HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

(Question) Warnable Offense.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sterben

PostSubject: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:02 am

So, are you allowed to publically call someone a baiter? My car was stolen by Jerry today and The Doctor called him a baiter. Jerry's next action was this "Don't spread rumors about me being a bandit and whatnot doctor, final warning.". Is this right here a warnable thing? If so, please tell me for future references.

ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:04 am

[7] Someone is putting you at risk by claiming you offended them in some way, IE, claiming to others that you stole from them, or putting a hit on you, however, you must personally witness this yourself, or be informed by a faction member.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:05 am

That doesn't answer my question.

sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:05 am

So by giving advice to a friend to not buy gear from someone. I can be killed by assisting them in making a decision. Fair enough.

Also, the putting them at risk part is the key part here. They were the ones that warned me, I didn't not 'destroy' their reputation. All I did was try to talk to Juno, and at which point I was trying to inform them of a possible bait. Jerry drives by and then says the message that Sterben said.

Last edited by sonicb0om113 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 am

That's a little stupid.

ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:08 am

It answers the question, he is publicly calling out somebody for being a baiter and its a reason to kill somebody (AS I SEE IN THAT RULE) without a warning, it would be different if instead of telling everybody he just went to Jerry and called him a baiter which that warn will make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:09 am

So, I can be killed for witnessing someone stealing a car, and calling that thief a baiter in public?

sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 am

I don't mean to be rude, but I never publicly called him a baiter. I was trying to talk to Sterben privately, and at which point, they "Jerry" drove by and said ""Don't spread rumors about me being a bandit and whatnot doctor, final warning." I never spread any rumors, so the warn was invalid in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:11 am

Need I to mention that he also minged with my car too.  I asked him where it was and he answered with "None of your business." which obviously means it's in the wasteland.

ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:14 am

It's not the same calling that guy a name when you are having a conversation with him to going out your way to town and start saying to everybody: X guy is a baiter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:22 am

1. I warned you to not call me a bandit because it ruins my deals. You obviously told him that I'm bandit because he changed his mind after you whispered something to him.

2. The car flipped over and it was literally like 10 meters away from your face on the road, I didn't even need to tell you where it is. And no, it doesn't clearly mean that it's in the wasteland. People make DMVs and put them in there.

3. You yelled at him when he was about to shoot me: "Don't do it, he's baiting you."
How you don't see that you didn't spread rumors is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:25 am

Bill Andrews wrote:

How is it consider to be a rumor if it's true?

Rumor
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

That's a rumor.

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:30 am

Sterben wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Rumor

That's a rumor.

He still ruined my deal and my bait by telling you - Someone who has never seen my character before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:32 am

Bill Andrews wrote:

He still ruined my deal and my bait by telling you - Someone who has never seen my character before.

Seen Jerry plenty of times in the wasteland. Seen him bait many people, and I've seen it all of that character. I don't see what point your trying to make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:34 am

Bill Andrews wrote:
Sterben wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Rumor

That's a rumor.

Then it was a rumor for that one second. Then you had to ruin it by stealing my car and making obvious that you were a baiter.

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:34 am

sonicb0om113 wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Seen Jerry plenty of times in the wasteland. Seen him bait many people, and I've seen it all of that character. I don't see what point your trying to make.

Not talking about you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:35 am

Sterben wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:
Sterben wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Rumor

That's a rumor.

Then it was a rumor for that one second.  Then you had to ruin it by stealing my car and making obvious that you were a baiter.

No, I'm talking about him yelling: "Don't do it, he's baiting you"
When you were clearly about to shoot me.

- Sorry for the double post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:37 am

Bill Andrews wrote:
sonicb0om113 wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Not talking about you.

So, you guys nag and nag at Bizzclaw to make the server into a Wasteland Simulator 2016 and to make it as realistic as possible.  What do you think a person is going to do in real life wastelands when they see a person about to be scammed by a known scammer?

Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:40 am

Sterben wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:
sonicb0om113 wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Not talking about you.

So, you guys nag and nag at Bizzclaw and to make the server into a Wasteland Simulator 2016 and to make it as realistic as possible.  What do you think a person is going to do in real life wastelands when they see a person about to be scammed by a known scammer?

Not sure what you're trying to tell me here. Manly Tears clearly showed you the rule that shows you that if you are talking about someone and making them look bad you can warn them to stop and then kill them.
Telling someone that you're a baiter/bandit or whatever is making someone look bad.
And Sonic, I don't know why you're complaining so much, I never fired a single bullet on you and all you do is spam lenny faces in chat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ManlyTears

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:44 am

What the fuck did this post became to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicb0om113

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:50 am

Alright, to clear things up. Yes, spreading rumor can get ya shot. I know that. Also, I believe it was "[7] Someone is putting you at risk by claiming you offended them in some way," not making you look bad.

At Risk. Not looking bad.

And I'm not going to say that you couldn't have been put in danger. In fact, by getting my friend to lower his weapon, it put you OUT of danger, making it so no one wanted to deal with you

And about the Lenny face comment:( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and so what If I do.

Sorry Bill, I don't hate ya, never did. I'm just trying to show my side, not shut down your argument.
We all can agree that if someone is calling you a baiter, then yes, it is liable for you to tell them to shut up, but I don't think warning them ABOUT a bait, is the same thing. I never called you a baiter, never called you a bandit, and can stand by that until someone proves me wrong.

This is my final post on this , sorry to annoy ya Bill, and to everyone else, have a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:52 am

Bill Andrews wrote:
Sterben wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:
sonicb0om113 wrote:
Bill Andrews wrote:

Not talking about you.

So, you guys nag and nag at Bizzclaw and to make the server into a Wasteland Simulator 2016 and to make it as realistic as possible.  What do you think a person is going to do in real life wastelands when they see a person about to be scammed by a known scammer?

Not sure what you're trying to tell me here. Manly Tears clearly showed you the rule that shows you that if you are talking about someone and making them look bad you can warn them to stop and then kill them.
Telling someone that you're a baiter/bandit or whatever is making someone look bad.
And Sonic, I don't know why you're complaining so much, I never fired a single bullet on you and all you do is spam lenny faces in chat.

It doesn't really help you on your end when you're already making yourself look bad by driving a stolen car around and when Doctor says "He's a baiter" you get all offended and tell him not to make him look bad.

So, let's go on a rundown of what's wrong with your post.

Bill Andrews wrote:
Not sure what you're trying to tell me here.

There's a big red flag for mental issues.  It's quite obvious what I'm saying.  You're completely backwards from what most baiters want!  A wasteland simulator for more reasons to kill.  And if the server's going to be a simulation you've got to make it as real as possible.  Sure, in real life you can warn them, but in real life I could kill you for killing Doctor because I have no rules to follow.

Bill Andrews wrote:
 Manly Tears clearly showed you the rule that shows you that if you are talking about someone and making them look bad you can warn them to stop and then kill them.

If you were just standing in town minding your business I would get that.  But when you're driving a stolen car around and being called a baiter, that's a whole different issue!  It makes you look more like an idiot because you're doing bad deeds but you don't want someone calling out on it.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: (Question) Warnable Offense.   Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:46 pm

Why are you all even arguing over this?

If you want to tell something to someone privately, use /w or write it on a note and pass it to someone, otherwise saying something bad about someone, true or not, is going to get you in trouble.

The semantics of the rule are irrelevant.

Either way, this has gotten out of hand.

[Locked]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online

(Question) Warnable Offense.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1