HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rucksack

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm

ok sounds cool, cant wait to see what you guys have been working on 100% support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Stormy you had an old forum question that wasn't answered. The number of party members you can have is determined by CHARISMA. 1CHA=3 player followers minimum and then ever 2 charisma gives you an additional +1 to the limit. Then there are factions. You need I think 7 or 8 CHA to make a faction. We currently have no limit on members. Alliances with npc factions will be reputation based. So think New Vegas. High rep means your friends, better prices, maybe favors. But getting high rep with them may lower reputation with other factions. We currently have not gone over any faction maintenance fee, or a way to support npc faction other than with minor quests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sterben

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:03 pm

I have a question with the NPCs. When you kill them, how will the loot system work? Will it be like PNRP where a suitcase drops with a random chance of items, or will you be able to loot their corpse and take SOME of the items?

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:07 am

Their bodies will become lootable, but not everything will be lootable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrGentleCat

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Now I think that this is a very important aspect of any fallout based game-mode and should be taken very seriously. Will there be Nuka-Cola, will there be different types of Nuka-Cola (shown in and out of Nuka-World DLC for Fallout 4), and finally, will Nuka-Cola have different affects that it gives you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:50 pm

MrGentleCat wrote:
Now I think that this is a very important aspect of any fallout based game-mode and should be taken very seriously. Will there be Nuka-Cola, will there be different types of Nuka-Cola (shown in and out of Nuka-World DLC for Fallout 4), and finally, will Nuka-Cola have different affects that it gives you?

I suppose in that regard the various flavors would be as varied as real world Quartz deposits, maybe even a developmental Victory in the field as we pop the Cherry of how gmod servers handle this, an almost Quantum equivalent system in terms of status effects, at least how complex they'd be. Pfft, just kidding, they're rather simple. Thanks for the serious question, I suppose that caps off that response.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:00 pm

Video
don't mind the FPS drop, sharex Nukas my frames.
I tried
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
MrGentleCat

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:08 pm

Another very important aspect that I would like to know about would be regarding vending machines, will they be a thing? and what will be used as currency if they are a thing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:24 pm

You can have vending machines over my dead rotting corpse. No personal offence intended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:20 pm

whoa there Brig, no reason to behave like some soda jerk.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:31 pm

I formally request death. Please administer within 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Exavolt
Donator
Donator

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:55 pm

I doubt death will be nessisary Brig, up untill this offence, you've been a FANTAstic administrator.

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:09 pm

Will resurgence look any different from decay? Like visually; will playermodels be any different, npcs and stuff, will the weapons only consist of Fallout-based ones instead of the generic guns already from from FA:S?

EDIT: Sorry, wanted to know if there are gonna be some leftover FA:S guns since there were videos on the remodeled 10mm pistol, shotgun, and energy weps.

Last edited by Zapper3000380 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:24 am

Zapper3000380 wrote:
Will resurgence look any different from decay? Like visually; will playermodels be any different, npcs and stuff, will the weapons only consist of Fallout-based ones instead of the generic guns already from from FA:S?

Sometimes I wonder if you people even follow our update videos and shit, it's more than plainly obvious, at least it is to me and the rest of the dev team, that we're going to be using a custom base for most of our shit. The models aren't changing as we don't physically HAVE access to anything better, and if we did we'd use them. NPCs are a given if you've even glanced at the trello, everything is explained, just read a bit.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Larhee
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm interested, since I'm from Oregon and don't know a lot of the fallout lore that takes place there. Are there any civilized Oregonian groups? or are you going to add any NPC Oregonians at all? I'm guessing you would add the basic tribal and raider groups.

Edit: Oregon has many native populations and i think it would be really interesting to have ghoul natives, seeing as they wouldn't be directly targeted by the nukes. But that's just me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Larhee wrote:
I'm interested, since I'm from Oregon and don't know a lot of the fallout lore that takes place there. Are there any civilized Oregonian groups? or are you going to add any NPC Oregonians at all? I'm guessing you would add the basic tribal and raider groups.

