HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
janho5

PostSubject: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:39 pm

Server: Base Fallout Decay

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:30771078

Your RP Name: Jankle Mollases

Their SteamID: (I'm so sorry, but I haven't played Gmod in a bit so I forgot how to find this on console silent , if needed, Ill try to find him and look up his ID)

Their RP Name: Jillian Rose

Date of incident: Nov 05, 2016

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): Around 21:00

Time Zone: UTC-07:00

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: Some newfound buddies and I were scraping through the wastes clearing out any nodes we could, hacken up cazzy nests, classic grinding. All was well until an armorles man, Jillian Rose, came up to us while we were scavenging near a town, giving us meme-grief. Recognizing immediately that he was the same man who baited a gal I was pals with earlier, Anica, I told my friends that we are going to just play cool and not engage in violence, but simply roll along with Jillian's junk to not get possibly destroyed (I've learned that if anybody bothers you [steals car, annoys, etc.] in the wasteland, and your not properly prepared to deal with them or potential others, never engage them and just comply until they find you're not worth it). There was a point though, that when I attempted to enter my car to continue looking for nodes (and to escape Jillian), Jillian quickly entered my car and began to drive off. I told a friend to exit my car, which he did, and told all my friends not to shoot Jillian, in hopes to not get owned by potential friends of him (Like the t-51-b-wearing lord of war, Lucky). Then, Jillian began attempting to run myself and my friends over many times with my own car (see screenshots), following us into town, making minge-memes, calling us names, and so forth. After a while, I decided to make my newfound friends like Anica community members, and decided to log off due to the serious condition known as "being tired".

I may be wrong, but I think Jillian broke rules [lll-D-3] and [lll-C-1]. I also think he possibly broke [lll-L]/[Vll-A-7] in general, as the people Jillian baits dont know he is allies with unstoppable body guards, like how my friend Anica didn't, and so dont fully understand the risks they are in when they engage in combat with Jillian, thinking he is the sole combatant.

Screenshots (Didn't have video recorder program):

If you want the names of my 3 buddies for witnesses, or mere knowledge, I'd be happy to find and provide them, I just typically know friend or foe from appearance (which is bad in retrospect, but I have a hard time remembering names the day of acquaintance because cannabis  tongue )

Before I end this, I just wanted to state that I'm not making this report to "Slam Jillian" or any other players, in fact I think your memes Jillian are kinda funny when its the right place and time. I just don't like bad baiting. Now, I completely understand that baiting is one of the 3 largest portions of this game's resource acquiring techniques (Excluding conglo/raider hunting), with node scavenging and raiding/events being the other 2. I completely respect this, and I see it as a piece of this game that makes it unique compared to other rp survival games, but I personally believe that having a person annoy, punch, and run over you and your friends to the point of retaliation just from being merely fed-up, just to get "flamed on" by a mega-tank war machine ally that is unknowingly allies with the man bothering you, I just dont see how fair that is IMO. No hard feelings whatsoever to Jillian or Lucky or any of your buds that were around at the time.

(Just to reiterate on my posts, apologies in advance for any spelling error, I'm still honing my English  Smug Shades )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msgtjmman

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:52 pm

The T-51 B wearing Lord Of War Lucky here, Just wanted to let you know that you weren't directly involved in the baiting.... Your friends were killed because they were either (A.) Very gullible or (B.) Don't understand the rules. I get you are trying to defend your friends but this is literally just dumb. As for "Jillian" hitting you with the car you were standing in the middle of the road which I am pretty sure was designed to be driven on by cars. Ya some kid took your car and hit you with it but he didn't go out of his way to do it, The road is his if he has a vehicle if you don't move then that is your own fault. Vehicles don't even do damage so I don't understand why you are making a big deal out of this. Ya baiting can be annoying but the wasteland is honestly a much to safe place and they are needed. If your friends felt like something went wrong they need to make a report you were only involved when you got hit by a car.... Many people get hit by cars and don't make a big deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.stopthebaiters.com
Yummy-1ModeraterApps

