Share | 

RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
DT or, Damage Threshold will be used  along with DR for armor, allowing for a much more dynamic armor system. DT basically means that the armors protection rating is directly subtracted from the damage done to the player, except never lower than 20% of the original damage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Yummy-1ModeraterApps

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Gnomp wrote:

Nice yung lean doer
but are we expecting different servers for different pvp areas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Dev Update

It's been a decent chunk of time, and there hasn't been much more than the Trello in terms of direct to-the-crowd updates, so I'd like to reboot this little thread for a while longer to satisfy both ends of the developmental line.

Yummy-1ModeraterApps wrote:
are we expecting different servers for different pvp areas?

And the answer is yes. In most cases the PvP zones will be spread throughout multiple maps. This is the same for any other map setting in FO:R. The map system works in an extremely similar way to the travel-map in the Classic Fallout games.

Bonus Goodies, a few weapons that we've recently ported over. They are all WIP as of this moment, but will be put into testing sooner than later.

Door Number One:

Door Number Two:

Door Number Three:

Door Number Four:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:00 am

How will base building work? If there even will be base building or any sort of basing system.

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:18 am

Cherry wrote:

How will base building work? If there even will be base building or any sort of basing system.

A key term you'll be hearing a lot from me during the development stages of FO:R is 'Instances'. Bases will no longer be in a main map, and are instead bought land in a "Housing Server". The way you build is the same as standard Gmod, save with a few twists of FO:R crafting tables and other various odds and ends. You can let others into this instance via Party System, or by crafting and setting up a Radio Transmitter that will show your Instance on the World Map to all other nearby players.
The limitations of this instance are tied to actual game "Allowances" of props, a prop limit. You can purchase these with in-game resources at a workbench in your instance. There are also other kinds of basing, but this is the private form of it. There are ways to base in the actual maps, but this is an entirely different topic involving PvP and point control.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Not being able to build will greatly benefit the performance of the server! Great news also with the added of original buildings that are actually part of the map! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Cpt.Telion wrote:
Not being able to build will greatly benefit the performance of the server! Great news also with the added of original buildings that are actually part of the map! Smile

While you are right to an extent, building is still allowed as I've said, but rather than be free form sandbox, we're placing game related restraints on player building. Prop limits are now adjustable by a variety of means, there are designated areas for it, and there are more incentives for the process than in Decay.
Think of our system as Fallout 4's settlement building, only with tool guns and manual placement of objects.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:42 pm

Another question, are we going have artillery weapons  (it would be awesome raiding the base especially tight bases and enemies wearing top tie power armor high resistance, also during war too) it seems impossible work on RESURGENCE, I don't know I'm just curious. And are we going have military vehicles, aircrafts, with mounted gun etc, also heavy weapons like minigun, rpg etc.
Pardon my question and grammar if it doesn't make any sense, since I'm not good with words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Ice Frost wrote:
Another question, are we going have artillery weapons (it would be awesome raiding the base especially tight bases and enemies wearing top tie power armor high resistance, also during war too) it seems impossible work on RESURGENCE, I don't know I'm just curious. And are we going have military vehicles, aircrafts, with mounted gun etc, also heavy weapons like minigun, rpg etc.
Pardon my question and grammar if it doesn't make any sense, since I'm not good with words.

While you won't be seeing 5mm cannons in FO:R there will be hand held weapons of the explosive variety. These guns are your typical Bazookas, Grenade Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Hand Held Grenades etc. Vehicles are a touchy subject at the current stage of development, as they are nothing more than concepts floating in thin air, you shouldn't expect anything beyond your standard Junker 4x4 to be launching you across the Wastes much less a Helicopter or Humvee. Mounted guns are an interesting idea and I would like to look a bit more into it, but for now vehicles are going to me more akin to the ones in Decay, albeit, they WILL have degradation, require fuel, and will most definitely be more than a storage device.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:56 pm

Another question, how will vehicles work? Will it be like fallout decay(PNRP) or will it be more like DayZ where you have to find the parts to repair it.

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:28 pm

Cherry wrote:
Another question, how will vehicles work? Will it be like fallout decay(PNRP) or will it be more like DayZ where you have to find the parts to repair it.

