so many ways to dupe them. That's really all there is too it. Not sure where you heard otherwise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Telly

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:39 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Telly the Scorned wrote:

This is all completely false, sorry. They were removed because there were so many ways to dupe them. That's really all there is too it. Not sure where you heard otherwise.

I heard someone say the mobs freak out and explode the server when hl2 explosions hit them last month but I guess they were wrong. I don't know who it was but I think ameno was present when it was said. I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
CSC
CSC

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Anytime I've had a HL2 weapon explosion hit an NPC from our server the server has crashed, that's either really convenient timing or something is being weird.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: (Suggestion) Grenades.   Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:47 pm

It's not why grenades were removed/haven't been added back yet.

Grenades were removed long before custom NPCs were made, and if I was going to re-implement nades, I wouldn't use HL2 ones anyway so it's a moot point. I would probably make my own so that I could properly tweak their damage/radius/effect, so the damage method would work similarly to a missile launcher, or a guard plase. (not the projectile mind you, just the way it explodes), which, I've never heard of crashing the server when fired at NPCs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

(Suggestion) Grenades.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1