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:08 pm

This is one of the most well written Autismo Paragraph I've seen in a long time since Nightmare's rants. You're legit quoting rules that don't even make sense to the situation. Considering he never "Following someone around and yelling/saying insults to them for an extended period of time hoping the other person will retaliate.", all he asked was "Can I touch your breastes" isn't insulting at all.
"[3] Under no circumstances can you use your vehicle (Cars, Helicopters, Planes, etc.) to kill someone. " He wasn't trying to kill you, he stole your car and you stepped into the street to block him? He wasn't bad baiting, in no way shape or form is that bad baiting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:39 pm

Ok. Yes, one of my friends was new, for he joined that day, but my other 2 had basic/advanced grasps of the rules. Now here is where I have trouble defending myself due to the lack of footage. First, in regards to rule [lll-D-3], it may be unclear due to the majority of the photos, but Jillian did not stick to the roads a good portion of the time, an example being my last photo, with him clearly being on the sidewalk. Yes I could have "got out of the way" which my friends and I did multiple times, but if Jillian didn't continue to turn around and come back to either have another hit or just to ramble at us, I wouldn't have put in the effort in this report.

From an RP and past gameplay standpoint (When getting hit by a vehicle was lethal), getting run into by a car and hearing a "oof" indicates to me that I am getting damaged, even if I dont lose health, hence "getting killed" (Which is supported by Jillian coming to hit my friends and I repeatedly.)

Next, to respond to Mr. Yummy's statement that my
Yummy wrote:
legit quoting rules that don't even make sense to the situation
, for example, the "Following someone around and yelling/saying insults to them for an extended period of time hoping the other person will retaliate" but him loitering in town to merely talk to my friends and I, asking to "touch our breasteses", calling us an idiot while in my car, and more (I really wish I recorded the full dialogue), seems to comply with "Following someone" and "saying insults for an extended period of time". He could have drove my car to hunt for nodes, or look for NPC's, or anything, not just to continue conversing with my buddies and I.

Lastly, in regards to bad baiting, I still view a person who appears to be a minge/noob/mememan and follows my compadres and I to annoy, and when the opportunity arises to steal my car, and lastly continue to follow to annoy, just to wait for that moment my buds or I fire that initial retaliating shot just to get killed instantaneously by an unknown ally seems like bad baiting, or loop holing, or whatever, but that's just me.

I also feel like, due to the length of my "rant" as some will call it, this is a TL;DR scenario to some, but idk.

I'm just tired of seeing my friends frustrated, and I just want to do whats in my scope of power to help, that's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yummy-1ModeraterApps

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:49 pm

janho5 wrote:
I took him liking my breast as an insult
This is what i got out of the last post
So it's annoying to you so its considered bad baiting... okay, He was complementing your boobs and you took it as an insult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:59 pm

(Instantly proves TL;DR point)

Yummy Buddy, I believe you were around last night when this occurred, but he said more than just wanting cop a feel on some lady lumps, which is why if I could have recorded what happened, I would have.

Also, that was not the sole part of the bad baiting (possible looping-holing), but whatever.

I'm just going to wait for some extra reviews of my post, but thank you very much both msgtjmman and Yummy for your input, it is actually much appreciated to help refine my report and to set the story straight.

(Also, I just noticed now our post amounts are equal now Yum Yum tongue )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msgtjmman

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:11 pm

No problem it's just you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. There are much worse baiters on the server and you happen to make a huge deal out of a very small situation. The only way for newer players to learn about baiting is to either watch baiters or get baited themselves.
Back to top Go down
ManlyTears
Super Admin
Super Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:38 pm

What about you give me some screenshots of the guy actually following or at least the insults you are talking about, because I see everything was legal but the insult part.
By the way, if you are trying to say that somebody is bad baiting you don't need to make 50 paragraphs, with one paragraph and an actual screenshot that explains the situation is enough and if you needed help you could've joined ts3 and poke some admin to get this solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:04 pm

First, to ManlyTears, you are 100% correct, I could have made a simple paragraph post with some evidence and nothing could have potentially changed, so I digress.

As for the insults, Jillian dealt them all verbally through the mic, which again leads to my frustration with not taking a recorded video at the time, so I sincerely apologize in that sphere.