I personally haven't played DayZ enough to get a vehicle, but over-viewing in a technical sense, this is how they will behave. the vehicles will have a degradation rate. This means, fundamentally, the more you use your vehicle and what kind of vehicle it is affects its ability to hold together for long periods of time. You can also have your modes of transportation damaged through gunfire, explosives, running people over, and ramming random objects. You also must maintain your car's fuel, this can be anything from Moonshine to Micro Fusion Cells, all depending on the mods and upgrades you've used on the acquired vehicle. You can also drive your car around SPECIFIC instances, main towns namely won't allow you do much other than have your vehicle parked. In PvP Zones however you may in fact use your vehicle for anything you would like, this also applies to player owned instances (I.E housing, factories, etc.)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:03 pm

I believe the last part is so crucial to your point Gnomp, becuase of the physical differential damage your car can take. It gives clans like the, "Speed Freaks" to launch their vehicles out in the fray and expect to wreck havoc, yet at a price! Lets say the, "Speed Freaks" do that tactic though if they were attacking a well resourced clan, potentially all of the "Speed Freaks" vehicles could be salvaged if they lost the battle by the enemy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:42 pm

Yes

Back to top Go down
View user profile
killerarmydude

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Ice Frost wrote:
Another question, are we going have artillery weapons  (it would be awesome raiding the base especially tight bases and enemies wearing top tie power armor high resistance, also during war too) it seems impossible work on RESURGENCE, I don't know I'm just curious. And are we going have military vehicles, aircrafts, with mounted gun etc, also heavy weapons like minigun, rpg etc.

There is Miniguns, and the best power armour is t51 if you want top tier armour.

Cherry

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:02 pm

How will the medical system work? Will you have to heal certain limbs or will it be just the PNRP way; Also how will reviving work?

NSFW:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TimeSnake

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:27 am

I know you guys decided to have no RDM rules and you would have the NCR govern the wasteland, but how strong is the NCR going to be? Will the NCR be stronger against newer players but not that strong against higher level characters? Because I hope the NCR is a force to be reckoned with at all levels, like in the Fallout games. Second question, will players drop everything they own when they die? Or will their items just lose a large amount of condition when they die?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:07 am

TimeSnake wrote:
I know you guys decided to have no RDM rules and you would have the NCR govern the wasteland, but  how strong is the NCR going to be? Will the NCR be stronger against newer players but not that strong against higher level characters? Because I hope the NCR is a force to be reckoned with at all levels, like in the Fallout games. Second question, will players drop everything they own when they die? Or will their items just lose a large amount of condition when they die?

I would hope the NCR got that dank 9999 HP because when players get big they would meme and kill the ncr if they do something wrong and I don't know about how inventory will work but I am pretty certain that it won't involve you dropping everything you own because what is the point then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:49 am

killerarmydude wrote:
There is Miniguns, and the best power armour is t51 if you want top tier armour.

Don't act like you know the development process, I'm the only other person that can definitively
answer questions other than Bizzclaw. And no, T-51B is not the strongest armor, and "Strongest" will be more than a trivial term. If you also look back literally a few posts up, I already answered his question.

EDIT: I should also mention that attaining a suit of Powered Armour will be nothing like Decay, you can't craft it, and you must be highly skilled in utility stats and perks to be able to truly maintain it through frequent use. The only ways we have set at the moment to get Power Armour is either through a specific Faction, or through random encounters, or other players. It's not meant to be everyone's little "Special Keepsake." It's a pre-war relic, one used for war, by the military, for the military. It's not a Wastelander's play thing, and if it is, they'll learn very quickly what kind of responsibility sits on that suit they own. Not to mention, you need to get Power Armour training to even use the stuff, again, only two places you can get that too.
I'd go as far as to say T-51B, or any power armour wouldn't be much of a logical choice for "The Best Armour" because even though it is by stats, if you die, you will keep it, but managing it is where the real hurt comes in.

Cherry wrote:
How will the medical system work? Will you have to heal certain limbs or will it be just the PNRP way; Also how will reviving work?

