HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Bug] Witness system is acting weird.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: [Bug] Witness system is acting weird.    Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Me, SMMK and Nick Brawk were plotting something against some people.
SMMK pissed them off by lockpicking and they shot at him. I didn't quite see it clearly
and wanted to play it safe and be 100% sure. So I went inside with my G3A1 and I heard him threaten him.
I opened fire because he threatened an ally. The witness system made a witness out of only 1 person out of the 3 people (-1 that I killed).
That person being Jane. Now I know that there are a lot of factors that go into the witness system and it's not like 100% like real life.
But, if someone is literally 5 feet away from their fellow faction member and sees him get killed, I'd say that it's pretty noticable.
I Don't know if this is a glitch or just the fact that the range is not high enough, either way it should be looked at.
Here is the video. (The fact that Jane was RDMed, was already handled by the way)
Also the first time I killed him I didn't kill Jane because I noticed that it didn't show and was sure that it would the second time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Witness system is acting weird.    Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Could it be because you were much lower on the stairs? And isnt nick on a 2 month ban?

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Witness system is acting weird.    Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:15 pm

FUBAR PAYTON wrote:
And isnt nick on a 2 month ban?

No, I was unbanned.

jimmypau wrote:
I'm so fucking pissed right now, I want to like destroy the whole gmod, I'm SO FUCKING PISSED. FUCK!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Bug] Witness system is acting weird.    Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:21 pm

It takes field of view in to account; they have to see the person actually die as well as the person shooting.

Either way, it Doesn't look like they could clearly see you here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[Bug] Witness system is acting weird.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1