Lastly, you're are right again, I could have turned on ts3 and contacted an admin to deal with the issue at the time, but it was around 9:00  at night yesterday when the incident occurred, and I wasn't up for make a 30 minute deal since I had work today, and the early worm doesn't get fired from snoozing on the job ;p.

Now, in response to msgtjmman, I completely understand that, in a way, I am making a mountain (or antlion mound  pig) out of a mole hill, but it is this hill that brings frustration to old and new players alike, since "grey areas" like these create obstacles for interactions, rp, and simple gameplay in general within Fallout Decay.

(Also you're dead on right in regards your tenet on new players, since if they are not going to read the rules, they need to learn from experience.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
msgtjmman

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:30 pm

The thing is I was with Jillian and I didn't hear anything that could be considered an insult, He was literally complimenting people's "Breasts" I don't understand how that is taken as a threat. In terms of threats some of the people that got killed by me were definitely threatening Jillian. The fact is Jillian didn't make any actual legit threats and those few people got themselves killed because they either (A.) Killed Jillian or (B.) Threatened Jillian after being warned not to. This can literally go all day the fact is Jillian did nothing wrong and you are still saying that there is "Loop-holing" and rules being broken. He never followed you, You never left town and if you did leave town Jillian was with me. I witnessed nearly every action and all of your claims from my end are false. It was late, You were tired, You got agitated and because of that you are making a post on the forums about "Player Abuse" which was invalid to begin with. There was no abuse you just got triggered and that's what baiters look for.
Back to top Go down
janho5

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:09 pm

Ok. I completely respect your side of things, once again, but could you please not turn this into a "Your just reporting cuz u mad/salty/triggered, bro" scenario, because this isn't that.

This is merely a stand for my friends against "funneling", as I like to call it, by which a person "pushes" (Or in this case follows, annoys, and physically disrupts) another person or people into a corner so they either continue to ignore the aggressing person, leave the server, or where they retaliate to merely get annihilated by a unbeknownst guardian.

Also, we were DEFINITELY not in town the whole time, as the first time my car got taken from me by Jillian was way outside of town, around the time you told one of my friends to "Never make a threat again," which I warned my bud about since he was new and was oblivious to how threats get you gutted.

I understand the rules and nature of baiting, which is why I avoid player violence or situations that result in insta-death at all costs, at all times. This just doesn't seem like "just" baiting, to steal, then follow and disrupt, just for reactions, until that reaction comes to be preyed upon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kathrine

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:27 pm

You should've just hired someone to do the killing for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cpt.Telion

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:51 pm

I swear you must of lived in cali, janho5! Anyways, the person that stole your car had full legal rights to do so, including running you over. You can kill whoever stole your car, you also can kill anyone that is running you over when you are not on the road.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zapper3000380

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:06 pm

I'm slowly detecting a moderate level of cringe from the elongated paragraphs.

On another note, not enough evidence to show proof of repeated harassment or 'bad baiting', since the screenshots only show a minuscule fraction of what has been described. If the supposed harassment was done via in-game chat, screenshotting the console would've been a good idea.

If this was in voice-chat, i dunno. Just grab a bucket of memes and don't get your jimmies rustled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Alright, I'm back from a 3 day election break.

At this point, due to my friends now being indifferent to this situation (mountain-molehill), as well as myself losing motivation in fighting in this case, mainly due to this primarily being not my "battle" to fight but my friends, as well as, as Zapper says, my lack of clear, concise evidence to back this case due to my impromptu photography, I concede my report, and Jillian is off the hook (Woot!).

My last beef is just about rule [lll-D-3], since getting hit by a vehicle doesn't damage you anymore (Idk about Vertibirds), I dont know how one could get killed by a car (Besides getting rammed into a building, possibly), so I guess that'll just be a F.D. mystery to me.

(Btw; Arizona, not cali, Cpt.Telion  tongue )

(Sorry to all who thought my report was either too long, or too formal. I just have seen in the past people who post reports too casually and have gotten hard backlash, so I just tried to keep this as professional as possible (Even if this is about a vidyagame XD))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yummy-1ModeraterApps

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose   Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:37 pm

/reqclose
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Denied] Player abuse report on Jillian Rose
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1