The medical system is localized to limbs as well as a general health status, you can temporarily fix limb damage by directly healing them via stimpaks, using morphine to ignore the pain, or using a variety of other drugs. The only true fix for broken limbs however is Doctorsbags or by actually mending them at a Doctor in general. As you'd expect, Limb HP is affected directly by any Endurance modifiers and is protected better or worse depending on what armor you're wearing.

EDIT: Didn't see your second question there, Reviving is a whole other beast in Resurgence. There are still Reviving items, all utilisable by anyone at all. This is actually something that's in the air right now, but expect to have Defibs, a perk that allows luck based reviving, adrenaline pens, etc. Reviving will be a bit less focused and prevalent in FO:R however.

Timesnake wrote:
I know you guys decided to have no RDM rules and you would have the NCR govern the wasteland, but how strong is the NCR going to be? Will the NCR be stronger against newer players but not that strong against higher level characters? Because I hope the NCR is a force to be reckoned with at all levels, like in the Fallout games. Second question, will players drop everything they own when they die? Or will their items just lose a large amount of condition when they die?

Mike Nespo wrote:
I would hope the NCR got that dank 9999 HP because when players get big they would meme and kill the ncr if they do something wrong and I don't know about how inventory will work but I am pretty certain that it won't involve you dropping everything you own because what is the point then.

The NCR won't be invincible, sure they'll be strong, but they don't really even have a major foothold in Southern Oregon. They'll be stretched relatively thin, but they'll still have a strong enough presence to push over most new players and give most mid-tier players a decent run for their money, you'll be able to easily beat them with above-average group tactics at any level or tier of gear that isn't sticks and stones though, as the NCR at this time period was mostly made of jumpy conscripts with itchy trigger fingers and high-expectations. Don't expect that there won't be consequences however, there are a SHITTON of throwbacks for farming NCR encounters, you won't be have access to one of the best status buffers in the game, you won't have access to the best gun merchants in the game, and you'll be on an entire growing army's shit list making the only safe place for you Deep in the Oregon Frontier.
Death? Well, death will be much better managed and mediated, you lose EVERYTHING except for your equipped set of armour, at least that's how it's planned at the moment, the weapon and armour you have selected are kept upon death, but are severely damaged to the point of being useless. I know what you're thinking, "Then how the fuck, or why the fuck would I even want to kill this person for their gear in a PvP Zone?" well, they'll drop, like in Decay, a set amount of resources that would be used for crafting said gear, that or we might just make PvP zones a free-for-all scenario where the player would lose all gear if killed there.
The thing about crafting in this game is that there is a ton of variety making most armours and weapons relatively easy to craft by utility focused players, so dying will be more, but less consequential at the same time, all depending on what exactly you're doing at death. This makes bandits attacking caravans more worth while, as the caravan would have ALL its stock at risk, but the bandits would have most of theirs on the line as well. It would tend to even out in most cases however, as most players would have more than one gun, grenades, stimpaks, drugs, caps, you name it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:20 am

How will creating your own faction work? Atm I have slight knowledge that a large CHA Stat is required, will we be able to switch faction alliances (ex: raider > NCR/ townsmen>Raider) and will player-created factions be required to maintain their faction through tribute/payments. Will they be able to support other major npc factions or only their own. (No need for definite answers as Im probably sure that Bizz is just trying to get the last parts of the base game to be done)

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:19 pm

[Moved to Resurgence Development]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Checking the trello, Pre-alpha server is right around the corner. Who's going to be allowed to test in it( if it isn't public)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:40 am

It'll be in closed alpha for a bit. Only staff and a select few others will be allowed on in this time. After that, then it'll go public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:46 am

Will there be any more variety to cultivating? Like instead of just having plants and growing melons, will we be able to actually claim land and grow things beside food? Like maybe hemp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rucksack

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:13 pm

What's a Murphy got to do to get into Pre Alpha to help out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Bill Andrews wrote:
Will there be any more variety to cultivating? Like instead of just having plants and growing melons, will we be able to actually claim land and grow things beside food? Like maybe hemp?
Bill that's not how its going to work anymore. You'll see once the pre alpha is out. But growing food will probably come a bit later.

To Murphy. The closed portion of it will be 1-3 days tops if i had to guess. So you won't wait long.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next