Edit: Oregon has many native populations and i think it would be really interesting to have ghoul natives, seeing as they wouldn't be directly targeted by the nukes. But that's just me

No, sorry. President Trump in 2016 enacted a "kill all natives" act and we have wiped out all the native American population by 2k22 according to the lore. They were hunted by white people.

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:16 pm

When Resurgence Comes out fully, will the story with the conglos be scrapped or finished?
Alternatively, Will Decay's storyline be finished before or after Resurgence comes out fully?

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warandally
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:26 pm

GhostlyGhoul wrote:
When Resurgence Comes out fully, will the story with the conglos be scrapped or finished?
Alternatively, Will Decay's storyline be finished before or after Resurgence comes out fully?

Ooh, a question I can answer! We are planning on finishing the events involving both story lines (They're pretty much identical), however; Conglomerates will not be in Resurgence. Keep an eye out, as we are working on events all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:50 am

A few updates

Image:

Image:

Raider Fix

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GhostlyGhoul

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:58 pm

What factions will we see in resurgence, if there's going to be NPC factions?
And Will player factions still have a use or will players have to choose from one of the NPC factions?
Edit:Another question, how will weather work, will we see the return of radstorms, and will there be day and night cycles that feel natural, and will there be custom pipboys you can make and buy, like the handheld,readius,the PIP-Pad,the pimpboy. And how will the rules be restructered in resurgence, and the one most people should be asking, will there be baiting?

Helpful member of Fallout:Decay's Community
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:25 pm

GhostlyGhoul. I already answered many of those questions on this very page. If you actually bothered to read the questions posted on this thread you wouldn't have to repeat them. Frankly we are tired of dealing with you constantly repeating things, necroing threads, and just being an unhealthy forum member in general. If you don't shape up we will have to ban you from the forums. It's already been discuses between us, and its not up for discussion so don't bother arguing with us on this questionnaire thread, doing so will result in the post being deleted. All we ask on our forums is that you respect us and other posters by reading a thread before posting to understand whats going on, leaving dead un-relevant threads alone, and respecting basic forum etiquette. Please attempt to conform to these simple requests so we can all have a better time on this forum. This goes to anyone else reading. Maintaining forum etiquette isn't difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:41 pm

As for one of his questions that that wasn't answered in this thread.

Rules won't be written so much as enforced by players and npcs. For example, when you enter a town npc guards may ask you to unequip your weapon or holster it. And pulling it out may make them hostile. Attacking another person without warrant would cause the guards to become hostile also, similar to fallout 1 and 2. Also players will slowly form etiquette. And decide how others can act in certain areas. The guard npcs will be extremely powerful so you cant just kill people willy nilly.

Baiting will be technically allowed, since there are not really any directly written rules. But as far as i currently know there want be a war system like the one used today. So just stop being a pussy and kill them, or ignore them till they go away if there bothering you in a town. Alternatively, since they may just mic spam people, we may (I said may you cunts, we haven't talked about it in a while.) be adding a muting feature that mutes them for your play session. But don't blame us if you don't hear something important.

Disclaimer: I'd like to mention that everything in this post is still subject to change and is not 100%. For a few reasons. Ultimately the choices fall to the primary creator Bizzclaw, with the help of Gnomp and myself during the decision period. Also because this particular subject hasn't been discussed lately and ideas may have changed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:34 pm

Gnomp wrote:
Resurgence will actually have so much depth that we've added the ability to become overly fond of your large weapons, there will also be a companionship meter and affection statuses. P.S. that's a link

In addition to the above, if you fill your weapon's affection meter to full, you will have the option of engaging in coitus with your weapon. This will give you a 24 real-time hour buff that grants +20 to all skills relating to that weapon, and +1 to endurance.

The scenes are also fully animated, as well as fully voiced with dialogue choices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer   Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile

RESURGENCE - Development Question and Answer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next